2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Cars been Assualted!

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/07, 12:42 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 98YELLOWGT
Always get a police report no matter what the officer says.
You make him file one or call for another officer.
I can almost bet you those badguys were standing in the shadows laughing.
Sorry about your stang.
he gave me an incident number to give to the insurance and in case it happens again, dont know what the real difference is, perhaps just him doing paperwork???

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
That blows Rich. Your cool guy don't see why anyone would want to mess with you. Good thing is all the damage is on one part of the car. I'm sure your buddies at Stangwerks and Agent 47 will hook you up.
yeah taking it to Ed tomorrow to see what we can do, was already planning on starting the exterior mods finally, then this made me think I was going to need to hold off but nah Im just gonna use it as an excuse to get started and not wait anymore since I will be without it for a while anyways.

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I'm still trying to figure out how the handle got ripped off
thats why we (cop and I) were guessing it was a chain or something like that, must of got wrapped up in the handle and tore it off or something, it also cracked the area under the handle. Also the mirror reflective piece fell off but the housing was untouched, must of popped back and hit just the mirror
Old 7/26/07, 03:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds to me like an attempted car jacking. Get you to pull over get out of your car, then beat you or run you off and take your ride. Theres a lot of nice cars rolling through that part of town. You can get the PD to do a search of "incidents" in the area or the same type of "incidents". In the apartment I lived in by your moms, we had some "incidents" of cars getting egged (mine) and emblems being stolen. The brats got caught by bragging about it. I agree, what goes around comes around. Hopefully once they get caught they get a real "nice" cell mate. Let me know if you need anything bra. BTW have you heard anything from that company needing a car for turbo R&D.
Old 7/26/07, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ETNOATS
Sounds to me like an attempted car jacking. Get you to pull over get out of your car, then beat you or run you off and take your ride. Theres a lot of nice cars rolling through that part of town. You can get the PD to do a search of "incidents" in the area or the same type of "incidents". In the apartment I lived in by your moms, we had some "incidents" of cars getting egged (mine) and emblems being stolen. The brats got caught by bragging about it. I agree, what goes around comes around. Hopefully once they get caught they get a real "nice" cell mate. Let me know if you need anything bra. BTW have you heard anything from that company needing a car for turbo R&D.
thanks brady. turbo R&D? do you mean the one I was talking to you about a while back (turbonetitics)? they found a car
Old 7/26/07, 10:58 AM
GT Member

A couple of years ago there was some punks who kept throwing beer bottles in my mothers front yard. She would yell at them making them more aggressive by throwing eggs on her Mercury Sable. This went on for about two weeks with the eggs being thrown at her car or they would smear eggs on the handles. She told me she heard a noise one night and looked out seeing a red Honda. The next day, her car was smeared with eggs again! I started asking kids in the neighbor hood who drives a red Honda and they told me where the punk lived. I drove around to his house....he wasn't there but his neighbor was. I told her to inform him that my detectives are aware of his actions and will be notifying him shortly. The very next day, the punk kid showed up at my mother's door step apologizing and asking her not to report it. Since then, there hasn't been any more assaults taking on her property.

Sometimes you have to take matters in your own hand.
Old 7/26/07, 11:50 AM
FR500 Member

omg i feel for u.....id kill someone!! it will be fixed dont worry!!!!
Old 7/26/07, 12:19 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HOLY ****!

Dude that is straight up messed up. I'm glad you're alright, but the damage sucks! It was probaly a really smart move to get out of there, but hell, its not even my car and I want to shoot those punks
Old 7/26/07, 12:36 PM
Big Falken Tires

I am just speechless man.....

WTF!!

Really sorry that happened bro

Well, Diceman said it best:

"SO many a**holes... so few bullets...."
Old 7/27/07, 04:34 AM

thanks again everyone, the car is already on the mend

and then some!
Old 7/27/07, 06:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SonicBlue2005GT
i hate people.
So hard not to.

Glad you are OK Rich. Situations like this are increasing by the day. It's hard not to loose faith in society these days.
Old 7/27/07, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

That really sucks. Glad you did not get hit yourself , that could have been mmuch worse and sorry to see the damage. I had a bunch of negative attention today, unwanted of course and not even close to what you have gone through.
Old 8/1/07, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Just came back and have been very busy lately. Just want to say sorry to hear about your car. Hope you find those guys and press charges on them.
Old 8/1/07, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear that, even more so to see it. People are real a-holes and it's disgusting that this has to happen as a result. I hope the repairs go well for you.
Old 8/1/07, 10:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm echoing everyone's words here but I'm sorry about your car. I don't remember who posted this earlier, but that could have very well been an attempt to get you to stop and get out of your car. You did the right thing by going to the end of the block before stopping. It's not worth you getting hurt. I know it sucks, but as mentioned earlier they will get theirs and eventually float to the surface like the turds that they are. Hopefully the repairs will be made soon and your pony will be back on it's feet soon.

In reference to the officer not taking a report. That is pure a$$ laziness. I take reports all the time that probably won't go anywhere, but maybe, just maybe these guys had done this 4-5 times before and if individual reports were made to document the incidents they could be linked together and that would help pin point where they are occurring, what types of cars were targets, what times they were occurring, etc.......it's called police work and that is how you go about catching these little a$$holes. Maybe in one or two of the reports someone gets a good description of one or two of the suspects. Maybe two weeks from now these suspects actually car jack someone. These reports could be used to link some cases together and assist in prosecution. It's a stretch, but if no reports are made then they dang sure won't get caught and someone may really get hurt. Sorry to ramble, but I think a little more should have been doney by the officer.
Old 8/1/07, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
I'm echoing everyone's words here but I'm sorry about your car. I don't remember who posted this earlier, but that could have very well been an attempt to get you to stop and get out of your car. You did the right thing by going to the end of the block before stopping. It's not worth you getting hurt. I know it sucks, but as mentioned earlier they will get theirs and eventually float to the surface like the turds that they are. Hopefully the repairs will be made soon and your pony will be back on it's feet soon.

In reference to the officer not taking a report. That is pure a$$ laziness. I take reports all the time that probably won't go anywhere, but maybe, just maybe these guys had done this 4-5 times before and if individual reports were made to document the incidents they could be linked together and that would help pin point where they are occurring, what types of cars were targets, what times they were occurring, etc.......it's called police work and that is how you go about catching these little a$$holes. Maybe in one or two of the reports someone gets a good description of one or two of the suspects. Maybe two weeks from now these suspects actually car jack someone. These reports could be used to link some cases together and assist in prosecution. It's a stretch, but if no reports are made then they dang sure won't get caught and someone may really get hurt. Sorry to ramble, but I think a little more should have been doney by the officer.
I agree about the report thing, I stood my ground and made him do it, if for nothing else but my insurance. The cops out here are real lazy for the most part and dont seem to want to do anything that doesnt involve using one of the weapons on their belt. Sorry to say it but it seems to be the case.
Old 8/1/07, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by zaghloul
Sadly you might want to consider this for your next mod
http://www.taser.com/products/consum...TASERX26C.aspx
Just don't get trigger happy.
Or better yet my Siamese twin
Attached Images  
Old 8/2/07, 03:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rrobello
nope cop wouldnt even take a report. Said it would be a waste of time. Even if I had a positive ID on who did it, it would be their word versus mine, and in the cops words "it would be opening a big can of worms. [And] that the best thing would be just to go through insurance to get it fixed and hopefully it doesnt happen again"

he searched the area with me, we found nothing, not even the mirror piece that fell off the car. and then followed me out of the area to make sure it was safe.

Of course if it were a speeding ticket he were writing.....
Old 8/2/07, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

get a concealed weapon permit, they wont expect you to stop and pull out a gun*fearing for your life* whenever i go to bigger cities for example, detroit, i carry the 45...seeing your car just makes me sick to my stomach, people think you have to be rich to own a mustang when the fact is, that you can buy a family car for the same price, so people get jealous and take it out on the car...rediculous
Old 8/6/07, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by fordboy97f150
get a concealed weapon permit, they wont expect you to stop and pull out a gun*fearing for your life* whenever i go to bigger cities for example, detroit, i carry the 45...seeing your car just makes me sick to my stomach, people think you have to be rich to own a mustang when the fact is, that you can buy a family car for the same price, so people get jealous and take it out on the car...rediculous
well in california, besides CCWs being very limited in the number they issue they are very difficult to obtain and in most cases just about pretty much everywhere you go in California it is still illegal to carry a concealed weapon even with a CCW, or at the very least to unconceal it to use it even if its just to scare an attacker, once it is not concealed than the law gets wierd out here and you can suddenly find yourself breaking a law for brandishing a firearm or something like that and then at the very least lose your permit, if not get shot by the local PD once they show up since they are all super trigger happy in SoCal. So pretty much not a good idea here anyways.

as for my car being considered expensive.....not so much in the town I live where this took place.
Old 8/6/07, 12:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just read your post and my heart dropped. I'm glad you are ok and it sounds like your Stang is going to be even better than before (if that were possible). What additional mods are you doing?
Old 8/7/07, 02:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
well in california, besides CCWs being very limited in the number they issue they are very difficult to obtain and in most cases just about pretty much everywhere you go in California it is still illegal to carry a concealed weapon even with a CCW, or at the very least to unconceal it to use it even if its just to scare an attacker, once it is not concealed than the law gets wierd out here and you can suddenly find yourself breaking a law for brandishing a firearm or something like that and then at the very least lose your permit, if not get shot by the local PD once they show up since they are all super trigger happy in SoCal. So pretty much not a good idea here anyways.

as for my car being considered expensive.....not so much in the town I live where this took place.
sorry lol i was all hyped up last week, my girl was gone and i get moody when shes not around lol but still i dont know if youve ever experenced taht phenomenon of people thinking your rich or them just being jealous in general, to a point its flattering but when its taken to far its frustrating, i dont know i guess when you live in a community where there is 3 mustangs in the city, ones a v6 and the other lives outside of town and isnt seen much it happens to cause stares and such...i hope all is well, still sad to see your car hurting, poor thing didnt do anything to deserve that!(as my mom would say lol) have a good day

Quick Reply: My Cars been Assualted!