2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

More Tuner Woes

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/07, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Tuner Woes

Well I still have not heard back from Doug....and now my Car isnt just running like a Pig.....it's Tossing Fault Codes at me now.....does any one know what the Codes EFF BLW THRE 1 & 2 are???? This just started today.....I put the Pypes O/R X-Pipe on two weeks ago....and have not been happy with it...or the Tunes ever since.....the car has been a Dog ....sounds like someone stuck a Foot up a Goats **** when you get on it too.....Baaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! No Power......shifts erratic.....and now it throws Error Codes.....I need some Help Here.....and am not getting it from my Tuner.....any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Old 9/5/07, 09:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Go over to Tillman and he will help you out, my tunes from Doug are running WAY on the lean side and i think i might have hurt my engine already, but it is still good. I am going to use CR's tune till i can get ahold of Doug. CR opens at 8 AM our time so i recommend giving him a call first thing in the morning and your tune should be in your e-mail by the afternoon
Old 9/5/07, 09:11 PM

Thanks.....do you have a clue what the Codes are??? I think that they are O2 Sensor Codes....but they are supposed to have been shut off by Bama.....go figure!!
Old 9/5/07, 10:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah doug turns off the O2 sensors on all his tunes, but i know he has been busy and it might be showing, i am still loyal to his tuning but i am going to bring it to his attention that the tunes are off.

I do not know what could be causing these problems but it could be your O2 sensors. What are the exact codes that are showing up, PM your e-mail and i will send all the OBDII codes for our cars
Old 9/5/07, 10:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

here is the link to CR's contact info
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/member.php?u=14658
Old 9/6/07, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
What are the exact codes that are showing up, PM your e-mail and i will send all the OBDII codes for our cars
The codes that come up on my SCT X-Cal 2 are as shown...... EFF BLW THRE 1 & EFF BLW THRE 2 ...thats all it says

I loved the Tunes when I first Installed them....they were HOT....but after I went on my Vacation back Home..... the trouble started....and I had to start re-Loading the Tunes time after time.....and now this?????
Old 9/6/07, 05:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Save yourself alot of headache and call Brenspeed; they will know and can fix you up right away. Plus you'll probably get right through on the call, instead of having to wait.
Old 9/6/07, 12:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

same goes for tillman, when i called him he picked up after a few rings and that has happened every time i called him
Old 9/11/07, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks fellas! Hope the tunes are going well. We are also shipping SCT XCalibrator 3 as well. http://apdperformance.com/728-3000.html Let us know if you need any help at all!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Dynojet 224xLC
Old 9/11/07, 01:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Ira, if your car was running too lean, the wrench light would have came on or it would have thrown an error code saying "too lean". I believe it happened to someone else on here. The computers can read when the program is running too lean and will go to default mode so no damage has happened to your motor. If you haven't had this happen yet, your still in good shape.
Old 9/11/07, 01:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dude all i can say is awesome, for having an auto, I chirpped the wheels in 2nd and 3rd, i have never done that before. Plus with your tune i could feel the low-end torque (even from a stop sign, it wanted to take off hardcore on me) plus it felt like my car WANTS to go past 100 and sometimes i have to make sure to look down before i get a ticket
Old 9/11/07, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

hey jeff, i do not know, but for some reason i was running 15.2 a/f in some RPM and alot said i should get the tune tweaked to bring it down to 13 and high 12
Old 9/11/07, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

VMPtuning.com! Justin's tunes are the best.
Old 9/11/07, 08:39 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
Dude all i can say is awesome, for having an auto, I chirpped the wheels in 2nd and 3rd, i have never done that before. Plus with your tune i could feel the low-end torque (even from a stop sign, it wanted to take off hardcore on me) plus it felt like my car WANTS to go past 100 and sometimes i have to make sure to look down before i get a ticket
Sweet! I had a guy call me today to DEtune his car. He chirped into reverse with out 87 octane tune, and now I'M the bad guy!

Well regardless I'm glad you're satisfied. Remember tune updates are free. Hit me up if you ever change your setup.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 9/11/07, 09:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Save yourself alot of headache and call Brenspeed; they will know and can fix you up right away. Plus you'll probably get right through on the call, instead of having to wait.
+1 No problems and Brent is always quick to respond
Old 9/12/07, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by yankeemongiat
Well I still have not heard back from Doug....and now my Car isnt just running like a Pig.....it's Tossing Fault Codes at me now.....does any one know what the Codes EFF BLW THRE 1 & 2 are???? This just started today.....I put the Pypes O/R X-Pipe on two weeks ago....and have not been happy with it...or the Tunes ever since.....the car has been a Dog ....sounds like someone stuck a Foot up a Goats **** when you get on it too.....Baaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! No Power......shifts erratic.....and now it throws Error Codes.....I need some Help Here.....and am not getting it from my Tuner.....any assistance would be greatly appreciated

This seems to happen ALL the time. When some of these "tuners" first start out they are on the forums, chiming in, helping out. You can get ahold of them easily. Then all of a sudden they get popular, business picks up and they forget who got them there.......US, THE CUSTOMERS.
A good example is James at Runnin With the Devil. I originally purchased my tunes for my cobra from him when he was still small and growing. Then all of a sudden, I had to wait for weeks to get anything from him. So I took my business somewhere else.
The best message you can send these vendors is to take your business away from them and QUIT recommending them. When the money starts to dry up it WILL get their attention.
TillmanSpeed seems to be on the boards ALL the time and is quick to respond to issues and concerns. I have never purchased anything from them but it's just an observation. Time will tell.
Old 9/12/07, 10:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
This seems to happen ALL the time. When some of these "tuners" first start out they are on the forums, chiming in, helping out. You can get ahold of them easily. Then all of a sudden they get popular, business picks up and they forget who got them there.......US, THE CUSTOMERS.
A good example is James at Runnin With the Devil. I originally purchased my tunes for my cobra from him when he was still small and growing. Then all of a sudden, I had to wait for weeks to get anything from him. So I took my business somewhere else.
The best message you can send these vendors is to take your business away from them and QUIT recommending them. When the money starts to dry up it WILL get their attention.
TillmanSpeed seems to be on the boards ALL the time and is quick to respond to issues and concerns. I have never purchased anything from them but it's just an observation. Time will tell.
I'll vouch for CR at Tillman. He's a stand up guy, who will help with anything. No worries from him. Hey CR, I heard Paul mentioning you want to contact me about some show in November? Hit me up via PM when you get a chance.
Old 9/12/07, 11:26 AM
GT Member

I have a problem finding people who are responsive who will work with a Diablesport/Predator tuner. I should have bought an SCT but impulsively went with the Diablo.....does anyone have someone they could recommend for me?
Old 9/12/07, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks for the kind words!

Jeff, will be calling you within 2 weeks. We're going to do a S197-only show. It would be cool if you guys could make it out to our new building!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 9/12/07, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear this time and time again about Doug. Not being able to get a hold of him and it is what has prevented me from ordering a SCT with tunes from him. I understand he is one guy but when people have issue like the OP and he has repeatedly sent Doug and email and still no reply that is down right unacceptable. Maybe send him and Email with "URGENT CAR IS JACKED UP HELP!!!" as the Title might get his attention.

I have a question did your problem start after the installation of the O/R pipe and did you get a tune for that? Also why would Doug turn the upstream oxygen sensors off? This make szero sense.

Richard

Quick Reply: More Tuner Woes