2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My trip to the Ford Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/06, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My trip to the Ford Dealership

My Ford Windstar needed NC inspection. Since its the same price at the Ford dealership, as at the greasy mechanic down the road, I went to a dealership and checked out the sales lot while I waited.

Two Ford Gts in the service check-in area. One baby blue and one white with blue stripes. The blue one has a sold sign on it, the other one was for sale for 200k, as I found out later.

One White with blue stripes Shelby GT500 in the service check-in area. It had do not touch signs printed on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper in four places on the car. I later found out that it was bought from another dealership and sold to one of their regular customers. They paid 19k over and sold it for 20k over. I asked why? They said they have sold over 20 Shelbys and they have a list of 23 more names, he said they started with 53 names on a list. They try to secure Shelbys at 15-19k over and resell them for 20k over to his list of customers. The saleman said they offer $1k to anyone, if they can get a Shelby to resell for anything less than 15k over since they had people waiting. He also mentioned that not one over the 20 people that they sold the Shelby's too were going to drive them. He made mention that investors are buying them up, because once Carroll Shelby dies then the cars are going to skyrocket in price.

Other Mustangs on the lot, they are a Roush, Saleen, Steeda and Foose dealer. They had all of the above in Mustangs, several in G.O., black, silver, etc. The Foose was serialized 0001. They had a Mustang with the Glassback also. It looked sharp, the back gap had a third break light on it.

While I was there, a Yellow mustang pulled into service with scratches that the service department caused during a search for some dash noise related issues. The driver had a heavily modified Mustang. The car started off as a 06 Yellow GT with only IUP as an option. He paid like 23k for it and add 23k worth of mods. His car has a Saleen supercharger, 4.10 gears, Steeda goodies everywhere including suspension, intake, shifter, etc. He had a dyno sheet with over 550 hp. Real nice guy that likes to show off his project car. He advised to do the same instead of waiting for the ADMs for the shelby to come down. Did I mention that his car is less than 3500 lbs, some 500 lbs less than the Shelby?

I had an enjoyable experience, I will order one soon, my choices are near set.
Old 11/6/06, 04:39 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice write up, have fun waiting for your mustang............because I know I didn't
Old 11/7/06, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Reverend
... He also mentioned that not one over the 20 people that they sold the Shelby's too were going to drive them. He made mention that investors are buying them up, because once Carroll Shelby dies then the cars are going to skyrocket in price.
I am curious to see what happens in a few years. The original Shelby Mustangs were worked on by the Shelby organization, these GT500s are not. They are a product of the SVT organization and only have C.S.s blessing to put his name on them. The V6 CS, Shelby GT, and Hertz GT500 are the only Mustangs that the Shelby organization acutally get their hands on. if people refuse to pay the ADM, it will come down or go away completely. You saw ADMs on both the 05 GT Mustangs and the original Explorers when they first came out and now both have discounts.

Back in the mid '80s Shelby put his name on a little Chrysler product, I believe it was the Charger, which I also believe was from one of their Japanese partners. I wonder what they are going for now? Anyone out there have any $100 Beanie Babies?

From the rocket ranch

BB

Semper Fi
Old 11/7/06, 11:26 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Centurion96
Back in the mid '80s Shelby put his name on a little Chrysler product, I believe it was the Charger, which I also believe was from one of their Japanese partners. I wonder what they are going for now? Anyone out there have any $100 Beanie Babies?
I had one of those '83 Shelby Chargers. I bought it used for a commuter car. What a piece of $%@#%!!!!
Old 11/8/06, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Hold on...I had an 89' Shelby CSX-VNT (with Shelby...not Dodge title and VIN)...whole 'other' shelby. 247 hp variable vane turbo...had fiberglass mags (could pick it up with a tire mounted on it with one hand). Car would run like a "scalded dog". Had vented 4 wheel disks and every handling trick you could think of....one of the most fun cars I ever had. Paid $8900 for it and last time I looked you would have to fork over @$5000 for an unabused one. If you ever find one of these OR it's even rarer brother The SHELBY CSX Truck (V8 this time)....pick one up if you can...

my. .02 worth....

Jay
Lime05owner