2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Club of America Canada Show! LOTS OF PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/08, 09:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mustang Club of America Canada Show! LOTS OF PICS!!!

I just got back this Tuesday from attending the 1st ever Mustang Club of America show that was held outside the USA. For those who are in MCA, you know where it was. For those who didn't, it was held at the Ford of Canada Headquarters. Thats in Oakville, Ontario, at the plant, where they build the Ford Flex and Edge, and Lincoln MKX. All I can say is WOW!!! Over 425 cars that were in many different judged classes. I headed up with 10 friends from my local club (Valley Forge Mustang Club) and from Bad Mustangs Club. I took plenty of pictures and have the photobucket link below. I hope it works, as I signed up for it a day ago and never used it before.

The show was a blast. The local club, the GHMA (Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association), did a superb job as host. Everyone was so nice, friendly and helpful. The only downside, was on Saturday, just after 12:15, the skies opened up (and I mean opened). This happened just as I was being judged (I was in class MB-Modified 1994-2008 Exclude Undercarriage). I had EVERYTHING out of the car (cover, towels, Dyson handheld, etc) and it all got drenched. Lost all towels that weren't in a bag, and several magazines I had out. Well, after a 20 minute deluge, the skies opened, and the day was beautiful. Judging continued and they came back and finished with me. For those not in MCA, you don't compete with another car, but against the yourself in a point system. I was nervous as there were modified cars with tens of thousands of $$ more mods than I had, and I didn't think I had a shot. But that Friday and Saturday, I spend a total of 15 hours cleaning every single spot on my car (the inside of the rims were spotless). Once Saturday's show ended, went back to hotel, to get ready for a trip to the CN Tower, and we would be back Sunday for the awards.

Much to my suprise, I actually placed 1st in Modified class, by earning enough points to qualify!! I couldn't believe it. Needless to say, I was shocked they called my name. I guess all the sweat of cleaning the car that long paid off. I tell you, attending and entering an MCA show is alot of fun. Stressful, but fun, as you meet so many wonderful people who share the same love you do. If there is a national show coming to your area, head on over. Even if you don't enter, its still a great show to walk around. You will see cars that you will NEVER see again, trust me on that. There were cars there that were UNREAL!!! Pics are below in the link. I tried to get every Mustang that was there Saturday, but could only get about 250 shots or so. Just didn't have enough time to get them all in. Hope you all like the pics.

And check out the 1 pic I posted below. Its the car all taped up before the long drive, lol. I gotta get 3M to sponsor me .

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/d...08%20Oakville/
Attached Thumbnails Mustang Club of America Canada Show! LOTS OF PICS!!!-painterstape.jpg  

Last edited by 05fordgt; 8/7/08 at 09:33 AM.
Old 8/7/08, 09:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Awesome pics and congrats on the win. Glad to see that out of all those cars none looked like mine. I wish I had registered in time for that event. Then again, I wouldn't have had the time to detail my car that much, drive 3 hours and then detail it all over again.
Old 8/7/08, 09:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Awesome pics and congrats on the win. Glad to see that out of all those cars none looked like mine. I wish I had registered in time for that event. Then again, I wouldn't have had the time to detail my car that much, drive 3 hours and then detail it all over again.
Thanks bud. I was feeling the same as you, about no other cars that looked similar. While there were a few in Vista Blue with stripes, none had the ducktail like mine and NO ONE had Shelby Wheels on their cars. That is what I was getting the most compliments and chatting about the most with passers by. Those and the trunk lid mat.
Old 8/7/08, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great pictures. I didn't see any T8's in there though =(
Old 8/7/08, 01:09 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Any idea where these taillights came from?

Old 8/7/08, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TMSBrad

Brad if you look real close to the trunk part,you can tell that those are the real '67 Shelby lights,they must a took the lights and then made a panel and a lot of cutting and welding to get that look,which is very nice. Very good body work!
Old 8/7/08, 01:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Brad, I spoke in depth with the owner of this car and his business partner who brought the white/red car. They own a fabricating business and make this whole kit for you. You have to replace your trunk lid, with their fiberglass piece, which is all one piece with the spoiler. Also needed is their bumper, which is a concoction of a Saleen and their own build up. He told me the entire kit costs around $3,000 without paint, or $4,000 painted and installed. Not a bad price really, considering all the custom work done to this piece.

He also explained to me, when I asked about round exhaust pipes. They will make the bumper fit any type of exhaust you have. The white car had side exhausts, and this has the Saleen rectangular tail pipes. So no worries on that. The reverse lights are actual '67 Shelby reverse lights. When the car was leaving on Friday, it looks SICK with the turn signals on. They do sequence, and slowly, I may add, just like the old ones!! If I didn't just add a whole new rear bumper, I would have considered this.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 8/7/08 at 02:03 PM.
Old 8/7/08, 02:01 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Brad, I spoke in depth with the owner of this car and his business partner who brought the white/red car. They own a fabricating business and make this whole kit for you. You have to replace your trunk lid, with their fiberglass piece, which is all one piece with the spoiler. Also needed is their bumper, which is a concoction of a Saleen and their own build up. He told me the entire kit costs around $3,000 without paint, or $4,000 painted and installed. Not a bad price really. He also explained to me, when I asked about round exhaust pipes. The white car had side exhausts, and this has the Saleen rectangular tail pipes. The reverse lights are actual '67 Shelby reverse lights. When the car was leaving on Friday, it looks SICK with the turn signals on. They do sequence, and slowly, I may add, just like the old ones!! If I didn't just add a whole new rear bumper, I would have considered this.
What company is it?
Old 8/7/08, 02:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

What company is it?
I gotta get the business card that was in my car. I'll let you know soon. He's out of Canada, obviously. . If I can't find it, I know a few freinds of mine took his card.

Just sent a text message to my friend, who I believe did get his card.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 8/7/08 at 02:16 PM.
Old 8/7/08, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Brad, I spoke in depth with the owner of this car and his business partner who brought the white/red car. They own a fabricating business and make this whole kit for you. You have to replace your trunk lid, with their fiberglass piece, which is all one piece with the spoiler. Also needed is their bumper, which is a concoction of a Saleen and their own build up. He told me the entire kit costs around $3,000 without paint, or $4,000 painted and installed. Not a bad price really, considering all the custom work done to this piece.

He also explained to me, when I asked about round exhaust pipes. They will make the bumper fit any type of exhaust you have. The white car had side exhausts, and this has the Saleen rectangular tail pipes. So no worries on that. The reverse lights are actual '67 Shelby reverse lights. When the car was leaving on Friday, it looks SICK with the turn signals on. They do sequence, and slowly, I may add, just like the old ones!! If I didn't just add a whole new rear bumper, I would have considered this.
I'd be interested in this also,but $3,000-$4,000 is alot for trunk lid and rear bumper. But ,would be the perfect finish to my LNR look.
Old 8/7/08, 09:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by flamin ponyexpress
I'd be interested in this also,but $3,000-$4,000 is alot for trunk lid and rear bumper. But ,would be the perfect finish to my LNR look.
At 1st, I too thought it was a little high in price. Then I realized its made by a small company, and they aren't like CDC, who crank out tens of thousands of pieces, but rather make these when needed. So really, its a custom piece made for the owner of the car.
Old 8/8/08, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

You are right, this is a special body kit made in Canada it's not only the taillights, if you guys need more info send me a PM I'll send you the details.

The designer and owner of that shop is my buddy so I can help you out.

It's not that expensive whn you think that you have a full rear end plus LED sequential lights which are not cheap also but it's a unique look and contrary to kits that re-use the trunk lid and bumper this one looks like an OEM design.

BTW The Mineral grey convertible on the right in the picture is mine.....

Last edited by Dineau; 8/8/08 at 11:36 AM.
Old 8/8/08, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dineau
You are right, this is a special body kit made in Canada it's not only the taillights, if you guys need more info send me a PM I'll send you the details.

The designer and owner of that shop is my buddy so I can help you out.

It's not that expensive whn you think that you have a full rear end plus LED sequential lights which are not cheap also but it's a unique look and contrary to kits that re-use the trunk lid and bumper this one looks like an OEM design.

BTW The Mineral grey convertible on the right in the picture is mine.....
Hey Dineau, I see in your avatar pic, you got a trophy. CONGRATS!! What class were you in? And let me know what your buddy's name is. I am kicking around this mod (emphasis on the words "Kicking Around"). Does he have a website? If so, shoot me over a PM. Again, congrats on placing at the MCA No Boarders Show!
Old 8/8/08, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

No he dosn't have a website and unfortunately the owner of this shop "FGP, that's the name" does not speak english and that explain why you don't see him around on the forum. The guy with the red car that you spoke is one of it's customer. I have work on those cars with him and I can give you alot o details if you want or relay any of your questions.

Dean

Last edited by Dineau; 8/8/08 at 03:02 PM.
Old 8/11/08, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

And check out the 1 pic I posted below. Its the car all taped up before the long drive, lol. I gotta get 3M to sponsor me .

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/d...08%20Oakville/

Hey Jeff, how was it to remove all that tape, did it left some glue ?
Old 8/12/08, 08:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dineau
Hey Jeff, how was it to remove all that tape, did it left some glue ?
Not at all bud! Thats what is so great about painters tape. Its have VERY light adhesion, and leaves ZERO residue. It only took about 5 minutes to take off. It makes the drive home less stressful, especially when your behind large semi-trucks.
Old 8/12/08, 01:52 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Dang, might have to do that. Considering CDC charges close to $1,000 for the shaker kit, $3,000 for all that fabrication work isn't too bad.
Old 8/12/08, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Dang, might have to do that. Considering CDC charges close to $1,000 for the shaker kit, $3,000 for all that fabrication work isn't too bad.
Hey Adrenaline, I believe he said $3,000 for the entire kit, and you paint and get it installed yourself. I may be mistaken (as his english wasn't the best, as Dineau mentioned), but that is what stuck in my head. And a tip, I wouldn't paint the top of the bumper black. Just keep the panel black, as I think it would look better.