2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Car Next Meguiers Spokesmodel!

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/05, 09:14 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@September 16, 2005, 9:12 AM
Your car sure does get around doesn't it
what can I say she loves cruisin the streets and showing off.
Old 9/16/05, 06:48 PM

I picked up my '06 last week and I'm probably gonna use Meguiars. Is there something I should go ahead and do to protect the paint?
Old 9/17/05, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by tnmustang@September 16, 2005, 6:51 PM
I picked up my '06 last week and I'm probably gonna use Meguiars. Is there something I should go ahead and do to protect the paint?
yeah when you get it go home and wash her real good, get all of the surface contaminants off of the paint, I suggest using an actuall car shampoo and not just dish soap, although if you must it wont hurt it. Use clean, soft water (if possible) to wash and rinse the car off and dry thouroughly, I recommend egyptian cotton bath towels, if not the microfiber towels work really well to dry the car. IF AND ONLY IF you still have surface debris on the paint that you can not remove by washing then clay bar those areas. Since your car is new there should be no swirl marks or scratches in it, if there are I am sorry and PM me I can give you tips on that. Ok so now your ready to polish. I use the Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7 (1 coat and remove), followed up by their Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26 (both of these can be found at any car parts store, ie. pepboys, kragen, ect.), if you have the time more than one coat is better, 2 or 3 would be perfect especially for a daily driver, mine has about 9 coats of wax on her. Apply by hand, an orbital will save you time but risk putting scratches in the paint if you are not 100% careful. And use 100% cloth diapers to remove and buff. The Micro Fibers work well but I find that the cloth diapers do a better job in buffing in a fine shine. To keep her clean use a California Duster (the showcar one with the wooden handle works better) to dust her off daily, make sure you dont have any kind of major debris on the car other than dust first to make sure you dont scratch it. Look over car and go over spots that need touching up with the Meguiars Quick Detailer or the NXT detailer, I use two microfibers here, the first to clean the surface once I apply the detailer then the second to go over it again to buff out the haze that is sometimes left behind. Remember the detailer is a wax enhancer and works well only if you have a good coat of wax on the car, if not you will be able to notice by getting some resistance as you wipe the car with the microfiber (otherwise it will glide real smoothly). The quick detailers are also great to carry in your trunk to remove unwanted road debris, and bird crap, and bugs or whatever gets on your car as you drive. Just remember if the goal is to have a great looking paint job for a really long time the less you touch your car the better because you are less likely to damage it, this does not mean to let the bird crap sit on your car for weeks because you do not want to touch the car, what this means is once you get it done leave it alone and only touch it up and clean as neccessary, dont wash your car just for the sake of washing it if it looks awesome. If you take the time to keep your car looking great (about 5 minutes a day) then you will have a great shine that will last for a long time.
Old 9/17/05, 12:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rrobello@September 17, 2005, 2:09 AM
yeah when you get it go home and wash her real good, get all of the surface contaminants off of the paint, I suggest using an actuall car shampoo and not just dish soap, although if you must it wont hurt it. Use clean, soft water (if possible) to wash and rinse the car off and dry thouroughly, I recommend egyptian cotton bath towels, if not the microfiber towels work really well to dry the car. IF AND ONLY IF you still have surface debris on the paint that you can not remove by washing then clay bar those areas. Since your car is new there should be no swirl marks or scratches in it, if there are I am sorry and PM me I can give you tips on that. Ok so now your ready to polish. I use the Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7 (1 coat and remove), followed up by their Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26 (both of these can be found at any car parts store, ie. pepboys, kragen, ect.), if you have the time more than one coat is better, 2 or 3 would be perfect especially for a daily driver, mine has about 9 coats of wax on her. Apply by hand, an orbital will save you time but risk putting scratches in the paint if you are not 100% careful. And use 100% cloth diapers to remove and buff. The Micro Fibers work well but I find that the cloth diapers do a better job in buffing in a fine shine. To keep her clean use a California Duster (the showcar one with the wooden handle works better) to dust her off daily, make sure you dont have any kind of major debris on the car other than dust first to make sure you dont scratch it. Look over car and go over spots that need touching up with the Meguiars Quick Detailer or the NXT detailer, I use two microfibers here, the first to clean the surface once I apply the detailer then the second to go over it again to buff out the haze that is sometimes left behind. Remember the detailer is a wax enhancer and works well only if you have a good coat of wax on the car, if not you will be able to notice by getting some resistance as you wipe the car with the microfiber (otherwise it will glide real smoothly). The quick detailers are also great to carry in your trunk to remove unwanted road debris, and bird crap, and bugs or whatever gets on your car as you drive. Just remember if the goal is to have a great looking paint job for a really long time the less you touch your car the better because you are less likely to damage it, this does not mean to let the bird crap sit on your car for weeks because you do not want to touch the car, what this means is once you get it done leave it alone and only touch it up and clean as neccessary, dont wash your car just for the sake of washing it if it looks awesome. If you take the time to keep your car looking great (about 5 minutes a day) then you will have a great shine that will last for a long time.
wow.I have to ask this question.Do you have kids??There is no way I'd be able to find the time to do all of this consistently.i wash and wax,use a car cover and get bugs and bird crap off immediately.Does my paint have a chance??
Old 9/17/05, 05:21 PM
V6 Member

For this very reason, I have taken multiple angles of my yellow 69 BOSS 302 and registered them with the US Patent Office.

It is very possible that my car could turn up on a poster, ad, or somewhere else. If I like it, no problem. If they're profiting off of my car, I may want a little cash compensation.

If I disagree with the use -- something distasteful or inappropriate, a cease and decist letter, followed by legal action for copyright infringement, would likely occur.
Old 9/17/05, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by Boltzman@September 17, 2005, 12:36 PM
wow.I have to ask this question.Do you have kids??There is no way I'd be able to find the time to do all of this consistently.i wash and wax,use a car cover and get bugs and bird crap off immediately.Does my paint have a chance??
no I dont have kids, but my girlfriend has two, and it actually doesnt take much to keep the car cherry, like I said I hardly touch my car, that long polish/wax process was the first time and what it takes to get your car ready for propper care and looking great for a long time. Getting the bird crap and bugs off immediately helps a lot, but if you take a couple minutes a day to dust it off and touch up the needed areas like I said then you can avoid having to wash and wax it periodically, if you read my post carefully you will see that you are spending more time on your car then I am in the long run. Do it right once and then keep it that way, it only takes about 5 minutes a day and you dont have to do the wash/wax thing all the time. If you properly wash and wax yours there is no reason your car shouldnt look great and "stand a chance" as you put it.
Old 9/17/05, 11:12 PM
GT Member

Sounds cool. You should get some cash if they use your car and a lifetime supply of their products for you and all your friends here at the mustang source!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9/17/05, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by USMC_HOTROD@September 17, 2005, 11:15 PM
Sounds cool. You should get some cash if they use your car and a lifetime supply of their products for you and all your friends here at the mustang source!!!!!!!!!!!
I still have to wait to hear back on if they are actually going to use it first, but we will see what happens, it looks very hopeful.
Old 9/20/05, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
robello -- that is so cool -- good luck with it -- gotta have that lifetime supply of Meguiar's --

i swear by the Gold Class and Quick Detailer - tried the NXT and not same as the Gold --- Egyptian Cotten is indeed the best --- been at shows and cannot say that any other car shines better !!

All you do is EXACTLY what i do and i get a lot of flack for it -- but the compliments abound everywhere i go --

once i went to -- yes -- WalMart -- [ but i may have you beat on this one ! at a "questionable" store lot with carts - i park at the upscale shops next door or across the street !!! - 150K cars there ! .. the walk is better than scratches ] --- but, when i came out of the store -- bird droppings all over the Hood !! in only 45 mins ( i swear ) -- so, i proceed to get my goodies out of my trunk box and do my thing -- was happy when done but felt a strange feeling -- Guy in a truck right next to me watching the whole time and gives me a thumb up !!

yep, the EIGHT coats just about do it for me --- she then feels like the finest silk
Old 9/20/05, 09:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

hey just remember who was your friend first when you get all famous.
Old 9/20/05, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by Stangette+September 20, 2005, 9:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stangette @ September 20, 2005, 9:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>robello -- that is so cool -- good luck with it -- gotta have that lifetime supply of Meguiar's --

i swear by the Gold Class and Quick Detailer - tried the NXT and not same as the Gold --- Egyptian Cotten is indeed the best --- been at shows and cannot say that any other car shines better !!

All you do is EXACTLY what i do and i get a lot of flack for it -- but the compliments abound everywhere i go --

once i went to -- yes -- WalMart -- [ but i may have you beat on this one ! at a "questionable" store lot with carts - i park at the upscale shops next door or across the street !!! - 150K cars there ! .. the walk is better than scratches ] --- but, when i came out of the store -- bird droppings all over the Hood !! in only 45 mins ( i swear ) -- so, i proceed to get my goodies out of my trunk box and do my thing -- was happy when done but felt a strange feeling -- Guy in a truck right next to me watching the whole time and gives me a thumb up !!

yep, the EIGHT coats just about do it for me --- she then feels like the finest silk
[/b]

I do the same exact thing, park way the heck away from everything. And I am always cleaning up the car in parking lots, bugs and bird crap are a NO NO, get looks all the time, I help out others too, once I saw a guy get out of his Stingray (very nice) and it had bird crap on it, he opened the trunk and all he had was paper towels I was walking his way and I said "noooo, hang on I have something better" I went back to my car and returned with a new cloth diaper and detail spray and cleaned it up for him, he said thanks and he needed to start carrying that around. You should try the Show Car Glaze and Hi-Tech Yellow Wax from Meguiars, I like it better than gold class and agree with you on the NXT at least on a black car.

<!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal
@September 20, 2005, 9:56 AM
hey just remember who was your friend first when you get all famous.
[/quote]

oh Ill never forget my girlfriend but thanks for thinking of her Richard.
Old 11/18/05, 12:12 PM

I posted a while back that a photographer was taking pics of my car out in front of my work and he turned out to be an employee of Meguiars and was planning on using those pics for some product packaging well it debuted at SEMA, funny my car was at SEMA afterall. It went onto the box for a new claybar called Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

They had to chop the front to make it look different because they couldnt use anything that is trademarked by Ford, ie. the pony and probably the grill style too. He told me about them needing to do that when he took the pics so its cool.

Here is some info on the product and it is replacing their old claybar and will be sold around the world.

SMOOTH SURFACEâ„¢ CLAY KIT

Removing above surface contaminants and restoring a smooth surface to your paint finish is easily accomplished with Meguiar's® Smooth Surface™ Clay Kit. Our non-abrasive clay bar safely, easily, and instantly removes paint overspray, fallout, environmental contaminants and more, making waxing easier and more durable. The Smooth Surface™ Clay Kit provides the best performance and the best value with a bonus Cleaner Wax sample and a full-sized Supreme Shine™ Microfiber in every kit!

G1016 Clay Kit
Old 11/18/05, 12:17 PM
Retired Tms Staff

merged topics
Old 11/18/05, 12:26 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Congrats Richard. Looks good!
Old 11/18/05, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by adrenalin@November 18, 2005, 1:20 PM
merged topics
cool can u update the title tag line to say updated info or something like that so people know there is new news??? Thanks.
Old 11/18/05, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by Scothew@November 18, 2005, 1:29 PM
Congrats Richard. Looks good!
thanks I am soooooo stoked, my car went from local tv celeb to being world famous.....woohoo
Old 11/18/05, 12:31 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by rrobello@November 18, 2005, 3:31 PM
cool can u update the title tag line to say updated info or something like that so people know there is new news??? Thanks.

done,and congrats
Old 11/18/05, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a great story. Seriously though you have a great looking car so it's no wonder that they would want to use it. Congrats
Old 11/18/05, 12:59 PM
GT Member

Do you have any pics of the product?

nm, it showed up this time
Old 11/18/05, 02:07 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
That is so cool! I bet you can't wait to see it in the stores and go buy a few. Will they give you a complimentary box?

Quick Reply: My Car Next Meguiers Spokesmodel!