2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My New Mustang CAUSED AN ACCIDENT.

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/04, 11:40 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by silverbull271+November 9, 2004, 8:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silverbull271 @ November 9, 2004, 8:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kellarina@November 9, 2004, 8:09 PM
Yeah, I'm sadly not lying. I was going grocery shopping and as I was leaving the store this new Ford Explorer starts following me. So I gun it to get, yet another drooling person away from me. He follows me as I'm stuck at a light to turn left. He's in the right lane and everyone in his car is hanging on the windows with their tongues out. This guy is attempting to make a right turn on red. Which is fine, but it was while he was still looking two cars back at me on this left. He goes to make the turn and slams into the person infront of him. It always helps to look and see if the person infront of you has cleared the corner, or at least that's the way I was taught. *sarcasim*

Then about four teenage guys start walking over to my car while I was in work. I spotted them and as soon as they surrounded my car, I clicked the alarm button and made them jump and walk off. I thought that was pretty funny, I needed to find out what my alarm sounded like anyway.

Me and my friend Holly were @ a stoplight. I was in front of her and she was behind me in her car and these three guys drive up beside her in a truck. She looked over and they were pointing and had their jaws dropped. She roled down her window and said, "You can look all you want but she's not going to let you drive it." And they had this confused look on thier face. And then she went on, "Keep staring but she won't let you drive it." She told me that it was the funniest thing. They didn't know what was going on, or if she even knew me.
You do realize that your not driving a FERARRI [/b][/quote]
I know I personally would do a double take at any nice muscle or pony car long before a Ferarri, and I am sure there are a lot of people out there that feel the same way, especially since the new stang so far is still not common place and it is one heck of a car, not to mention a chick driving a hot car, now thats in of itself is hot. I know around here where I live, Ferarris and other Exotics are common place and a true classic does not go unnotticed.
Old 11/10/04, 02:58 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

Kellarina, you're such a young hotty, are you sure they weren't all staring and gaping at you?!?! ;-)
Old 11/10/04, 05:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Kelly where exactly were you at when this occured? I live in Akron and work in Stow. Hey maybe the driver was looking at you as well

Hey I will take a Mustang over a Ferarri any day and laugh all the way to the bank with all the money I saved. The Mustang has a bigger following then the Ferarri anyway.

I hope that person in the explorer doesn't buy a mustang and run into a pole because he was staring at the beautiful interior instead of looking at the road
Old 11/10/04, 06:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If having some heads turned is what you people are into......why dont you just buy one of those CLOWN cars!
Im pretty sure people will look at you!

Other than that....in about 6-8 months EVERYWHERE you trun you will see a 05 MUSTANG!

There will be only like 40,000 of them !
LOL

So in 6-8 months you guys should really think about buying the CLOWN car!
Old 11/10/04, 06:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by silverbull271@November 9, 2004, 8:24 PM
You do realize that your not driving a FERARRI
Sounds like you think this mustang is just a mustang......Most people would disagree with you on that one. I'd say at least for a year the new mustang will turn heads like a FERARRI, if not more!
Old 11/10/04, 06:39 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by silverbull271@November 10, 2004, 7:34 AM
If having some heads turned is what you people are into......why dont you just buy one of those CLOWN cars!

Other than that....in about 6-8 months EVERYWHERE you trun you will see a 05 MUSTANG!

LOL

Do you even like the mustang?
Old 11/10/04, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

LOL

I drive a clown car and no one turns their head at my car (02 Focus ZX3) it looks like Krusty the clown and all his clown buddies should step out of it.
Hey man are you jealous to see that the 05 Mustang is getting more attention then your Mach 1 hmmm

I still turn my head for any Mustang that looks cool and right now the 05 is the coolest and latest one out there so let it go.

You should have hold off and got a 05 Gt because I drove my brother's 03 Mach and my Dad's 05 and I love them both but for a all around car the 05 beats it out with the interior, the ride and the power is the same if not more and the price is less so I am not surprised that you are mad right now but the Mach 1 is rare and that is a big thing going for you when it comes to collectability. This is why you buy a Mach 1. Comparing the 03, 04 Mach and 05 Gt is like comparing fruits and vegetables they are in 2 different leagues.
Old 11/10/04, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

My '05 GT is getting more attention than any Ferrari in L.A. right now. In fact, you see more Ferraris in L.A. than you do '05 Mustangs in L.A. at this point. Sure the attention will die down once more units are on the road, but right now, why not soak up all the attention the car is getting.

Having heads turn isn't why I bought an '05. I bought it because it is an exponentially better car than any previous Mustang I've had. And I think I'll keep my '05 Mustang over one of those "CLOWN" cars.
Old 11/10/04, 08:17 AM
I'm people, and I like.

funny stuff
Old 11/10/04, 08:43 AM

Comparing the 03, 04 Mach and 05 Gt is like comparing apples and oranges they are in 2 different leagues.
They are both fruit!!!
Old 11/10/04, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dke@November 10, 2004, 4:01 AM
Kellarina, you're such a young hotty, are you sure they weren't all staring and gaping at you?!?! ;-)
lol that's what I was thinking. B)
Old 11/10/04, 09:02 AM
GT Member

The thing I find to be really funny is the attention it's brought all the previous mustangs as well. Whenever I'm talking to someone and they ask what car I driver and I reply "a 2000 Mustang" the first words out of their mouths are "oh yeah? have you seen the new ones yet?!?!?". I was getting gas the other day and the guy at the pump next to me started asking me questions about my car and immediately switched to the new mustangs. The 2005 really seems to be a hit. We'll see what happens once the novelty wears off though.....
Old 11/10/04, 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang+November 10, 2004, 8:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Super Sonic Blue Mustang @ November 10, 2004, 8:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silverbull271@November 10, 2004, 7:34 AM

LOL

I drive a clown car and no one turns their head at my car (02 Focus ZX3) it looks like Krusty the clown and all his clown buddies should step out of it.
Hey man are you jealous to see that the 05 Mustang is getting more attention then your Mach 1 hmmm

I still turn my head for any Mustang that looks cool and right now the 05 is the coolest and latest one out there so let it go.

You should have hold off and got a 05 Gt because I drove my brother's 03 Mach and my Dad's 05 and I love them both but for a all around car the 05 beats it out with the interior, the ride and the power is the same if not more and the price is less so I am not surprised that you are mad right now but the Mach 1 is rare and that is a big thing going for you when it comes to collectability. This is why you buy a Mach 1. Comparing the 03, 04 Mach and 05 Gt is like comparing apples and oranges they are in 2 different leagues. [/b][/quote]
I think you'll see a lot of that coming. A lot of 99-04 owners will be jealous of the attention this car gets. Let's face it. It's not just a whole new platform with a load of improvements, it's a totally new design that brings this american icon back to it's roots. That's why everyone is so stuck on it and that's why I'm stuck on it. If it was just a more aerodynamic car based off the 04 it wouldn't be getting this much attention because it would look like everything else on the road.

Jason
Old 11/10/04, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

wife has claimed our 65 vert as hers and i'm claiming the 05 as mine maybe we'll put the 2 of them at a redlight and let the ponies fly will be a head turner
Old 11/10/04, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

LOL

Honey, I don't know if you are trying to offend me but it's not working. It's like a dry joke that one one gets. Why are you even on here but to cause trouble? *leans in and whipsers* ...you have a Mustang too.
Old 11/10/04, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by silverbull271@November 10, 2004, 5:34 AM

LOL

Hey-

Did you know that very few people know that your Mach1 is anything other than a plain-jane Mustang? Same goes for Cobras.

YOU take the pride in knowing it's got great power, excellent acceleration. But the only heads you turn are those that follow American Muscle performance cars (people with Mustangs, or those who race against them).

So, in 6 months, 2005 owners will still have a body style that has shipped only about 100K units, and you'll have a body style that you see everywhere you go.

You have a GREAT car that is a real sleeper to all except those that follow performance cars. We have an entry level GT that turns heads left and right, and when that is over, we'll still be about as fast as your car on the strip, with much better road race (or just plain street driving) capabilities.

Why attack 2005 owners?
Old 11/10/04, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dke@November 10, 2004, 4:01 AM
I'm pretty sure they weren't. Haha.

But I know when I was coming home from my lunch break this guy walking down the street turned around an nearly had a heartattack. It's getting old, but it's still funny. Just as long as nothing happens to her.
Old 11/10/04, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

LOL he's still upset that his '04 Mach 1 has never had attention like the '05 is getting.
Old 11/10/04, 09:36 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
please stop the flaming, it is ruining an otherwise entertaining thread

Have a nice day :cop:
Old 11/10/04, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@November 10, 2004, 6:24 AM
Hey Kelly where exactly were you at when this occured? I live in Akron and work in Stow. Hey maybe the driver was looking at you as well

Hey I will take a Mustang over a Ferarri any day and laugh all the way to the bank with all the money I saved. The Mustang has a bigger following then the Ferarri anyway.

I hope that person in the explorer doesn't buy a mustang and run into a pole because he was staring at the beautiful interior instead of looking at the road
I was at the Giant Eagle in Stow, coming out of the plaza onto 59.

It's cool how you live close to me also, just like DKE.

Quick Reply: My New Mustang CAUSED AN ACCIDENT.