2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang Concept Photo

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/06, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang Concept Photo

I was going to wait for the new Mustang but then read about the SE Boss and say hey the Boss is it why wait. No matter what the new design looks like I after what I read about the Boss figuring 500+ with a S/C or T/C and made me forget about waiting for the new design. I was thinking I like this current body style what if they change the new and I don't like and if I do like it a least I will have decent power with the Boss.

Then I just came across this picture of this Mustang concept car and it froze me as I said WOW I like that. I never seen this one before or knew Ford had this in its stable I wonder how far off the new design is going to be from this concept design or are we looking at a close representation of the new design. Also remember what Kevin posted a few days ago about no spoiler in the 08 catalog.

I think this Mustang is nice!!!

I would wait if it look like this!

Almost looks like glass roof panels but don’t think it is, wheel size? no gap in the wheels, quarter glass panels, side scoops, etc nice.

Old 8/22/06, 03:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

That is the concept to the current, S197, model. That picture is oooooolllld
Old 8/22/06, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pittperson
That is the concept to the current, S197, model. That picture is oooooolllld
I never seen it before but I like it why do I get the feeling the new design might resemble this concept closer than the current model did. I think maybe because I think the lines flow better than the current Mustang almost similar to the new Camaro but unlike the Camaro keeps the retro look.

I think looking at this concept IMO Ford has the new design right in its stable if it were up to me.
Old 8/22/06, 04:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check this link to Brad's main site. http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/ There used to be a link to it at the top of the forums page, but I don't know what happened to it. Go to the dropdown links "Concepts, '79-2007 Concepts, 2005 Mustang Concept". There are lots of pictures there of the coupe and convertible shown at shows in 2004. Also check out "show pics". Yes, it would be cool for that look to surface in a production car. Where do you think RKSports got the idea for the California Dream hood? I think I read somewhere that the production car was all done before they modded it to look like that, just to generate excitement at the shows? I guess it worked.

Why don't the forum pages have a link back to Brad's main site anymore? Or am I the only one who can't find it?
Old 8/22/06, 04:11 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/s197/pics/
Old 8/22/06, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does Ralph really suck, or is Ellie just insecure? Ellie is flashier, so maybe Ralph needs mods? Ralph abuse makes me sad. Only you can stop Ralph abuse.
Old 8/22/06, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, poor Ralph! Where's the love? (Not trying to hijack the thread)
Pic is nice but, try driving a car with that low amount of wheel clearence.
Old 8/22/06, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by backafter20
Check this link to Brad's main site. http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/ There used to be a link to it at the top of the forums page, but I don't know what happened to it. Go to the dropdown links "Concepts, '79-2007 Concepts, 2005 Mustang Concept". There are lots of pictures there of the coupe and convertible shown at shows in 2004. Also check out "show pics". Yes, it would be cool for that look to surface in a production car. Where do you think RKSports got the idea for the California Dream hood? I think I read somewhere that the production car was all done before they modded it to look like that, just to generate excitement at the shows? I guess it worked.

Why don't the forum pages have a link back to Brad's main site anymore? Or am I the only one who can't find it?
Thanks for the link.

The link did say this concept car was done after the S197 went into production. I think the above concept car is gorgeous I think Ford has a winner on thier hands if they brought that car out pictured above.
Old 8/22/06, 05:50 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by backafter20
Does Ralph really suck, or is Ellie just insecure? Ellie is flashier, so maybe Ralph needs mods? Ralph abuse makes me sad. Only you can stop Ralph abuse.
Ralph is hated on daily down in OT.

I was pissed when that concept came out way back when. I needed a backseat, and was going to be pissed if it didn't have one.
Old 8/22/06, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

That is the car that sealed the deal for me. However, I'm much more attracted to the actual S197, I think they made the right changes before putting it into production.
Old 8/22/06, 06:48 PM
GT Member

This just goes to show the difference between the original concept car and the production car. It looks very "concepty" just like the current Camaro concept. Do people really think the new Camaro will look like its concept and not changed for production like the Mustang?
Old 8/22/06, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MrLatte
This just goes to show the difference between the original concept car and the production car. It looks very "concepty" just like the current Camaro concept. Do people really think the new Camaro will look like its concept and not changed for production like the Mustang?
Yes the production car was always different than the concept car in the past but today some of the concept cars (S197/Viper)are getting really close to the production car. I also see the very nice looking Challenger being very very close to the concept car. The Camaro on the other hand I don't know vs. the concept we will see, hopefully for the Chevy guys GM will retro it a little more and do a better job IMO. The car now kind of resembles some of the Caddy family to me and is a terrible job of a retro 69 Camaro (or 67-69 Camaro retro) which I did own one.

I came over from the Chevy background (street car wise) camp because I liked the S197 so much. Also don't get me wrong I love the S197 now in & out its just I am afraid Ford might mess it up IMO with a new design and then I saw this concept design they have and am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 8/23/06, 08:01 PM
GTR Member

where are the door handles??
Old 8/24/06, 03:06 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by Boltzman
where are the door handles??
It doesn't need them, you just hop in the window like one of the Duke Boys.
Old 8/24/06, 02:54 PM
GT Member

Do people really think the new Camaro will look like its concept and not changed for production like the Mustang?
I'd be very interested to see the actual production Camaro. I don't think the concept piece looks very good. Hopefully they'll do a better job with the production car but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out.

The first pony car that caught my attention as a kid was the original '67-69 Camaro. But my first pony car purchase is going to be an '07 GT because it looks great (as well as drives great) and the Camaro concept just isn't close enough to my tastes to make me want to wait another year or more.
Old 8/24/06, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TJ06
Thanks for the link.

The link did say this concept car was done after the S197 went into production. I think the above concept car is gorgeous I think Ford has a winner on thier hands if they brought that car out pictured above.
Ford has a winner on their hands with the production S197....
Old 8/24/06, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Ford has a winner on their hands with the production S197....

No kidding I know that and agree , my point is if they are going to bring out a new design I worry the new design might not look as nice IMO as the S197 now (part of the reason I have high interst in the Boss now along w/new motror ) but if they would bring something very close to the above concept photo I would be happy.

If the new design is changed to much from the S197 or looks to much like modern day muscle car design similar to the new Camaro I won’t be buying one I will stay with the current S197.

I will say this if that concept car pictured above was on the show room floor next to the current S197 and I could order either one, IMO I would order the concept car design with out a doubt.
Old 8/24/06, 07:50 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
It doesn't need them, you just hop in the window like one of the Duke Boys.
Old 8/25/06, 10:23 AM
FR500 Member

i know i keep telling everyone that the production car will be VERY different