2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Pony broke her ribs...

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/05, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my way home last night, I was coming up over a hill and all of a sudden there was a white Honda straddling the yellow lines. I thought we were about to have a head on collision, so I hit my brakes and jurked the wheel to the left. I couldn't avoid the accident as the other driver was that far over in my lane, but I did lessen the severity of it. The other car hit a glancing blow on the left front and proceeded down the side of my car untill just behind my door. The speed limit on the road was only 35, and I was most likely only going 15-20 mph by the time we colided, which is fortunate. No one was injured (except Sally of course, and that 95 Honda Accord that run her over.) The damage all apears to be cosmetic. At first I was worried that something was the matter because my car wouldn't start and I had to get the police to push me out of the road. When my dad showed up though, he brought me back to my senses and reminded me of the fuel pump shut-off feature for when your car is jolted. hit the reset button and it fired right up. I drove it home, and it drives fine. Doesn't appear to be any suspension damage. Will most lkely only need to replace the front fender, door, rear fender, side rocker pannel, and 3 out of 4 rims. 2 are scuffed pretty bad and 1 is cracked. I'll be finding out Monday about getting her fixed.
[attachmentid=24878] [attachmentid=24879] [attachmentid=24880] [attachmentid=24881] [attachmentid=24882] [attachmentid=24883]
Old 6/18/05, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank God you're ok, I hope you get a great pony doctor. Please post photos of repairs.
Old 6/18/05, 08:38 AM
Bullitt Member

sorry to hear about your accident. What happened to the Honda driver?
Old 6/18/05, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Glad to hear you avoided a potentially fatal head-on collision. Good driving.

Why was this Honda driver on the other side of the road?? Did the other driver admit fault? Flee the scene? If it was some punk with a fart cannon on the back of his car, I hope you shoved that cannon up his you-know-what.
Old 6/18/05, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

GGood thing your ok. Nice to hear that a pony survived. I hope the other driver got some paper from the police. Lots of nutbars on the road.
Old 6/18/05, 09:49 AM
Cobra Member

Really sorry to see that! Did the other driver have insurance?

==I thought we were about to have a head on collision, so I hit my brakes and jurked the wheel to the left.==

Do you mean to the "right"? Only reason I ask is I'm trying to picture what happened, and if your damage is on the left side you must have jerked the wheel right to avoid the other car.
Old 6/18/05, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Tres Wright@June 18, 2005, 9:52 AM

==I thought we were about to have a head on collision, so I hit my brakes and jurked the wheel to the left.==

Do you mean to the "right"? Only reason I ask is I'm trying to picture what happened, and if your damage is on the left side you must have jerked the wheel right to avoid the other car.
I read that the same way.
Old 6/18/05, 09:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate to see ponies that need to go to the glue factory. Glad that you are OK!
Old 6/18/05, 10:08 AM
GT Member

The most important thing is that you're okay. Of course, it's a bonus if the police clearly stated that the Honda was on the wrong side of the road.

(Edited to remove original post.)
Old 6/18/05, 10:08 AM
FR500 Member

Ouch! That hurts just to look at. Glad you're O.K. and I am sure they can put the pony in good as new condition. Hope the Honda drive pays for it!
Old 6/18/05, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

that stinks sorry to hear about any damaged ponies. At least you were able to make it less severe and everybody was alright. They should be able to make your stang good again. I'd also like to know what he was doing in the middle of the road and what happens to him now.
Old 6/18/05, 11:17 AM
FR500 Member

omg!!!!!!!! i am so sorry man....i hope shes back to new pretty soon
Old 6/18/05, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

OUCH!!!! :angry:
Just glad you're alright. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 6/18/05, 12:53 PM
Cobra Member

glad to hear you are ok ..... by your post you look to be really calm.... i dont know if i could do the same.....
Old 6/18/05, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

Glad you're okay and that the damage wasn't worse than it is. The silver lining is that with the paint being so new, the body guys shouldn't have too much trouble blending it with the rest of your car. Hope your Legend Lime pony gets mended soon!
Old 6/18/05, 01:45 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Good driving your part... you made a potentially fatal accident a relatively minor incident.

The damage to the car is pretty extensive IMO. Make sure that your car is taken to a high-quality bodyshop and INSIST that they use genuine Ford sheetmetal. Press your insurance adjuster that you get a decent quote and that high-quality materials are used.

The difference between genuine and aftermarket metal is astounding. The fit and finish of factory panels is much better. Keep an eye out, some body shops do slimy things like order the Ford panels to show you they did, then return them and put the cheap ones on.

Make sure your bodyshop uses a high-quality paint, like a Sikkens or PPG. Also, make sure they have a high-quality downdraft paintbooth. These details ensure a quality long-lasting result.
Old 6/18/05, 01:45 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Good driving your part... you made a potentially fatal accident a relatively minor incident.

The damage to the car is pretty extensive IMO. Make sure that your car is taken to a high-quality bodyshop and INSIST that they use genuine Ford sheetmetal. Press your insurance adjuster that you get a decent quote and that high-quality materials are used.

The difference between genuine and aftermarket metal is astounding. The fit and finish of factory panels is much better. Keep an eye out, some body shops do slimy things like order the Ford panels to show you they did, then return them and put the cheap ones on.

Make sure your bodyshop uses a high-quality paint, like a Sikkens or PPG. Also, make sure they have a high-quality downdraft paintbooth. These details ensure a quality long-lasting result.
Old 6/18/05, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Tres Wright@June 18, 2005, 9:52 AM

Yes, I meant to the right. It was a typo on my part. The other driver was a 20 something female, and yes, she did have insurance. I never really talked to her to be able to hear why she was on my side of the road. The skid marks from my car and her car almost meet about halfway in my lane, which is clearly the point of impact. The cop said it was her fault and charged he with failing to remain in her lane. I'm gonna make sure they get my car fixed right. My dad knows of a very good body shop in town, so everything should be good. Thanks for all the sympathy everyone. It helps.
Old 6/18/05, 05:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yup so glad to hear that all people are ok , the cars are materiel that can be fixed or replaced ! We don't have that luxurey .
Old 6/18/05, 07:57 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car John she looks pretty bad but at least no one was hurt and it could have been a lot worse .

Hunt around and find a good pony doctor with factory ford parts it will make all the differance in the world when repairing a car ....good luck and get some picks after shes fixed if you can.

Quick Reply: My Pony broke her ribs...