Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Cars been Assualted!

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/07, 01:33 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Cars been Assualted!

Aggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so ****ing ****ed off right now!

Long story short some ****ing asshats threw something like a chain at my car while I was driving, ripped the door handle off the car, knocked my mirror off, and riddled my drivers door with holes.

My window was down and about 2-3" higher and it wouldve hit me right in the face.

Ill post pics later once I calm down.
Old 7/25/07, 01:54 AM

its actually worse than it looks, couldnt get good pics at night in the garage with the car being black

Old 7/25/07, 02:03 AM
Bullitt Member

o man that sucks. im sorry. hope everything works out for you. and those are the agent 47 mirrors too! that sucks even more.
Old 7/25/07, 02:14 AM

thanks right now Im just PO'd and cant calm down, nor sleep, and I need to be somewhere at 7am (now 1:15am)

the car can and will be fixed, just sucks that I am going to have to pay for the deductable
Old 7/25/07, 03:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

What is it with folks these days? In any case it'll be back looking better than new soon I'm sure, and as for the idiots that caused the damage, one thing in life I've found to be absolutely true - what goes around, comes around...

Also I'd like to thank you for posting some recommendations a while back for some of Meguiar's wax products, I bought some of the glaze, polish and Hi-Tech yellow wax for my Mustangs and I couldn't be happier with the
shine!
Old 7/25/07, 04:28 AM

Sorry about your car makes me feel even though it's not mine.
Old 7/25/07, 05:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry about the car, glad you were not injured. Just can't understand some people.
Old 7/25/07, 06:56 AM
Cobra Member

My condolences, really sucks. Question, did you see anyone throw the chain or could it have flown off a truck? I hit a huge hunk of something, just appeared flopping on the road. I was lucky and all it did was bang under the car without any real damage. When I glanced up at my rearview mirror grimacing as whatever it was I hit shot up from under my car and over the car behind me. Was a packed freeway but I bet the people behind myself and the car behind me thought someone had thrown it. Think it may have been a hunk of wood off a truck a few cars up from me. Hard to say. But southern california freeways are hard on cars for sure. Just narrowly missed a big rig recap sitting in the middle of my lane one night when traffic was light enough for me to be cruising around 70.

Again sorry for you, that sucks.
Old 7/25/07, 07:00 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Dude, that blows. At least the damage was "minimal" and you werent hurt. A chain in the face at 55+ may have had you taking a few aspirin.
Old 7/25/07, 09:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear your Pony is hurt!

Don't worry, she'll be as good as new soon...
Old 7/25/07, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jay_wx
What is it with folks these days? In any case it'll be back looking better than new soon I'm sure, and as for the idiots that caused the damage, one thing in life I've found to be absolutely true - what goes around, comes around...

Also I'd like to thank you for posting some recommendations a while back for some of Meguiar's wax products, I bought some of the glaze, polish and Hi-Tech yellow wax for my Mustangs and I couldn't be happier with the
shine!
youre welcome on the wax. glad I could help

Originally Posted by nynvolt
My condolences, really sucks. Question, did you see anyone throw the chain or could it have flown off a truck? I hit a huge hunk of something, just appeared flopping on the road. I was lucky and all it did was bang under the car without any real damage. When I glanced up at my rearview mirror grimacing as whatever it was I hit shot up from under my car and over the car behind me. Was a packed freeway but I bet the people behind myself and the car behind me thought someone had thrown it. Think it may have been a hunk of wood off a truck a few cars up from me. Hard to say. But southern california freeways are hard on cars for sure. Just narrowly missed a big rig recap sitting in the middle of my lane one night when traffic was light enough for me to be cruising around 70.

Again sorry for you, that sucks.
it was 3 guys (that I saw), ran into the street as I drove by and one got withing a couple of feet of my door. at first I thought they all threw single things, but when the cop showed up there was nothing in the street (like rocks or anything) and the sound was as if it all hit at once. The cop guessed a chain since it punctured the door, werent a lot of small scratches and scrapes and it must of wrapped around the door handle which ripped it off

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Dude, that blows. At least the damage was "minimal" and you werent hurt. A chain in the face at 55+ may have had you taking a few aspirin.
yeah, I didnt stop instantly and get out because of that, first thing that went through my mind was that they might have been aiming for me and not the car so I pulled off to the side at the end of the block as I called the cops. Couldve been much worse and glad it wasnt, car can be fixed but Im still bummed about it. Was gonna spend the money to do other things.
Old 7/25/07, 10:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Dang Richard, that just simply sucks.

Random attacks by idiots is beyond me. Be glad you didn't confront these maniacs, 3 (w/chain) vs 1 doesn't sound like good odds. Glad you're okay though.
Old 7/25/07, 11:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad your ok!!! Where did that happen? I think you were right, maybe they were after you and your car!! Never know these days..
Old 7/25/07, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Good luck on the repair...... keep your chin up.
Old 7/25/07, 11:16 AM
V6 Member

what city did this happen in? i'll make sure to stay away. in any case, if that happened to me, i would've gone after them. not the smartest thing to do, but i'm not very smart when i get angry.
Old 7/25/07, 11:25 AM
V6 Member

Really sorry to hear that bro, that type of stuff just sucks. Like all the others said, at least your okay.
Old 7/25/07, 01:09 PM

thanks everyone, I will make sure to update when it is fixed.

this happened in La Costa, CA. North County San Diego, a wealthy neighborhood, not where youd really expect this to happen. 2 blocks from my house.
Old 7/25/07, 01:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what sucks is the car will never be able to sold as "never damaged" or that it will never be original paint ,etc. A FORD tecnician backed into my left rear panel with only 300 miles on it and they refused to replace it with a new part..You can see where it was repaired if you look closely Good luck on yours..I know you take ultra good care of your car so that even blows more
Old 7/25/07, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is crazy. Cops going to patrol around there at night and try to catch the people? That's assault with a deadly weapon as far as I am concerned! I just don't understand people any more.
Old 7/25/07, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by shatter
That is crazy. Cops going to patrol around there at night and try to catch the people? That's assault with a deadly weapon as far as I am concerned! I just don't understand people any more.
nope cop wouldnt even take a report. Said it would be a waste of time. Even if I had a positive ID on who did it, it would be their word versus mine, and in the cops words "it would be opening a big can of worms. [And] that the best thing would be just to go through insurance to get it fixed and hopefully it doesnt happen again"

he searched the area with me, we found nothing, not even the mirror piece that fell off the car. and then followed me out of the area to make sure it was safe.

Quick Reply: My Cars been Assualted!