2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Need Help from the forum

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/06, 08:55 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help from the forum

Hey guys...here is the deal....as you can see from my signature, I had a car on order...it came in last night...but I had to walk...and now the deal is about to fall apart...

I haggled with the salesman for "X Plan level" pricing...and got it...but when I go last night to pick up the car...they ask me for a pin! I tell them, I don't have a pin..this was never an actual X-Plan deal...or we would not have been haggling....they want to sell me the car at the agreed upon price..but charge me a $500 doc fee...I am ready to walk over this and just order another car.

Question 1: Does anyone have a pin that I can use under the friends and family plan?.....I already tried giving them a pin generated using a code from the Blue Oval forums...but they wanted proof I was affiliated with that Ford-partner. They are only going to accept a valid pin from a ford employee or retiree...I can go onto blue oval and solicit for a pin...but that could take a while..time I probably don't have since they will probably sell the car the longer this takes.

Question 2: ISELLFORD...or another dealer willing to do it...will you sell me this car, under invoice...no doc fees...and have it come out as the $33,870 + 420 adv + 745 dest = $35,035 + tax + tags + title without the bs document fee...or is my best option to just take the deal?
Old 8/10/06, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by keeper
Hey guys...here is the deal....as you can see from my signature, I had a car on order...it came in last night...but I had to walk...and now the deal is about to fall apart...

I haggled with the salesman for "X Plan level" pricing...and got it...but when I go last night to pick up the car...they ask me for a pin! I tell them, I don't have a pin..this was never an actual X-Plan deal...or we would not have been haggling....they want to sell me the car at the agreed upon price..but charge me a $500 doc fee...I am ready to walk over this and just order another car.

Question 1: Does anyone have a pin that I can use under the friends and family plan?.....I already tried giving them a pin generated using a code from the Blue Oval forums...but they wanted proof I was affiliated with that Ford-partner. They are only going to accept a valid pin from a ford employee or retiree...I can go onto blue oval and solicit for a pin...but that could take a while..time I probably don't have since they will probably sell the car the longer this takes.

Question 2: ISELLFORD...or another dealer willing to do it...will you sell me this car, under invoice...no doc fees...and have it come out as the $33,870 + 420 adv + 745 dest = $35,035 + tax + tags + title without the bs document fee...or is my best option to just take the deal?
Can't help with question #2 but I would immediately go to BON and request an x-plan PIN. You may get it pretty fast if you explain your situation. I got mine in less than a couple of hours. If you can't get one fast enough, the x-plan price + $500 is still not a bad price.
-Chip in SC
Old 8/11/06, 08:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

....I already tried giving them a pin generated using a code from the Blue Oval forums...but they wanted proof I was affiliated with that Ford-partner.
They don't need no stinking proof. I would walk just because of their attitude..
Old 8/11/06, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Depends on how bad you want the car. Looking at your options I can almost guarantee you that you're not going to find that car anywhere on a lot (or one even close to it), so if you want it I agree with Chip, eat the 500 bucks. But I would make it clear to the dealer that if you're willing to eat the 500, you surely don't want to see any other "extras" creep into the paperwork. Also verify your price, 33,870 sounds way over invoice. Check it on KBB.com. Mine is optioned very similar to yours and the invoice price was 32,600.
Old 8/12/06, 07:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flashfearless
They don't need no stinking proof. I would walk just because of their attitude..
Actually Alan, if you get a PIN # because you work for Merck, for example, it says it on the X-Plan directions, that proof of employment is needed to go along with the paperwork. All that is needed is a copy of an I.D. badge, or a pay stub. Now that is if your PIN # if for a partner company.

If you get a PIN # from a Ford employee, this is called "Friends and Family", and this DOESN"T require proof. Keeper, just tell the dealership, that the PIN # is for Friends and Family, and there shouldn't be any issues. Sorry that your having a hard time with this.
Old 8/12/06, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Actually Alan, if you get a PIN # because you work for Merck, for example, it says it on the X-Plan directions, that proof of employment is needed to go along with the paperwork. All that is needed is a copy of an I.D. badge, or a pay stub. Now that is if your PIN # if for a partner company.
Sorry, I didn't know that. I guess I've only dealt with the friend and family thing....
Old 8/14/06, 12:19 PM
GT Member

Thanks Guys

Well..negative is....I just ate the $500...plus side....I am having a blast in my new car!!
Old 8/14/06, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Well..negative is....I just ate the $500...plus side....I am having a blast in my new car!!
Glad you got things worked out. Did the Friends & Neighbors X-plan work out for you? Now....post some pics!
-Chip in SC
Old 8/14/06, 03:43 PM
V6 Member

Congrats ... sounds great. Yours is almost the exact car I'm about to order.

Please post some pictures. I'm interested to see how the chamois interior looks, and the interior in combo with the black cloth top. Not to be greedy, but some pix top-up and some top-down would be much appreciated.
Old 8/15/06, 10:56 AM
GT Member

Pics this weekend...

I will try and get some pics this weekend...I have a dark to dark commute...

By the way..the chamois....looks exactly like the chamois you use to dry your car...same color and feel...it just has small holes all through it so your body can breath while you sit on it.
Old 8/15/06, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

If you get a PIN # from a Ford employee, this is called "Friends and Family", and this DOESN"T require proof. Keeper, just tell the dealership, that the PIN # is for Friends and Family, and there shouldn't be any issues. Sorry that your having a hard time with this.
I ordered under the Xplan friends and family plan, and the proof was that my friend (the ford employee) had to register the last 4 digits of my ss# in order to authorize me to use that pin # so isn't that proof?
Old 8/15/06, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Z Plan Verification

Originally Posted by 07ShelbyWanter
I ordered under the Xplan friends and family plan, and the proof was that my friend (the ford employee) had to register the last 4 digits of my ss# in order to authorize me to use that pin # so isn't that proof?
That's what happened to a friend of mine who got friends and family on her car. They asked for the last four of her social.

Also, I got word that my mother got contacted by Ford RE: my Z plan purchase to verify that I was of the correct relation...I heard that they are cutting it closer on what the definition of "family" is...
Old 8/15/06, 12:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flashfearless
That's what happened to a friend of mine who got friends and family on her car. They asked for the last four of her social.

Also, I got word that my mother got contacted by Ford RE: my Z plan purchase to verify that I was of the correct relation...I heard that they are cutting it closer on what the definition of "family" is...
Alan, Ford is REALLY keeping tabs on just how many X-plans are give out by factory workers, and especially on dealership employee purchases. The D-plan, which is for dealership employees and immediate relatives, is getting very strict by Ford. They are asking for marriage licenses for cars sold to employees spouse, and birth certificates and/or SS cards, to make sure the relation is correct, and not bogus. A while back, I read that some dealers were giving out D-Plan PIN's like they were water, and Ford sent them a shock, once they found out< PAY BACK THE MONEY! All the deals that weren't true D-Plan people (friends of employees, for example) were flagged, and the dealer had to pay the difference to bring it back to a regular retail purchase. That can add up to alot of $$$. Plus, if Ford really wanted to go mideval on the dealers in question, they can take their right to sell all A/X/Z and D-Plan deals away from them. That could hurt the most, especially if they are near a big factory, or headquarters, like Merck. I'm glad Ford is policing this more sternly. It needs to be done.
Old 8/25/06, 08:22 AM
GT Member

Bill...check out my pics post

Sorry for the delay...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=52218