2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Need help 2007 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/16, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help 2007 mustang

I have a friend on Facebook whose selling his 2007 v6 premium mustang it has a bunch of upgrades but the problem with it is it seem like it has a lot of miles idk what the life expentcy is on a mustang but it's a nice car and I've always like mustangs so I need your guys help if I should get it.

Last edited by Christian Bonet; 10/21/16 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10/21/16, 02:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,495 Likes on 1,019 Posts
Run it though some of the on-line use car value tools such as Edmunds, Consumer Reports, Blue Book, Black Book, True Car to get a realistic and objective estimate of value. Don't worry about added value for the mods because they really don't add much value.

Price seems a bit high to me, but I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 10/21/16, 02:21 PM

This is what I found for kbb
Old 10/21/16, 02:25 PM

Here's a pic of the engine I have
Old 10/26/16, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
White? White makes such a pretty car IMHO! Buddy I know has a 2006 with some same mods like the exhaust and such, auto, had double that mileage. You say it's a friend .... so I'm guessing you maybe know something of how it's been treated? That has some value.

It wouldn't cost anything to check with the transmission rebuilder to see if any warranty transfers? Local trans guru will do it here if it's been serviced .... he's so proud of his work.
Old 10/26/16, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I have a friend on Facebook whose selling his 2007 v6 premium mustang it has a bunch of upgrades but the problem with it is it seem like it has a lot of miles idk what the life expentcy is on a mustang but it's a nice car and I've always like mustangs so I need your guys help if I should get it.
I am NOT, repeat, NOT trying to disrespect anyone involved, nor anyone in a similar situation. Want this known right off.

THAT said... is it *really* not a good idea to buy a car from a friend. Unless it is completely and wholly and utterly understood by both parties that the car *is what it is* and as such contains no warranty expressed or implied, and that if a day, week, month or longer later, something happens? You don't hold your friend over the coals about it, you deal with it. And your friend feels no responsibility for it, EVEN IF he/she knew that it was going to happen soon or didn't tell you or whatever.

Sometimes friendships are strained enough to be over in these sorts of things.

I've dealt with this. Enough times to say it won't happen unless I'm seriously desperate. Heck, I won't even *give* the car away to anyone because it *completely (siphons with a large amount of negative pressure)* when it happens.

That's from the 'selling' side. From the 'buying side', well, I'm an oddity in that I accept my fate... I bought the thing, I will just deal with it.

Of course, people are people, and they're all different, but I just wanted to say that because my brain wouldn't not let me.

I have no actual advice on the car itself, just the situation. I wish you all the luck, OP, and it looks pretty nifty, but modded cars are... interesting sometimes, let's say.
Old 10/27/16, 07:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think you better redo you KBB using mileage and buying from private seller. The price is a fair bit lower.