2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My New Mustang CAUSED AN ACCIDENT.

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/04, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing is the guy got out of the car after the fender bender to talk to the person he hit and look at the damage and as I turned left, he took another look at the Mustang.
Old 11/10/04, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kellarina+November 10, 2004, 10:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kellarina @ November 10, 2004, 10:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Super Sonic Blue Mustang@November 10, 2004, 6:24 AM
Hey Kelly where exactly were you at when this occured? I live in Akron and work in Stow. Hey maybe the driver was looking at you as well

Hey I will take a Mustang over a Ferarri any day and laugh all the way to the bank with all the money I saved. The Mustang has a bigger following then the Ferarri anyway.

I hope that person in the explorer doesn't buy a mustang and run into a pole because he was staring at the beautiful interior instead of looking at the road
I was at the Giant Eagle in Stow, coming out of the plaza onto 59.

It's cool how you live close to me also, just like DKE. [/b][/quote]
Wow I work at Davey Resource group in back of the Acme grocery store next to Quiznos. Hey I don't know if you work in Stow but if you do or whatever go to lunch at Quiznos so i can turn my head and look out of the window and see your car.

What a small world we live in. That 05 is awesome.
Old 11/10/04, 10:28 AM
GT Member

I am kind of ashamed to admit (esp here) that I kind of went from Mopar to Z-28 / Corvette type cars. Ford lost my attention totally with the II - where as the ones before I always kind of liked. Was it 94 with the body change? - anywhy right there the got it back. Then in 99 (I think) with the next change - I found myself liking the prev body better - but that thought faded.

For the last two years I have done hours and hours of people/car watching. I park my bike at a very busy intersection and just watch for hours. For the last several years the F bodies have faded in my mind (now really faded). What I am getting at is - Mustangs have been my focus of car watching.

I have seen a zillion Mustangs and both prev styles STILL look fantastic. Even now that I have 05 stangs on the brain both prev styles really do look good - very good if the owner "has the mojo" with his/her car.

A good looking Mustang is a good looking Mustang - no matter what year it is.
Old 11/10/04, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Ron9@November 10, 2004, 11:31 AM
I am kind of ashamed to admit (esp here) that I kind of went from Mopar to Z-28 / Corvette type cars. Ford lost my attention totally with the II - where as the ones before I always kind of liked. Was it 94 with the body change? - anywhy right there the got it back. Then in 99 (I think) with the next change - I found myself liking the prev body better - but that thought faded.

For the last two years I have done hours and hours of people/car watching. I park my bike at a very busy intersection and just watch for hours. For the last several years the F bodies have faded in my mind (now really faded). What I am getting at is - Mustangs have been my focus of car watching.

I have seen a zillion Mustangs and both prev styles STILL look fantastic. Even now that I have 05 stangs on the brain both prev styles really do look good - very good if the owner "has the mojo" with his/her car.

A good looking Mustang is a good looking Mustang - no matter what year it is.
CAN I GET A AMEN!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN
Old 11/10/04, 10:44 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by Kellarina@November 10, 2004, 11:45 AM
The thing is the guy got out of the car after the fender bender to talk to the person he hit and look at the damage and as I turned left, he took another look at the Mustang.
That is funny. Now, you really would have thought he would have learned his lesson.
Old 11/10/04, 11:55 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by silverbull271@November 10, 2004, 7:34 AM
If having some heads turned is what you people are into......why dont you just buy one of those CLOWN cars!
Im pretty sure people will look at you!

Other than that....in about 6-8 months EVERYWHERE you trun you will see a 05 MUSTANG!

There will be only like 40,000 of them !
LOL

So in 6-8 months you guys should really think about buying the CLOWN car!
Ok first off a clown car is not quite the head turning I think anyone is trully looking for. One wants to be admired and envied for the car they own, not laughed at (with the exception of ricers obviously).

Secondly even when these things flood the streets people will still enjoy them and check them out, Mustangs are not a novelty that is why they have been around since 64, sh!t it has even outlived the Camero, America (and the rest of this world) loves the Mustang, it is Americana. Also people never get tired of looking at a nice car no matter how many times they see it. People still check out already existing stangs on the road all the time (I know I do) and my 98 gets a lot of turned heads and compliments to this day and I have no exterior mods done to it with the exception of blacked out headlights on a black car. I live in an area where Ferarri's, Bentley's, SL500's, and many other exotics are common place and they always get looks even though I probably see one of each every day, it just never gets old, and my stang still grabs attention when in company of this group.

So you can go ahead and keep your clown car and continue to get laughs accompanying those stares, if that is what you like, the rest of us will just continue enjoying our own cars for our own reasons and therefore take pride in owning one of America's legacies.
Old 11/10/04, 12:44 PM
GT Member

latest looker: 2005 Rolls Royce Phantom

Was speeding to work on the 10 this morning when i passed him. He punched it to catch up with me, flinging that thing between lanes. When I slowed to exit he pulled up next to me, checked out the stang and gave a big grin and a thumbs up.

yes, it isn't a ferrari, but there will ALWAYS be something special about a mustang. Young or Old, Male or Female, driving beaters or exotics, I've had admirers from every category in the last 5 days. Monday night, one of the onlookers at the resturant happened to be an owner of one of the 9 original GT40's that are privately owned. He wants to sell it to my dealer (they have a museum on the property) and buy an 05.

stop the flaming and allow those of us fortunate to have taken delivery to enjoy our moment of attention before the market is flooded.
Old 11/10/04, 01:16 PM
FR500 Member

HAHAHA
Old 11/10/04, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Kellarina+November 10, 2004, 10:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kellarina @ November 10, 2004, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silverbull271@November 10, 2004, 7:34 AM
If having some heads turned is what you people are into......why dont you just buy one of those CLOWN cars!
Im pretty sure people will look at you!

Other than that....in about 6-8 months EVERYWHERE you trun you will see a 05 MUSTANG!

There will be only like 40,000 of them !
LOL

So in 6-8 months you guys should really think about buying the CLOWN car!
Honey, I don't know if you are trying to offend me but it's not working. It's like a dry joke that one one gets. Why are you even on here but to cause trouble? *leans in and whipsers* ...you have a Mustang too. [/b][/quote]
No way am i trying to offend you
I actually have an 05 GT Black Red leather shaker 1000
what gets me mad is that people just buy a car so other people an look at them and think they are hot poo!

DRIVE your car and dont worry about eveyone else....Be safe!

As for my Mach....The Mach has more power!
But i love my 05!

Took both cars to the track here in oldbridge NJ.....

Mach...13.2
05 GT 14.0

Both cars BONE stock with under 1K miles

Like i said before....if you want people to turn heads....either drive around NAKED
or buy opne of those CLOWN cars!

Dont buy a 05 GT to turn heads.............
Buy it to drive it
Old 11/10/04, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I never bought an 05 to turn heads. I bought it because I have a passion for Mustangs, I have always loved them. Almost bought a Red 94' GT a few years back, but then someone bought it before I got to it (I was the second person to call and make an offer). I've been saving for god knows how long, and I can finally say I own one. Like I said I almost got a 2004 Torch Mach 1. I didn't like the 05's at first till I saw it at the auto show then I fell in love after seeing it in person. I bought it to drive it, it's my daily driver. I just think it's crazy all the attention it gets. I just don't understand why your flaming when you have one yourself...? *shakes head* oh well...
Old 11/10/04, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Kelly might just be THAT hot to stop traffic
Old 11/10/04, 06:02 PM
GT Member

I don't think anyone is buying them to turn heads. The rubbernecking is just a side effect and kind of fun.

My bike is 10 years old and I love it when people go bonkers over it. Because it is so different than than they usually see - it attracts attention. I did not work my fanny off making it like it is to get the attention - I did that for my eyes. The attention is just a nice side effect.
Old 11/10/04, 06:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See im the type that ABSOLUTELY hates ******* attention!
I dont like people eyeing my poo!
Old 11/10/04, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

I agree. I'll be glad when the attention dies down. I'd be afraid to leave it unattended as much attention as it attracts. Someone might decide they want to forcefully take it.
Old 11/10/04, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

KNOCK EM DEAD KELLY! :drive:
Old 11/10/04, 06:34 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How does everyone know how hot she is??? Is there a pic? On second though, any girl in a hot car will get my head turning.

About the novelty... The Corvette has been turning heads for decades, no matter how many of them you've seen.

I'll still take the '05 Mustang though!
Old 11/10/04, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Great story, I actually know a guy who is guilty of staring at the girl in the car next to him, rather than the car in front of him :crash:

Anyways...I got an interesting 05 stare story, too...

I took one out for a test drive, and as I'm getting into the driver's seat a group of motorcyclists pass by (Harleys ) and as I pull out of the dealer lot, they're all sitting on both sides of the road to get a look as I pass by...
Even though it was an auto, I still gave the engine a bit of a kick so they could enjoy the growl
Old 11/10/04, 09:23 PM
GT Member

I drove my 05 to the grocery store the day I got it & I can't believe how crazy it was just trying to go to town. People were actually hanging out of their car windows showing 2 thumbs up. One guy was taking pictures with his camera phone. Had people at Papa Johns come out to look at it before I ever got it parked.
The funniest thing so far was when we walked out of a store to find a cop parked next to it. He commented on how nice it was. We pull up to a stop light & he was next to us. He rolled down his window & said he was a Mustang fan. He said "perfect opportunity", he wanted my husband to smoke the tires....so if cource he did. That was pretty funny having a cop tell us to floor it!!!! I had another guy almost run a red light looking at me in his mirror. My kids think I'm having way to much fun with my new car.
Old 11/10/04, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

Cool

Originally posted by 68stanggirl@November 10, 2004, 10:26 PM
The funniest thing so far was when we walked out of a store to find a cop parked next to it. He commented on how nice it was. We pull up to a stop light & he was next to us. He rolled down his window & said he was a Mustang fan. He said "perfect opportunity", he wanted my husband to smoke the tires....so if cource he did. That was pretty funny having a cop tell us to floor it!!!!
:cop:
Old 11/11/04, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 68stanggirl@November 10, 2004, 10:26 PM
The funniest thing so far was when we walked out of a store to find a cop parked next to it. He commented on how nice it was. We pull up to a stop light & he was next to us. He rolled down his window & said he was a Mustang fan. He said "perfect opportunity", he wanted my husband to smoke the tires....so if cource he did. That was pretty funny having a cop tell us to floor it!!!!
Now that right there is just awesome!!!

Quick Reply: My New Mustang CAUSED AN ACCIDENT.