2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Is my dealer of it?

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/05, 05:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered mine 2-19 and got a VOC that day but no DORA, called today and the new car manager said that until they get a VIN from Ford no DORA, very different from what I've been reading on these forums. So who's right? I thought the DORA only had the dealer codes and order number anyway and maybe a partial VIN. So is this guy full of it? Plus I'm getting Z-plan (thanks grandma!) so seeing the invoice is a non-issue here.
Old 3/4/05, 05:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 3/4/05, 05:06 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealer gets the DORA usually the day after the VOC is put in
Old 3/4/05, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Please remind me what is VOC and DORA.
Old 3/4/05, 05:48 PM

Ordered mine 1/27 and had my dora 1/28. But no VIN here.
Old 3/4/05, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

VOC = Vehichle Order Confirmation
DORA = Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

The dealer can print the VOC immediately and the DORA usually the next business day.

They are starting you off with so you are certainly taking your chances with them unless they come clean real quick with these two documents.
Old 3/4/05, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered mine 01-07-05 picked up my dora a couple weeks later it was dated the same day i orderit. B)
Old 3/4/05, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@March 4, 2005, 7:02 PM
VOC = Vehichle Order Confirmation
DORA = Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

The dealer can print the VOC immediately and the DORA usually the next business day.

They are starting you off with so you are certainly taking your chances with them unless they come clean real quick with these two documents.
Thanks, that will help improve the odds.
Old 3/4/05, 07:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Old 3/4/05, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I ordered my GT 2/16/05 and on that day I got a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC). But today, 3/4/05, I tried to get a copy of my DORA and the dealer did not have one and basically told me I could not get it yet. They told me to check back in the beginning of April for a build date. I'm not so sure that the dealer knows what a DORA is. It sure seems frustrating that Ford cannot build more GTs. You can pick out V6 cars on the lot now. Why don't they focus on making more Gts to catch up on the orders. By the time we get our GTs the 06 cars will be coming out. I hope my car is really ordered since I do not have a DORA. Anybody got any helpful info? Thanks, this forum is very helpful I guess I'm just hoping that I really ordered a car. They did not want a deposit and I did not sign anything.
Old 3/4/05, 08:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Scarpi@March 4, 2005, 10:30 PM
I ordered my GT 2/16/05 and on that day I got a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC). But today, 3/4/05, I tried to get a copy of my DORA and the dealer did not have one and basically told me I could not get it yet. They told me to check back in the beginning of April for a build date. I'm not so sure that the dealer knows what a DORA is. It sure seems frustrating that Ford cannot build more GTs. You can pick out V6 cars on the lot now. Why don't they focus on making more Gts to catch up on the orders. By the time we get our GTs the 06 cars will be coming out. I hope my car is really ordered since I do not have a DORA. Anybody got any helpful info? Thanks, this forum is very helpful I guess I'm just hoping that I really ordered a car. They did not want a deposit and I did not sign anything.
I signed some stuff and have copies of it and of course they have my $2k, but no DORA, maybe they don't what I am talking about, guess I'm calling them again in the morning! When I call they swear it was ordered on 2/19 we'll see! At least they told you when to check back, I can't even get that. Ford is killing me, they need to get these dealers all on the same page! You know when I go to Target I can go to any Target and the practices are all the same but when I shop for a car god only knows what you are going to get from one dealership to the next....this needs to change. Bill Ford are you listening?
Old 3/5/05, 08:26 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for all of the input, had a "come to Jesus" talk with the new car manager today to clear the air, picking up the DORA today with his sig. on it just in case! After he realized I was an educated consumer and knew what I was talking about we actually had a "nice conversation'. He confirmed the 3,200 plus units waiting for rail cars and said he has a guy who ordered a GT w/IUP back in September and can't convince him change it! Anyway let the waiting begin! I appreciate the help.
Old 3/5/05, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by pwt13@March 5, 2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks for all of the input, had a "come to Jesus" talk with the new car manager today to clear the air, picking up the DORA today with his sig. on it just in case! After he realized I was an educated consumer and knew what I was talking about we actually had a "nice conversation'. He confirmed the 3,200 plus units waiting for rail cars and said he has a guy who ordered a GT w/IUP back in September and can't convince him change it! Anyway let the waiting begin! I appreciate the help.
Why should he change it???? IUP is no longer a big issue, hasn't been for some time. They have an open, valid GT order from September that is unfilled and you want to order a car from them today? You might want to consider that, hope it works out for you!
Old 3/5/05, 11:17 AM
V6 Member

I know 3 others who got there GT's from this dealership no w/no problems (all ordered) and that's one reason I went with them plus I personally have gotten my last 4 Ford's from them, again w/no problems to speak of. This just the first time I've ordered a car and probably the last! My last GT, an '87, I bought new off the lot....my how times have changed!
Old 3/5/05, 11:34 AM
I lust for a M24

IUP is still an issue as it's restricted on Karpro's commodities reports, however, it's not the issue it once was. Paul, good job on the way you handled the dealer. I'm sure he'll be a lot less likely to BS you later, and I'm sure you'll get your car sooner now.
Old 3/5/05, 12:22 PM
V6 Member

Thanks! I think that hurdle is cleared, now on to the next one!
Old 3/5/05, 01:46 PM

How can IUP still be an issue? I ordered a Convertible GT Premium with IUP on Jan 25. My car has been built and will be at my dealer probably before the end of next week. Thats only 7 weeks from order to taking delivery of the car. Pretty quick transaction IMO considering its a GT Convertible!
Old 3/5/05, 02:05 PM
I lust for a M24

I don't want to drag this into an IUP thread, but IUP is still restriced, but they're being built reguarly. Ford is only allowing a certain percentage of the cars to have the IUP, lately it's been running around 33%. Congrats on the quick delivery of your vert. You got lucky, there's some who've been waiting since Oct that still haven't taken delivery.
Old 3/5/05, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by pwt13@March 4, 2005, 5:06 PM
Ordered mine 2-19 and got a VOC that day but no DORA, called today and the new car manager said that until they get a VIN from Ford no DORA, very different from what I've been reading on these forums. So who's right? I thought the DORA only had the dealer codes and order number anyway and maybe a partial VIN. So is this guy full of it? Plus I'm getting Z-plan (thanks grandma!) so seeing the invoice is a non-issue here.
When I ordered my car back in October I told the dealer I would give them my deposit when they got the VIN. On November 4 they had my VIN so I went to the dealer and on the DORA it had a partial VIN listed, and the dealer wrote in the rest.
Old 3/5/05, 04:38 PM

My God!! Waiting since October! You have patience!! Mine is in the "convoy stage" wherever that is.My dealer received all the "paperwork" on the car this week (what that is i have no clue) he tells me it should arrive next week.

Quick Reply: Is my dealer of it?