2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang All-American?

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/06, 06:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustang All-American?

I just was reading the September issue of Playboy magazine (yes, I do read the articles ) and there was a clip on the Ford Mustang. It says that 65% of the Mustangs components come from the US and Canada - and it then compared that to the Toyota Sienna - 90% of its parts are from the US and Canada.

Just thought that it was interesting and figured I would share...
Old 8/6/06, 06:36 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What matters is whose hands hold the profit.
Old 8/6/06, 06:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49282
Old 8/6/06, 07:09 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Top Ten All-American Imports

http://autobytel.espn.go.com/content...le_id_int/1965
Old 8/7/06, 07:19 AM
Cobra Member

What do you think all of those guys sneakin' across the boarder are carrying? Mustang parts...

Just kidding. This makes me so furious that I'm going to trade in my Stang for a real American car... a Toyota mini-van.

I could care less. It's still a Mustang.
Old 8/7/06, 08:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking at window stickers the other day at a dealer, some of the cars said Engine from Germany, and Transmission from France??? go figure.
Old 8/8/06, 12:37 PM

I purchased my daughter a Toyota last week. The sticker said 80% American, 15% Japanese, and 5% other.
I own two Fords because they were the best cars for my money.

As far as the "buy american" thing. Do you guys believe other countries should not buy our products? Ford has a huge business in western europe. Should they only sell in america? What about Intel? Microsoft? France is a great example of what happens when a country protects home industries. What was the last time you thought of purchasing a french product? Can you even name a competitive French product? How about naming ANY French product other than Renault and Citroen? (Brie is not a product )
Old 8/8/06, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

French fries and French toast. Those dudes have that market cornered!
Old 8/8/06, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fryguy
I just was reading the September issue of Playboy magazine (yes, I do read the articles ) and there was a clip on the Ford Mustang. It says that 65% of the Mustangs components come from the US and Canada - and it then compared that to the Toyota Sienna - 90% of its parts are from the US and Canada.

Just thought that it was interesting and figured I would share...
I read the articles to and saw the same thing. At least I saw it when I opened that page.
Old 8/8/06, 07:02 PM

I think the writer got mixed up anyways. He meant to say that the center fold was 90% natural and 10% foreign made.......
Old 8/9/06, 05:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dzzzz
I think the writer got mixed up anyways. He meant to say that the center fold was 90% natural and 10% foreign made.......
Old 8/9/06, 05:46 AM
Banned

They could have made this version of the mustang in singapore and I still would have bought it!
Old 8/9/06, 09:14 AM
V6 Member

I used to work at Honda......don't believe everything you hear.
Almost nearly most of the majority....ok I'm done...of the suppliers to Japanese companies ARE Japanese. They followed the Japanese car makers to America to be suppliers to the Honda's, Toyota's...etc.
So even though they are American based companies....they are still Japanese owned and operated, and the Higher-ups are Mostly if not all Japanese who are here for a 5 year stay due to citizenship regulations.
They just keep circulating from Japan.
It doesn't bother me at all because they DO create jobs for us lazy Americans and they DO appreciate how good we have it hear.
Old 8/9/06, 12:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by clintoris
What do you think all of those guys sneakin' across the boarder are carrying? Mustang parts...

Just kidding. This makes me so furious that I'm going to trade in my Stang for a real American car... a Toyota mini-van.

I could care less. It's still a Mustang.
Watch it!!! When I get my Mustang this week it will be parked next to my wife's 06 Sienna!
Old 8/10/06, 01:07 PM
V6 Member

hey YOU watch it.......
my stang is parked between my Audi and the wife's lexus.
Audi will be gone tomorrow though.....end of lease.
gonna be a sad day...
good thing I have a Stang to cheer me up!!!!
god bless us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 8/10/06, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wally10
It doesn't bother me at all because they DO create jobs for us lazy Americans and they DO appreciate how good we have it hear.
Lazy Americans???.....This is probably the hardest working country in the world...(for the people who do choose to work)....This country was built on hard work.......That's why we have it so good......we work for it...
Old 8/10/06, 05:09 PM
GT Member

Lazy Boys

If it weren't for our daughters we probably wouldn't even meet
any lazy American boys.
Old 8/10/06, 06:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Almost nearly most of the majority....ok I'm done...of the suppliers to Japanese companies ARE Japanese. They followed the Japanese car makers to America to be suppliers to the Honda's, Toyota's...etc.
So even though they are American based companies....they are still Japanese owned and operated, and the Higher-ups are Mostly if not all Japanese who are here for a 5 year stay due to citizenship regulations.
I used to work at Toyota(TFS) for a short period of time. They, Toyota, are using this "We're more american than american companies" as a strategy to become no 1, NASCAR... do you think they'd be allowed in if everything was still made in Japan ? IMO it's a marketing campaign to gain acceptance

There can be American located Factories, Parts houses and suppliers but he is right, it's all directed by Japan. At Toyota there it was known that executive management was Japanese, period. Could Ford do that ? and don't get me started on the fact that 80% of their employees (their numbers said to me) are Contractors.. they pay well up front but no benefits, retirement, associate benefits(perks). I can see UAW handling that real well.
Old 8/11/06, 01:30 AM
GT Member

that says it all. i work for Honda and all of our parts are either made by Honda or by other Japanese based companys that operate over here. Not to mention we send Japanese management from our plant to all the supplier plants to make sure they are making the parts right and on time.
Old 8/11/06, 08:36 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by black sunshine
Lazy Americans???.....This is probably the hardest working country in the world...(for the people who do choose to work)....This country was built on hard work.......That's why we have it so good......we work for it...
HEY....I didn't mean to offend the hard working Americans, because I am one. This country was built on hard work 40 or 50 years ago. Japan was also built on hard work (more recently) A-lot harder work than Americans are capable of today which is why they maintain control of their company and they treat employees fairly and with respect so they don't fall into U A W hands which will bring the company spiralling downward.

Quick Reply: Mustang All-American?