2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My New Mustang CAUSED AN ACCIDENT.

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/04, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel you on this subject Kellarina, just almost had an accident caused by my car not too long ago today. I was driving north bound on I-295 in Camden County driving to work from school. As I'm driving, I'm in the middle of the 3 lane highway. As I pass an on-ramp to the highway, a speeding red VW Jetta with a bunch of high school kids in it flew onto the highway, as they came onto the highway they then noticed that right next to them was a bright blue 05 Mustang. All four of them were staring and drooling at me over the car and without notice the traffic in front of us stopped suddenly and as I looked out my side view mirror, the jetta screeched its tires and spun off to the shoulder almost rear-ending the car in front of them. I assumed they were ok when I saw them pull back onto the highway in my rear view mirror and took the next exit off the highway. It was a pretty close call with that rear ending, and I wold have felt very bad if they hit that old lady in the car in front of them, but hey, its their fault that none of them were paying attention, especially the driver! Like I said, it was a bunch of high school kids, I could tell cause it had a Highland High School Parking Permit in the window, and the guy must of just got his license or somethin.......but hey.... accidents happen.....
Old 11/11/04, 04:27 PM
dke
Bullitt Member

A lot off topic, but the one accident I caused (or almost) was on the 91 freeway (in So Cal, headed out to Riverside -- 20 years ago). I was minding my own business, and some idiot was doing 55 in the fast lane. (What makes them do that?). (This was before the express lane was in).

I went around the guy, and gave him lots of room. (Probably 5+ car lengths) before I cut back in, and was doing like 65-70. The guy took offense, whips around me, honks his horn, then slows down to 55 again. (What's up with that?).

So I faded back, waited for a truck (to block his view), and then went wide with the truck between us -- but went past him (and blazed off in the distance to get past this loon). And I went like 80+ for a while to get some distance between me and the wacko.

About 10 minutes later, I'd slowed down -- and saw the loon coming up fast. I'd had enough. I rolled down the passenger window and as he pulled up screaming and yelling at me, I picked up the paintball gun (I was going to play paint-ball wars), and I shot him. It hit the passenger window (right at his head), with a red splat! His window was up, so it wasn't like it hurt him -- but the moron freaked out and made a right hand turn across like 4+ lanes of traffic (at 60+). Cars were squeeling and brakes and swerving. Pandamonium. The guy lost control at the end, and 180d and ended up facing traffic in the emergency lane -- but miraculously no one slammed into him or anyone else. Still it was a horrendously scary thing. (I didn't want to hurt anyone, and that idiot might have gotten someone killed).

In hindsight, it was stupid of me. When I dealt with loons in SoCal after that, I tended to give them room -- or just get off the freeway and go get a snack/take-a-break and let them go somewhere else. It just isn't worth it to deal with those types. But I got my life lesson in that mistake -- and never used a paint-gun on the roads after that.
Old 11/11/04, 08:17 PM
GT Member

Just to make it clear. I didn't buy my Mustang to get attention. I can get that without the car. Been a fan for over 20 years. Friends of ours had a 65 & fell in love with it before I was old enough to drive. I knew that one day I would have to have one & now I have 3. I just thought it was cool that people were actually showing respect for the car. I like to see other people enjoy Mustangs as much as I do. I don't care for the attention, it's knowing that others appreciate the Mustang as much as I do. I think its pretty cool all the stories everyone has about the new 05's. Keep having fun!!!!
Old 11/11/04, 08:44 PM
Cobra R Member

The '05 grew on me the more I saw of it. And at 6'2" it fits like a glove, with enough leg room that I could make a 10-12 hour drive if I wanted to without any leg cramps to worry about. This car hits a homerun for Ford in 2005...'The Year Of The Car'. Trucks & SUV's can take a back seat for a change.... B)
Old 11/12/04, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dke@November 11, 2004, 5:30 PM
I went around the guy, and gave him lots of room. (Probably 5+ car lengths) before I cut back in, and was doing like 65-70. The guy took offense, whips around me, honks his horn, then slows down to 55 again. (What's up with that?).

So I faded back, waited for a truck (to block his view), and then went wide with the truck between us -- but went past him (and blazed off in the distance to get past this loon). And I went like 80+ for a while to get some distance between me and the wacko.

About 10 minutes later, I'd slowed down -- and saw the loon coming up fast. I'd had enough. I rolled down the passenger window and as he pulled up screaming and yelling at me, I picked up the paintball gun (I was going to play paint-ball wars), and I shot him. It hit the passenger window (right at his head), with a red splat! His window was up, so it wasn't like it hurt him -- but the moron freaked out and made a right hand turn across like 4+ lanes of traffic (at 60+). Cars were squeeling and brakes and swerving. Pandamonium. The guy lost control at the end, and 180d and ended up facing traffic in the emergency lane -- but miraculously no one slammed into him or anyone else. Still it was a horrendously scary thing. (I didn't want to hurt anyone, and that idiot might have gotten someone killed).

In hindsight, it was stupid of me. When I dealt with loons in SoCal after that, I tended to give them room -- or just get off the freeway and go get a snack/take-a-break and let them go somewhere else. It just isn't worth it to deal with those types. But I got my life lesson in that mistake -- and never used a paint-gun on the roads after that.
Some people have their "personal space" radar set too high and too sensitive. Everyone extends their personal space when they get in their cars. This guy would have done what he did to someone else eventually. Too bad they don't test for it.