Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ps look at the B series and the navajo hhhhmmmmm i wonder what they resemble
Old 5/12/05, 09:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by gotmy05@May 12, 2005, 9:20 AM
Not sure what you are trying to say, Ford isn't the only company that badge engineers their vehicles.
Old 5/12/05, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Colvindesign@May 12, 2005, 7:25 AM
ahhhh, the old domestic vs improts battle.....

WHen I had my 97 civic, it made decent power (dynoed 199 hp to the wrong wheels) and I had no problems with 97 and older GTs. Granted I had a lot more invested but I did get better mileage and much better handling (coilovers). But it was ust not what I wanted. I tried it and so I can say it is no comparison to having torque at 2500 rpm. It is really no comparison to having a lot of torque, and a lot of power all the way through the range.

However, I don't like it when people bash them for what they are.... Modified cars. Granted there are some out there that are all stock save for the 5 inch exhaust and CAI and then they have 8000 into the body and TVs and PS2s etc.... But even back in the 50s, they had that, then they were called Customs, the ones modified to run were called Hot Rods. So seriously, if you guys don't like it, then you should also be bashing the people who did it 50 years ago and started everything good about cars. Until then, no american company even thought of making a sports car or a fast car. Without the Customs and Hot Rods of the 50s I would say the Vette and the Mustang would probably not be here today.

Poor taste is offensive, just like picking youre nose in public...ROFL..
Sure it is weird when it's FWD, but that is just innovation. Maybe also, you can attribute all these modified FWD cars to making the factories go back to RWD. Because the execs and designers may have been looking at these modified fwd cars that have 10k into the engine and run 13 secs. Maybe they see that fwd is not the way to go after seeign the modified examples. So maybe you should be thankful that these guys did it and proved to Detroit that rwd is the way to go.

I guess I am just against bashing people, period. You don't know these people, they have every right in the world to do whatever they want to their own car. It is not like they are taking a mint condition 93 cobra R and painting it flat black and putting 20 inch bling bling rims and molding in the ground effects and adding bondo fender flares.
Seriously to each his own. So it's not your thing, good fine great, not my thing either, but at least I have built a couple and owned one to see what it was about.
Old 5/12/05, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+May 12, 2005, 11:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ May 12, 2005, 11:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-gotmy05@May 12, 2005, 9:20 AM
Not sure what you are trying to say, Ford isn't the only company that badge engineers their vehicles.
[/b][/quote]

I'm saying that just because for owned 25% of mazda it don't mean that they had any influence on the rx-7, miata, millenia and other mazda ricers just the trucks and the borrowed chassis and motor for the probe from the 323
Old 5/12/05, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by gotmy05+May 12, 2005, 9:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gotmy05 @ May 12, 2005, 9:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by holderca1@May 12, 2005, 11:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gotmy05
@May 12, 2005, 9:20 AM

I'm saying that just because for owned 25% of mazda it don't mean that they had any influence on the rx-7, miata, millenia and other mazda ricers just the trucks and the borrowed chassis and motor for the probe from the 323
[/b][/quote]
Well, Ford owns 100% of Aston Martin, but none of those cars look like any Ford cars.
Old 5/12/05, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+May 12, 2005, 8:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ May 12, 2005, 8:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by gotmy05@May 12, 2005, 6:14 AM
Originally posted by holderca1@May 12, 2005, 8:07 AM
Originally posted by dswhalen@May 11, 2005, 11:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Section8
@May 11, 2005, 4:16 PM
My car is pretty quick, but I don't think i could beat a new GT in a straight line. I also don't have a huge wing or coffee can exhaust, and tend to keep my speed at 9 over

Of all the cars an RX7 is a great car. But you have had too many years of rice and your new GT will cure you.

Uhh, an RX-7 is not rice. Neither is the Z, NSX, Supra, among others, none of those are rice either.

What are you kidding me..... If it don't say Ford GM or Chrysler on the door its rice with a capitol R
Are you serious? Are you missing a jester? By your definition, Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches would be rice. Yes, I have decided you are joking.
[/b][/quote]

You can't bring them into this conversation they are a completely different breed of car. I like to call them the rich mans easy way out of winning a race. I like to build my stuff fast not buy a generic.
Old 5/12/05, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+May 12, 2005, 11:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ May 12, 2005, 11:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by gotmy05@May 12, 2005, 9:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gotmy05

Well, Ford owns 100% of Aston Martin, but none of those cars look like any Ford cars.
[/b][/quote]

once again a completely different breed of vehicle. you can't compare 100,000 cars here
Old 5/12/05, 09:50 AM

Originally posted by gotmy05+May 12, 2005, 9:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gotmy05 @ May 12, 2005, 9:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by holderca1@May 12, 2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by gotmy05@May 12, 2005, 9:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gotmy05

once again a completely different breed of vehicle. you can't compare 100,000 cars here
[/b][/quote]
Now you lost me. But anyways, please state your source that says that Ford had no involvement in the RX-7, RX-8, MX-5, ect..
Old 5/12/05, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by holderca1+May 12, 2005, 5:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ May 12, 2005, 5:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
<!--QuoteBegin-Section8
My car is pretty quick, but I don't think i could beat a new GT in a straight line. I also don't have a huge wing or coffee can exhaust, and tend to keep my speed at 9 over

Of all the cars an RX7 is a great car. But you have had too many years of rice and your new GT will cure you.
Uhh, an RX-7 is not rice. Neither is the Z, NSX, Supra, among others, none of those are rice either.
[/b][/quote]

HUH? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

What is your def of rice? My def is a japanese badge. I don't care if they are made in Happygap Tennessee the profits go home to buy Sushi for Ma and Pa Fujimoto.

Not Rice? You need to start that new GT when you get it and listen to the V8 roar and then a smile will come to your face and you will start singing the Star Spangled Banner. "Jose can you see"
Old 5/12/05, 10:00 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@May 12, 2005, 11:53 AM
Now you lost me. But anyways, please state your source that says that Ford had no involvement in the RX-7, RX-8, MX-5, ect..

It'll take me a few minutes to dig up, but I can assure you Ford had no influence in the design and engineering of the FD RX7 or previous versions. I can't speak to the Miata since I don't own one.
Old 5/12/05, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Section8+May 12, 2005, 12:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Section8 @ May 12, 2005, 12:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-holderca1@May 12, 2005, 11:53 AM

It'll take me a few minutes to dig up, but I can assure you Ford had no influence in the design and engineering of the FD RX7 or previous versions. I can't speak to the Miata since I don't own one.
[/b][/quote]

I can assure you of this. I don't think that Ford is paying there engineers all that money do design Mazda vehicles.
Old 5/12/05, 10:04 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@May 12, 2005, 12:03 PM

What is your def of rice? My def is a japanese badge. I don't care if they are made in Happygap Tennessee the profits go home to buy Sushi for Ma and Pa Fujimoto.

Not Rice? You need to start that new GT when you get it and listen to the V8 roar and then a smile will come to your face and you will start singing the Star Spangled Banner. "Jose can you see"

Prejudiced much?
Old 5/12/05, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dswhalen+May 12, 2005, 10:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ May 12, 2005, 10:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by holderca1@May 12, 2005, 5:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Section8

[/b][/quote]

So, all a car needs to be to be "rice" is Japanese? I mean, if that is your definition, that is fine, but I think a lot of people would disagree.
Old 5/12/05, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@May 11, 2005, 3:48 PM
That's the first time that we've been able to confirm that driving the '05 (as opposed to any other car) has actually cost someone a ticket. Usually they say 'nice car, and have a nice day' after getting a good look at it.
Sorry 'bout your luck.
He was a great guy. Over 100 is criminal and requires a court date. The ticket can cost nearly $500.00. By writing it down I paid about $100 and could just pay it. My thanks go to the DPS officer.

Actually thanks to the Mustang. I was a dip_hit for going over 100. I feel pretty lucky on that one.
Old 5/12/05, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by edcrbnsoul@May 12, 2005, 8:05 AM

Brilliant!

Worth a thousand words.
Old 5/12/05, 10:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by dswhalen+May 12, 2005, 9:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ May 12, 2005, 9:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-edcrbnsoul@May 12, 2005, 8:05 AM

Brilliant!

Worth a thousand words.
[/b][/quote]

I'm still laughing at this one

Is it true that terrorist only drive ricers on suicide missions?
Old 5/12/05, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Any car that is all show and no go, american or otherwise if the car looks like it is going 200 miles an hour standing still, but cant perform it just dosent turn me on. I am a car guy, I do prefer fords just because i am sentimental, but i would own a 67 camaro, an 60's GTO, a Vette, an STI, or EVO any day just because these are great cars. I dig my new stang because it reminds me of the old ones and I appreciate its simplistic back to basics design. I dont like the loook of the new charger, or the new GTO, but i do respect their keeping the american muscle car alive.

I thought my stang was the fastest thing on the road for the longest time (because it is only natural to be proud of such a cool car, and everyone want to think theirs is the very best) but i have had my share of humbling experiences.....

got smacked down by an EVO the other day (i thought he was a ricer, but he turned out to be cool, ans just like me he was all proud of his ride and i could respect that)

got my boody handed to me by an 02 camaro SS (although i had a passenger, and wasnt aware we were racing till he was a car length ahead of me...)

all in all though i still dig a good adrenalin rushing race just for the heck of it....I dont have anything to prove anymore, i know my car is fast as the day is long, but i also know there are plenty of cars out there that are faster.

to take a line from full metal jacket and tweak it..."this is my mustang, there are many others like it, but this one is mine"
Old 5/12/05, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+May 12, 2005, 11:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ May 12, 2005, 11:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by dswhalen@May 12, 2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by holderca1@May 12, 2005, 5:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Section8

So, all a car needs to be to be "rice" is Japanese? I mean, if that is your definition, that is fine, but I think a lot of people would disagree.
[/b][/quote]

Rice comes from the racial term that the primary crop of China and surrounding countries is rice. So yes, cars that come from Japan/China, or around there are Ricers. Look up the definition on the net somewhere.
Old 5/12/05, 10:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by dswhalen@May 11, 2005, 6:44 PM
I bought this car from Capistrano Ford in SoCal. I drove it home to Utah. While in AZ I was passed by a VW Jetta doing over 100mph. I was doing 82 in a 75. Just ahead a purple Neon with a shopping cart handle, a coffee can tale pipe, and white wheels which was going slower than me. When I got next to him he jumped on it. I increased my speed and he did too. I jumped on the gas and the Mustang easily went around him. I did this because a car was coming up behind me at over 100mph. The problem I had, it was an AZ DPS (AHP) coming after the VW. He pulled me over instead and said I was doing 103 which I easily could have been doing (I wasn't watching).
He said he could have pulled any of us over but hadn't seen the new Mustang yet. He was very friendly and wanted to know all about the car. He wrote my ticket down to 85 in a 75 and told me to slow down.

I also had a mullet in a late model Pontiac TA rev his motor and try to race me. He screamed Ford's stink. I didn't even turn my head for him. :notnice:

You did the right thing IMO.. I just ignore them. If they want to drive like morons they can go right ahead. When I had my old 87 I had some coffee can civic try and race me. I ignored him, he sped up and slowed down over and over trying to get me to race while at the same time not realizing that the road ahead was narrowing to one lane and he was in the the lane that would disappear.

Well I just kept my head and drove up behind the car in front of me and the lane ended. Whump!!! That honda hit the curb straight on (those little raised divider thingies). We all just kept going while he was stuck back there with a messed up car and no where to go. All of those morons get what comes to them eventually.
Old 5/12/05, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by gotmy05+May 12, 2005, 10:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gotmy05 @ May 12, 2005, 10:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Section8@May 12, 2005, 12:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-holderca1
@May 12, 2005, 11:53 AM

I can assure you of this. I don't think that Ford is paying there engineers all that money do design Mazda vehicles.
[/b][/quote]
I just find it hard to believe that FoMoCo has no interest in a car that they make money off of. It just doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT Rice Challengers