2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang guages on the Interior sports package

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/04, 03:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would Ford not put all the guages in all the cars anyway? I know that the My Color feature has the extra gauges built into it, but what about the people that cannot get the My Color feature now? The voltage meter and the oil pressure guage is a needed thing in cars! What if your oil pressure suddenly drops, and you have no clue that its happening because Ford could not put 2 extra guages on all the cars! Those 2 extra guages are a great help to me and I would like to be able to have them... So why did Ford not put those 2 extra guages in the cars in the first place?! :angry: :angry: :notnice:
Old 12/20/04, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Je ne sais pas. ( I don't know)
Old 12/20/04, 04:04 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,190 Likes on 2,337 Posts
I agree and if the Lawsuit is not resolved they will most likely offer the 6 gauge pod without the my color feature! at this time the 6 gauge pod is only equipped for the my color feature and is tied into the Message center programming! I think i will add this to my wish list! All v8's should have the 6 Gauge at least as an option!! I am currenly looking into retrofitting a My Color Cluster into my 05! Any Cluster replacement requires a DownLoad of information from the Old Cluster! As soon as My Test Cluster Arrives I will Dig into it Further! Results Will be Posted
Old 12/20/04, 04:08 PM
Cobra Member

That was the main reason I wanted the IUP....
Old 12/20/04, 04:20 PM

Same here, the additional gauges is the selling point for the IUP for me. I could care less about the MyColor. I think if Ford offered the two extra gauges as part of IUP Lite they might find out some of us would be willing to go ahead and pull the trigger on our purchase instead of waiting it out. Sure, the dash dress up pieces are nice but I WANT MY GAUGES and don't want to do the aftermarket gauge pod.
Old 12/20/04, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most people don't even look at those gauges.
Old 12/20/04, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 20, 2004, 7:06 PM
Maybe you don't, but gauges are important to many of us. Much better than stupid idiot lights!
Old 12/20/04, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Montrose+December 20, 2004, 7:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Montrose @ December 20, 2004, 7:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@December 20, 2004, 7:06 PM
Maybe you don't, but gauges are important to many of us. Much better than stupid idiot lights! [/b][/quote]
Alot of Ford's gauges are idiot lights, oil pressure included. It won't move until the oil pressure gets below some insanely low threshold (7 psi) and then move from "normal" to "low". At least, that's how the truck gauges have worked for years now.
Old 12/20/04, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Berol is right, those gauges are not true gauges. They do not give you a true psi reading on oil pressure, and voltage on the voltage gauge. It would be nice but most production cars do not. They are idiot lights with needles that you can glance at from time to time. Although they would fill that void at the bottom of my center cluster, its not killing me, to many other things to like about this car to sweat the small stuff.
Old 12/20/04, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Montrose+December 20, 2004, 8:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Montrose @ December 20, 2004, 8:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse@December 20, 2004, 7:06 PM
Maybe you don't, but gauges are important to many of us. Much better than stupid idiot lights! [/b][/quote]
make a poll. I bet fewer people look at them. If you are that serious about gauge function, you are going to put aftermarket gauges in anyway.

As said above, have you ever seen yours move?
Old 12/20/04, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 20, 2004, 7:06 PM
I look at mine every day, every time I drive, at least once every 10 minutes, if not more.

And even if they're not digital or accurate to .001 degree or psi or whatever the heck else, they ARE going to let you see a problem before any dang engine light comes on.

/Had a '66 Tbird. That will teach you to look.
//In answer to "have you seen yours move?" Yes. Voltmeter works great. Roll down windows and watch the volts drop when they hit bottom. Temp gauge works awesome. Dead center when A/C is on and car is warm, and then from 1/4 to 3/4 range when A/C is off and fan kicks on. Like clockwork at 3/4. Oil pressure works great too. The fuel gauge works, and when the check gauge light comes on it's time for a fill up. That's kinda neat. The tach works well enough, and the speedo is correct. Did I miss something?
Old 12/20/04, 09:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 05stangkc@December 20, 2004, 5:07 PM
I agree and if the Lawsuit is not resolved they will most likely offer the 6 gauge pod without the my color feature! at this time the 6 gauge pod is only equipped for the my color feature and is tied into the Message center programming! I think i will add this to my wish list! All v8's should have the 6 Gauge at least as an option!! I am currenly looking into retrofitting a My Color Cluster into my 05! Any Cluster replacement requires a DownLoad of information from the Old Cluster! As soon as My Test Cluster Arrives I will Dig into it Further! Results Will be Posted
I think we've pretty well concluded this is a supply vs demand issue and has nothing to do with any "lawsuit" or claim. The general consensus is IUP will return in February for at least until there is another major demand/supply mismatch.

With all the supply/demand/market projection mistakes it plausible they would shuffle options & packages at some point, but probably not for the remainder of this model year.

Of course it makes it very frustrating for peolple who's orders missed the recent cut off date for IUP.
Old 12/20/04, 09:36 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Mustang69-05@December 20, 2004, 5:11 PM
That was the main reason I wanted the IUP....
yea the mycolor is a must for me. i donno what i would do. if mycolor is no longer available by the time i order in january i will have them search the country for one for me
Old 12/21/04, 12:45 AM
GT Member

I look at my guages all the time... One day coming home from work I glanced down at my voltage meter just in time to see it go down... so I had time to pull off the road... I pulled off the road and my truck died due to alternator failing... The guages might not be accurate but they save alot of trouble... If that guage had not been there I could have driven another 100 yards and wound up dead in an intersection at 5 oclock traffic... the guages are needed and I would rather not have to put some aftermarket guages in my brand new car because the guages would look out of place.
Old 12/21/04, 05:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

My color is not necessary for me but the aluminum trim, gauges, and computer are.
Old 12/21/04, 06:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Houtex, have you checked you oil pressure gauge and seen it actually vary?

There probably are two positions for this gauge: halfway between Low and High, and Low. There is no variation.

I'd love to be wrong on this, but Fords oil pressure gauges for a while have done this. Hopefully they did this one right.
Old 12/21/04, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I do not have IUP, so no oil gauge. On all the GTs that I test drove that did have the oil gauge, it went right to the center position just like my F250SD. It is not a true PSI oil gauge. The only car/truck that I have owned that actually seamed to read PSI was my former Toyota 4Runner. It actually varried depending on engine RPMs. So at least it appeared to measure PSI, since the gauge actually moved with inc. in engine RPMs. The gauge moved like I said but there was no PSI reading on the gauge itself.
Old 12/21/04, 06:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the confirmation Beachboy.
Old 12/21/04, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by z71mudder199@December 20, 2004, 4:57 PM
What if your oil pressure suddenly drops, and you have no clue that its happening because Ford could not put 2 extra guages on all the cars!
Can't you watch your temperature gauge? If there was less oil won't the car run hotter?
Old 12/21/04, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

A true oil pressure gauge would be excellent, but the ones they put in cars today, in my opinion they are no more that an idiot light with a needle. Sure you can look at it all the time, where an idiot light only comes on when there is a problem. In saying that the gauge is only going to move when there is a problem, just like the light. I am sure they both get the same type of info from the same censor. There are others on here that have real good knowledge on these gauges and idiot lights and how they work.

Quick Reply: Mustang guages on the Interior sports package