2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang makes cameo on GM show!

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/04, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if anyone else saw it but the Discovery channel aired their "Building the C6 Corvette" show tonight, finally. They filmed the show from two perspectives. Behind the scenes of C6 testing, before anyone had seen it, and behind the scenes of Jim Dunne trying to get a good photo for around 50K, which was the offered magazine amount for the first good frontal picture.

Well this show was supposed to be about the Vette but someone must have forgot to tell Dunne. They were filming him from his car in front of the Gm plant taking pics of various GM vehicles while waiting for the Vette to come out. Driving down the road, right in front of the main GM gate, comes the spotted white Mustang! Dunne went nuts and took off after it, swerving around a truck to get at it! He stops in front of the Mustang at a red light and says, "I got your "butt*" He got out of the car and took a few pics and when the light turned the Mustang roared out of there. When Dunne got back in the car he remembered he was supposed to be looking for the C6. He just said O well! Now where hasn't the Mustang popped up?!!!

* edited word!
Old 9/29/04, 10:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
I saw that too...anyone noticed there has been a lot of tv coverage of car development lately. 05 Mustang and Corvette...??
Old 9/29/04, 11:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wish i could run into an 05 mustang :angry:

had the opposite experience as that guy...

went to the dealership today after work, just to check (i knew they wouldnt have one, but im obsessed) and actually saw a 2005 corvette c6, so i snapped a pic with my picture phone, just so i didnt come back completely empty lol
Old 9/30/04, 12:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

I saw a C6 on the road just yesterday! They look really nice!
Old 9/30/04, 02:22 AM
Cobra Member

Hey, Brian, where'd you see it? I saw a red one in Orange Park a few weeks ago, and it was AWESOME.

Yeah, I saw the show tonight, and was gonna post a topic on it in the morning if nobody else commented on it tonight. That was a great show, and seeing the Mustang made my eyes really widen.

It was funny how he just stepped right out of the car into the street and starting snapping pictures. I would've been all stealthy about it. Not him! He just walked to the back of the car and held the camera to his face and started snapping away! That would be an awesome hobby. Especially to get paid $50k for a few pictures! :headbang:
Old 9/30/04, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

My uncle has been working on the C6 project since day one Running into those used to be rare in this area.. now.. pretty common.. so common that I thought they were out already.

Anyone know when the show is gonna be on again.. or what the show is called? I'd like to check it out.
Old 9/30/04, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Those are my wheels on the Vette! - nice!!
Yes, the Vette looks nice on the road, but I would never pay that kind of money for one. Not in this stage of my life anyway!
Mustang for me, thank you!

I haven't driven a C6 yet, but I can tell you the C5 was way overrated.
Old 9/30/04, 10:50 AM
FR500 Member

yea i saw the show and i saw the guy get outta the car in the middle of an intersection to take pix.....then the guy in the camo stang drove away haha i was like NO WAY

****peter leone is a loser****