2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Experience and Pictures from Nashville, 40th AV

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/04, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First i'll post a few notes from some things i picked up from the show, specifically from a guy named Bob Willie. Real nice Ford Rep, who dealt mainly with the 05 Mustang, rear half of the car. He pointed out these things:
1. You will program the dash color from a menu, and there will be no dial
2. The new stereo system, has a built in chamber to the door, to increase sound quality. You should have heard it, night and day difference at full power between the Mach 460 and the new system. Awesome.
3. When you open door, the window will drop a tad, then when you close it, it will raise into a seal, to decrease noise at higher speeds.
4.15% more truck space, and i can remember but i think he said 12-13 feet between the trunk and the shifter, and it all lines up equally in the center
5.The Reps, are really pushing hard to get "MUSTANG" on the dash running plate in the door, as of now, its not available, same with the Stripes option.

Thats all i have for now that i can remember. The show was a blast. So many people cam up to me and said that they have seen my Project Eleanor on the internet and were really impressed. I also met Brad who introduced himself and his dad. Course i told him what a cool site he has I also met the Senior Editor of Mustang Enthusiast magazine. He gave me his email and told me to mail him pictures when i complete my project.(first of many magaize's???). Also met a guy, who has a way to get my car officialy licenensed my Carroll Shelby. It was also nice walking away with an award, atlhough Brad will agree what a bass ackwards way that they did it. Well im going to post a few pictures, along with the story behind them. I wont bother sending all the ones most people have, but rather a few unique ones.

First Picture: Smallest Drivebable Mustang at the show!!!
Old 4/21/04, 03:03 PM
GT Member

Boss, right before it burst into flames. Yes it really did Half the car was in flames.
Old 4/21/04, 03:06 PM
GT Member

Boss, after most of the flames had been put out!!! See it there with the water all around it.
Old 4/21/04, 03:11 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a good day. Beautiful weather it looks like. I would love to have gone if I lived a bit closer.
Old 4/21/04, 03:11 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Good to meet you Trent! That's crazy about the Boss! I just called SVT, and they said it really did little damage and would be salvagable.
Old 4/21/04, 03:13 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Anyone seen a car yet with frameless doors that 'seal'.

I know the new C6 vette does it, but I have yet to see it in real life.

How does it work?
Like when you open the door it quickly drops an inch? like what happens if you open the door quickly?
Or does it only do this when the door is locked?

On to the door kickplate...
CRAP..that should be on there..standard...
It looks SO great.

Great about the trunk space (hopefully the opening is increased, not just the interior of the trunk)
And I can't wait to hear the Shaker systems 500/1000
No doubt with Subs it will ad the nice LOWs that the Mach460 is missing.
Old 4/21/04, 03:25 PM
GT Member

Good to meet you to Brad!

The window drops about 1/4 of an inch upon opening and when closing, it seals, for less wind noise. Thats all i got out of it.

Thew new amp for the stereo is about the size of my hand, versus the huge multiple amps on the 460.

*The Boss burst into flames during the burnout comptetion. It was going and going, the suddenly the back wheels stopped spinning, and the engine kept reving, then flames under the front tires. The driver jumped out, and they used the fire extinguisher, but they didnt realize about 4 mins later something was still burning, after they were staring at it, then hit the engine bay with the hose*
Old 4/21/04, 03:26 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

"MUSTANG" should be there standard. First the engine cover now we loose the kickplate w/ label. That sucks.

Ford, you're losing focus and its the 3rd period, Game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Get with it and finish strong!
Old 4/21/04, 03:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Soon, they'll be dropping 35HP from the motor to save money as well
Old 4/21/04, 04:03 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nah I think if anything...they may have had to cut SOME corners.
I'd rather them delete the little things like that (which can be added later aftermarket anyway...) if it means keeping the price the same as it is now.

Problem is, everyone has SEEN the cool stuff.
Had they not decided to show it in the first place, and decide behind closed doors not to add it...we wouldn't be the wiser....
Old 4/21/04, 04:10 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dan@Apr. 21st, 2004, 4:29 PM
"MUSTANG" should be there standard. First the engine cover now we loose the kickplate w/ label. That sucks.

Ford, you're losing focus and its the 3rd period, Game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Get with it and finish strong!
They gave us, IMO one of the most complete and stylish mustangs ever.

Now they are nickel and diming out small details, at least it seems.

I think they went overkill with the showcar and got us expecting too much;
-If we cannot get the 18's at launch > Don't put them on
-If we cannot get stripes > Don't put them on
-If we cannot the engine cover > Don't put it on

What Ford has caused is too many expectations, rumors and confusion among the Mustang fanatics. I don't konw how many topics were posted asking if stripes would be an option?
What I would like, and hope Ford would do is clear up all the confusion, tell us EXACTLY what we are getting, what to expect, and of course (especially for Dan) when we are getting the special editions. The mustang will sell all 180,000 cars no matter what IMO, there are hardcore enthusiats willing to wait a short time for a special model, so why alienate your core group? I think it is really dumb. You can still preserve the hype machine by saying that there will be a special edition mid-06 for example, just don't go into detail at what it is.
Old 4/21/04, 04:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I all seriousness, I agree. Ford shouldn't have plastered pictures all over the magazines and the webs showing these little details, only to take them away.
Old 4/21/04, 04:25 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Galaxie I agree with you 100%

BTW ArkAngelx3 congrats on all the stuff related to you and your car..and thanx for the info

Was the boss that burst into flames the Boss 429 that colletti and co built a few years back?

it's hard to tell from the pics
Old 4/21/04, 04:53 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Galaxieboy+Apr. 21st, 2004, 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxieboy @ Apr. 21st, 2004, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dan@Apr. 21st, 2004, 4:29 PM

What Ford has caused is too many expectations, rumors and confusion among the Mustang fanatics. I don't konw how many topics were posted asking if stripes would be an option?
What I would like, and hope Ford would do is clear up all the confusion, tell us EXACTLY what we are getting, what to expect, and of course (especially for Dan) when we are getting the special editions. The mustang will sell all 180,000 cars no matter what IMO, there are hardcore enthusiats willing to wait a short time for a special model, so why alienate your core group? I think it is really dumb. You can still preserve the hype machine by saying that there will be a special edition mid-06 for example, just don't go into detail at what it is. [/b][/quote]
Exactly.
Old 4/21/04, 05:12 PM
GT Member

yes, its collettis Boss
Old 4/21/04, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

The powered by ford engine cover isn't gonna be there?
Old 4/21/04, 07:37 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by ArkAngelx3@Apr. 21st, 2004, 11:15 PM
yes, its collettis Boss
ugh..that's gotta hurt..that car was awesome. I hope they can fix it.
Old 4/21/04, 07:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by burningman+Apr. 22nd, 2004, 1:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (burningman @ Apr. 22nd, 2004, 1:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ArkAngelx3@Apr. 21st, 2004, 11:15 PM
yes, its collettis Boss
ugh..that's gotta hurt..that car was awesome. I hope they can fix it. [/b][/quote]
Maybe the wife wouldn't let him have an 05. Now he has an excuse to buy one.
Old 4/21/04, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Galaxieboy+Apr. 21st, 2004, 4:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxieboy @ Apr. 21st, 2004, 4:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dan@Apr. 21st, 2004, 4:29 PM

What I would like, and hope Ford would do is clear up all the confusion, tell us EXACTLY what we are getting, what to expect, and of course (especially for Dan) when we are getting the special editions. The mustang will sell all 180,000 cars no matter what IMO, there are hardcore enthusiats willing to wait a short time for a special model, so why alienate your core group? I think it is really dumb. You can still preserve the hype machine by saying that there will be a special edition mid-06 for example, just don't go into detail at what it is. [/b][/quote]
Calm down. Are you calm? No you arent. Calm down. There much better. The NAIAS Mustang got painted that way to match the GT40, and the Cobra roadster, you can get stripes added for less than what Ford would have charged as an option. Engine cover, it's nice, but really, does it make or break the car no. The 18's we still haven't confirmed anything, and since we're quoting rumors, rumor has it thats the suppliers fault not Fords.

As for the SE's we know there are coming, we know it will be good and it will be worth waiting for. Let me get this straight, first we are complaining *ahem* ((doesen't know how to quote multiple times)) "they should have just kept us in the dark" now we are complaining, they should lay out there five year gameplan before launch. Neither of those is going to happen. BMW doesen't do it, Benz, Lexus, even Cadillac does not do it.
This is still the greatest Mustang in years, the absence of "mustang" scribbled under the muffler will not change that.
Old 4/22/04, 06:54 AM

Originally posted by Boomer@Apr. 21st, 2004, 3:16 PM
Anyone seen a car yet with frameless doors that 'seal'.

I know the new C6 vette does it, but I have yet to see it in real life.

How does it work?
Like when you open the door it quickly drops an inch? like what happens if you open the door quickly?
Or does it only do this when the door is locked?

On to the door kickplate...
CRAP..that should be on there..standard...
It looks SO great.

Great about the trunk space (hopefully the opening is increased, not just the interior of the trunk)
And I can't wait to hear the Shaker systems 500/1000
No doubt with Subs it will ad the nice LOWs that the Mach460 is missing.
The 2002+ Thunderbirds have the automatic "seal" windows. Open the door, the window moves down a bit, close the door, the window moves up to seal.
They seem to work great!

Quick Reply: My Experience and Pictures from Nashville, 40th AV