2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Most Satisfying Vehicle to Own

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/06, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninety-five percent of Prius owners said they would buy one again. Among Corvette owners, 93 percent said they would buy the car again.

The Prius is a gasoline/electric hybrid vehicle that runs partly on electricity generated by its gasoline engine. The Corvette is General Motors' iconic two-seat sports car.

The Ford Mustang GT, another iconic American performance car, claimed third place in owner satisfaction rankings.
Old 3/5/06, 05:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

what is the source of this information?
Old 3/5/06, 06:05 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ March 5, 2006, 7:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
what is the source of this information?
[/b][/quote]
I just read those same results in my latest edition of Consumer Reports.
Old 3/5/06, 08:03 PM
GT Member

Let's see what that survey says in two years when they only
poll the 05+ owners. I wonder what would happen as we need
to remember that this Mustang brought in many folks who never
had a Mustang or even any Ford before.

I hope to see equal or better percentages than the current percentag.
By the way....what was the percentage for the Mustang?
Old 3/5/06, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

The Detroit News has the info too.
Old 3/5/06, 09:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FordFun @ March 5, 2006, 8:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Let's see what that survey says in two years when they only
poll the 05+ owners. I wonder what would happen as we need
to remember that this Mustang brought in many folks who never
had a Mustang or even any Ford before.

I hope to see equal or better percentages than the current percentag.
By the way....what was the percentage for the Mustang?
[/b][/quote]

I would NOT have bought a Mustang before the S197.
Old 3/5/06, 10:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think I would be satisfied with the Mustang GT, If it would ever come in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And the Prius owners prolly would buy one again because there's no real comparison for fuel economy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] Give them competition and that'll drop.
Old 3/5/06, 10:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 5, 2006, 9:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think I would be satisfied with the Mustang GT, If it would ever come in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
OOOH any day now or oops lost in transit through the transporter from star-trek . kidding
Old 3/5/06, 11:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Love the car, but my dealer and Ford Corporate make me sick. I have never EVER gotten so much junk mail offers, ever after SAYING NO numerous times and telling them to stop sending me crap. I got tired of it and wrote a letter to Ford. Anyone else experience this?
Old 3/6/06, 12:35 AM

No, my disappointments come entirely from my service department. I go to a GM/Chevorlet Dealer/service or Sears Auto for anything other than warranty issues.
Old 3/10/06, 07:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Patience @ March 5, 2006, 5:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ninety-five percent of Prius owners said they would buy one again.
[/b][/quote]
Wonder what those Prius owners will say when it comes time to change those batteries...
Old 3/10/06, 11:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TehSLeeper @ March 6, 2006, 1:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Love the car, but my dealer and Ford Corporate make me sick. I have never EVER gotten so much junk mail offers, ever after SAYING NO numerous times and telling them to stop sending me crap. I got tired of it and wrote a letter to Ford. Anyone else experience this?
[/b][/quote]

ONly stuff I get is from my dealership and it usually contains some sort of coupon for a free oil change or something like that, got one thing from Ford asking me about not buying the extened warranty but that was it.
Old 3/11/06, 12:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if Prius owners still feel that way after realizing it will barely get within 20mpg of its rating [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

And man do I hate getting stuck behind the speed bump that is a Prius owner in traffic. They always try to keep in in electric by going 0-25mph in 34 seconds Its not THAT COOL IDIOT, MOVE IT! Can't (not) hear it over the AC/DC blasting anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 08:30 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enfynet @ March 6, 2006, 2:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No, my disappointments come entirely from my service department. I go to a GM/Chevorlet Dealer/service or Sears Auto for anything other than warranty issues.
[/b][/quote]

Sears SUCKS! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] I will NEVER buy anything or have any service done by Sears ever again! Sears Auto Service tried to screw my daughter on replacing her serpentine belt. They found the reason for the bad belt was a bad idler pulley, so they replaced the pulley, too. No problem with that, but then they charged full labor for replacing the belt AND full labor for replacing the pulley! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] You can't replace the pulley w/o R&R on the belt, so they were double-dipping on the labor. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] I went in to get this corrected for her and had to debate the issue with the manager for almost an hour. When he finally gave in it wasn't because he agreed they were wrong, it was because I threatened to take the issue to a higher level. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] I have several other examples/experiences along the same lines in other areas with Sears as well. If that's the way Sears does business, my family will have nothing to do with them ever again! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 01:34 PM

Wow, yeah I don't think I would deal with them if they did that to me. 99% of my business with them has been wheels, tires, and alignments. Most of the other work I either do myself, or take it to a family friend that has been our mechanic for years.
Old 3/11/06, 09:20 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts
I dunno, but in my book, this is the most fun car Ive ever had- and for the money, its pretty well put together too. Corvette probably faster and such, but its a 2 seater and I have kids and a budget- let alone, it just dont call out to me looks wise- I like the new camaro look better, sorry corvette fans...
prius? you couldnt give me one of them- and I kinda think they might cost as much as a mustang too...paying 20-25 k for an econobox for mileage reasons? I never saw how that is truly economical, and would think the strength/weight ratio would make safety a touchy subject. no thanks. I'd rather drive something that looked like a mustang even If I had to shovel coal into it for fuel.

I think where consumer reports misses the point to car guys: its not about being content- like yeah, our windstar has been a good car- but its about passion...I dont love the windstar, but I love the mustang. The windstar is a better vehicle for our family- but the mustang is fun, and wouldnt trade driving it for anything...Vette owners probably love their cars the same way, prius owners? I dont think theres much passion there, just the ' I can drive all week on 5 bucks' (I know people like that) type of general transportation folks... apples and oranges. Cars like the vette,camaro,challenger,mustang, all have the look/sound/performance that most car guys(and gals) can easily fall in love with.
prius???some might like the economics of it, and it would still beat walking, but love? dont think so. people 'loved' their frugal pintos and vegas back in the 70's too...how many of them are still around? the new mustang IS a future 'classic', the prius, a future refrigerator. big difference. Bet in 25 years 50% of the mustangs survive, maybe 5% of prius'. 25 years from now, prius owners will not even remember the car, or the few dollars it saved them, mustang owners will look back and smile- man I enjoyed that car, and wearing it out was the most fun Ive ever had...to me thats quality time second only to family quality time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 07:36 AM
V6 Member

I'll smoke a Prius!

-Haze
Old 3/12/06, 12:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I love my Mustang GT and the service had been good too!
Old 3/12/06, 01:49 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I expected more satisfaction from F-Series owners.

Quick Reply: Most Satisfying Vehicle to Own