2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My 06 limer is in the shop!

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/05, 05:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my 786 mile GT to the dealer Monday for vibration and drivers door unlock/handle problem. I didn't buy from this dealer and I hope they aren't gonna jerk me around. They called Mon night and said one wheel was way out of spec and had to send it somewhere else to do a load balance. Got a call Tue that the wheel/tire is way out of spec again and they are going to see if they can fix it :shock: I asked if they could just pull a wheel from another GT and be done with it but they said they had to follow Fords procedure for fixing the problem.
The other problem is that the door will not open from outside handle, only from inside. This seemed a simple fix to me but that is not finished either (2 days) Has anyone had trouble taking their car to a dealer they didn't purchase from? Does this seem like I'm being jerked or am I just impatient? My garage kept GT is sitting outside with a spare tire on the drivers rear. Any advice would be great.
Old 9/21/05, 08:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer called today (Wed) Said the car is ready. When asked if the door was fixed he said they couldn't get it to hang up for them so no need to go further. Now this is the same guy who went out to get my VIN and odometer and had to go around to the passenger side because the drivers door would not open. If this thing vibrates again I am going to be very P-O'd. If the door hangs up (which it will because it did it every time I tried to get in) I'm fixing it myself. I hope this isn't the start of something bad.......