2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My 2005 Mustang will in this saturday 9/25/04

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/04 | 07:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Tony Alonso+September 28, 2004, 6:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tony Alonso @ September 28, 2004, 6:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CanadianStang@September 27, 2004, 10:51 AM
AAI is now shootting for this Wednesday (Sept 29th) to get OK to Ship.

One of the reasons I have heard that they have not received it to date is, that the line has to shut down every once and a while, and Ford management wants the line to run continously for a certan period of before they give OK to ship.
Thanks, sir! This jives with what we heard at the Job 1 celebration. According to one of the Mustang engineers, no cars have left the plant yet. Needless to say, 05mach1 was disappointed. Yes, he was at the Job 1 celebration. We are not sure why his dealer gave him the information they did. [/b][/quote]
I am not confused about whether this is true or not, but I am confused on the reasoning.

If I have a warehouse full of product, why would I hold onto that if my assembly line had a shutdown. If I release the product now, I will get revenue from the buyers. This will take place as I am getting past the shutdown on the assembly line. The current assembly line production rate should not effect the product sitting in the yard (or dealer lots). If they build about 600/day and have been producing for about 14 days, that is 8400 cars sitting. That is a lot of money that is just sitting there. Guessing an average of $22,000 per car, that is $184 million. I would push hard to get that out to the customers so I could make some revenue.

If there is another shutdown in the assembly line, will they push the shipments out further?

Not only that, but I image by the time they ship the first batch out, they will have enough ready for a second shipment.

Anyone else have any ideas.
Old 9/28/04 | 07:24 AM
GT Member

Maybe the rumor on blueovalnews.com is not off. Maybe they are trying to determine if they are having engine issues and how to fix it if they do. They probably wouldn't ship anything v6 or v8 versions until they were all ready to ship.
Old 9/28/04 | 07:29 AM
I Have No Life

Kluski:

Those are sold units to dealerships. Ford has/will make the money when they go out. They will sell what they produce. Even if they sit on lots, ford has made the money on the units, its up to the dealership now to get rid of them for dealership proffit.

In other words, if they sit there in the warehouse, they will still make the same ammount of money whether they go out today, tomorrow, or a month from now.
As they will still have a limit on how many they can make.

200,000 now, or later....is still only 200,000 per anum.
They don't produce more because they physically can't.

However, it WOULD hurt Fords revenue if they pump them out sooner and have recalls because of something that could have been fixed prior to shipping. Everything from time, labour, parts, rentals for recalls etc etc.
Its the big picture.

They want to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible.
Old 9/28/04 | 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

They must have a good reason for not opening the barn doors and letting these horses run. Remember, as soon as these cars hit the dealers, a flood of people are going to want one. If there are any problems at all that might interrupt the flow of cars to the dealers, that is very bad publicity. Better to hold them as long as possible because "You Never Get A Second Chance to make a First Impression"
Just my 2-cents worth
Old 9/28/04 | 07:34 AM
I Have No Life

As to the Blue oval kaka....everyone may want to look at this...

BON

I don't believe the story due to the sure fact that I know what really went on. There was a parts shortage of Eaton lash adjusters because 3 valve production was trippled. It's that simple. If you wish to contest this, there are other lineworkers on the forum who can back this up.
Old 9/28/04 | 07:52 AM
GT Member

Boomer is right.

With the fiasco that is going on at Ford Chicago, with the launch of the Ford 500, Ford is being very conservative about giving "OK to Ship" on the Mustang.

The last thing they want is a recall.

And yes the people at AAI I spoke to yesterday are disapponited because the quality of the cars is fine, and yet they cannot ship cars.
Old 9/28/04 | 07:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by CanadianStang@September 28, 2004, 7:55 AM
Boomer is right.

With the fiasco that is going on at Ford Chicago, with the launch of the Ford 500, Ford is being very conservative about giving "OK to Ship" on the Mustang.

The last thing they want is a recall.

And yes the people at AAI I spoke to yesterday are disapponited because the quality of the cars is fine, and yet they cannot ship cars.
i guess the cars can't arrive "soon enough" for any of us. that's for sure.

Old 9/28/04 | 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ecgirard2@September 28, 2004, 7:27 AM
Maybe the rumor on blueovalnews.com is not off. Maybe they are trying to determine if they are having engine issues and how to fix it if they do. They probably wouldn't ship anything v6 or v8 versions until they were all ready to ship.
As far as Im concearned the rumor is untrue, or atleast remains to be proven. I ordered my car in June, and at that time was told Mid October. My dealership based this estimated delivery date on the Job1 day of Sep 7th.

Now the rumor around here is that they will begin shipping possible Wed, which means Mid October is right on target.
Old 9/28/04 | 08:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by klous+September 28, 2004, 8:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (klous @ September 28, 2004, 8:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ecgirard2@September 28, 2004, 7:27 AM
As far as Im concearned the rumor is untrue, or atleast remains to be proven. I ordered my car in June, and at that time was told Mid October. My dealership based this estimated delivery date on the Job1 day of Sep 7th.

Now the rumor around here is that they will begin shipping possible Wed, which means Mid October is right on target. [/b][/quote]
i hope so as well.

a good amount of dealerships could start receiving cars if they begin shipping this weak. those of us farther away from michigan may have to wait an extra week or so, but that would still put the arrival of "OUR" cars in dealerships in mid to late october. right on schedule.

B)
Old 9/28/04 | 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

was talking to the sales manager last night, at my local dealership. He expects to have a couple in about 2 weeks or so. 1st one has been ordered in by someone. 2nd 1 so far is for testing, unless someone buys it. He said the 2nd one will be legend lime V8.

hope to be test driving soon!
Old 9/28/04 | 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

As far as the rumor goes, I think Boomer is right! Their not going to let all those cars go, only to have them recalled. That would be a great expense! Only stands to reason, now is the time to correct any mistakes.

The only thing that drives me crazy about "Boomers" post, is his avatar!

Boomer where in the world did you come up with that? :scratch:
Old 9/28/04 | 09:57 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by Merlot@September 28, 2004, 10:57 AM

i'll field that question

It is from the Family Guy
Old 9/28/04 | 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie+September 28, 2004, 10:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxie @ September 28, 2004, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Merlot@September 28, 2004, 10:57 AM

i'll field that question

It is from the Family Guy [/b][/quote]
not to hip on this new stuff! what's the family guy?
Old 9/28/04 | 10:09 AM
I Have No Life

The avatar is from the Family Guy.
Chris, the son, has an evil monkey in his room....

Tv Tome Page

Show was canned after 3 seasons, and is being brought back because of DVD sales.
If you like to laugh.... and I mean alot....
Check it out!

Back to mustangs
Old 9/28/04 | 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boomer@September 28, 2004, 10:12 AM
The avatar is from the Family Guy.
Chris, the son, has an evil monkey in his room....

Tv Tome Page

Show was canned after 3 seasons, and is being brought back because of DVD sales.
If you like to laugh.... and I mean alot....
Check it out!

Back to mustangs
Thanks Boomer for enlighting me! Wife says she remembers the show!

by the way, just kidding! I think he's neat!

your right: back to Mustangs! :drive:
Old 9/28/04 | 11:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Will I find my 05 Mustang it was at the Flat Rock plant inside the getting the side Mustang stripes putting on them park next two GTs converts. uncovers :shock:
Old 9/29/04 | 01:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05mach1@September 29, 2004, 5:03 AM
Will I find my 05 Mustang it was at the Flat Rock plant inside the getting the side Mustang stripes putting on them park next two GTs converts. uncovers :shock:
egnlish plaese!
Old 9/29/04 | 02:15 AM

An Ode to the Odyssey of Mach1

Wherefore art though Mach1?
Having received the vow of the Charlatan, that your 05 Mustang soon would be here, your heart leapt to your throat, and burned in your ears!

Of course you had ordered your Stang 05/17, one minute after you could, so getting yours first was well understood!

You knew the truck was barreling down highway 5, so you hopped in your 03, and made quick work of the drive

To the dealer, whose grounds were guarded by rent a cop pounds, and half wolf hounds, sniffing, I say sniffing, all sniffing the grounds. But nothing could keep Mach1 from hearing the sounds of a Ford auto carrier barreling down.

You waited and waited, till sent home with a guarantee, "I'll call you when it gets here, go get some sleep, because that’s what you need"

You did as you were told for an hour or two, but Source forum members, knew better. Oh better, they knew.

As the minutes dragged on, each torturing you man, as if dragged by a corvette 50 miles through sand.

As it became clearer and clearer that the dealer knew naught when the Ford juggernaut would arrive on the lot, you knew you’d be required to stalk the 05 Stang you had so long ago bought. :jedi:

So as Source members took bets, about which ding was kicked, and where you were booked, You got in your 03 Mach and took to the hoof.

The journey begun there was no turning back, not till every AAI site, had been searched and ransacked. No force would stop you, not even Steven Seagal high on crack!

Till finally you found her, grazing on concrete, behind an AAI fence, beyond your touch by mere feet. There you stared, and cajoled, your Ma's precious steed, as the stripes were put on and two verts ran stampede.

Assured that your car was not a clinical schizoid dream, you flew back like the wind to assure the faithful Source team, that you were alive, not dead as you seemed. The adrenaline subsiding, your ears cooling down, you messaged the news to the fearful 'Stang e-town.

Your message was cryptic and to any but us sounded like Hunter S. Thompson if hit by a bus. We understand your message, Mach1, go get some sleep, get well if you can. We've got your back, because you are DA' MAN!
Old 9/29/04 | 03:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05mach1@September 28, 2004, 11:03 PM
Nice to hear from you once more. Hope you get your pony soon!

And don't stay out of touch so long, ok? We're all going gaga here waiting to read about who ever will be the FIRST among the faithful to take ownership of an '05 and thus post some pics!
Old 9/29/04 | 04:09 AM
V6 Member

Great poem! Moon
Mach:Sorry about the runaround from your dealer, but at least you wait will be shorter than us waiting on verts.

Quick Reply: My 2005 Mustang will in this saturday 9/25/04