2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

More dealer lies (McCrackin Ford - Pittsburgh, PA

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/04, 08:46 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McCrackin Ford (located in the North Hills area of Pittsburgh, PA) has a Black GT 5-spd with no options...JUST WHAT I WANT!!!

However, they are asking 3K over MSRP for this car and more than that for cars with various options.

I spoke to Mary Mendis (Internet Sales Consultant) and she told me that the Mustang GTs are limited run cars and they will remain that way through their entire production run. She said they will never reach the same production numbers as the last generation Mustangs and therefore the price adjustment is justified.

I politely told her I was not interested and hung up!

I've also had issues with 2 other dealers (Washington Ford and Moon Township Ford) who promised me test drives - only to back out after I drive the 30+ minutes to their showrooms.

If you're from the Pittsburgh area - I recommend South Village Ford - ask for John Hritz - although this dealer has not been able to get me behind the wheel yet - John has been very upfront with me and has not fed me any bull-crap. This dealer is under new ownership and they haven't seen the volume of GTs like some other dealers in the area - not sure why - but like I said - John has been very truthful and hasn't broken any promises to me.

It seems all their GTs are already sold - but John has given me a heads-up when the few have come in so I can quickly check out the various colors. I've seen the Legend Lime, Windveil Blue, Black and Redfire. And I'm sold on the black!!! It's only a matter of time.

peace out,

A-Rex (a former WRX owner looking for a v-8) B)
Old 12/29/04, 08:54 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just tell her
"I know Boomer, thats wrong...your stupid"
and hang up
Old 12/29/04, 04:01 PM

I bought my wifes 02 ford escape there and didnt have any problems thats strange but then again My dad knows the owner but thats bs what they where telling you
Old 12/29/04, 04:40 PM
GTR Member

Gt mustangs, limited production.
Limited productions GTs, Yah Right!
These things aren't machs or cobras or Cobra Rs or shelbys or saleens or roushs or steedas.
WOW, They are full of it.
Old 12/29/04, 04:45 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Boomer@December 29, 2004, 9:57 AM
Just tell her
"I know Boomer, thats wrong...your stupid"
and hang up
LMAO!!!

Thats hilarious. I would say a little bit more than that.
It would go a little like this..... :notnice: :nono: :scratch: :bang: :crazy:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would be mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12/29/04, 04:58 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
yeah, dealers like that anger me.
Its like this vein in my forhead starts to pulsate and I get this twitch..

I'd love to see the look on a dealers face if you just after listening to their load of bunk...pause for a second and then yell

"Your a stupid doo-doohead, and you're full of kaka!"

Limited edition bull...
Old 12/29/04, 05:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been asked to leave a dealership after calling them on there BS.
I was told that they could not tell me the price they paid for a car (94 mustang back in 94)because the computers are down. So I said so others could here. "You mean that all these folk's that are sitting here buying cars can't complete deals tonight because the computer is down?"I was standing next to a row of people sitting and negotiating deals. I may have been out of line but I did not make a big deal about it or raise my vice to a yell.It was just raised a little.Just enough that the folks that were with in about 5 feet of me heard what I said.I just hate to be treated like I don't know what's up.I'm the kind of guy that will tell you if I don't know something and not try to BS my way around things.
Old 12/30/04, 07:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by A-Rex@December 29, 2004, 9:49 AM
I spoke to Mary Mendis (Internet Sales Consultant) and she told me that the Mustang GTs are limited run cars and they will remain that way through their entire production run.
Funny, I talked with a girl (Lisa, I think) and she told me that the GT's would not come out until January 2005. That was back in Oct after some had already shipped.

I recommend South Village Ford ... has been very upfront with me and has not fed me any bull-crap
That is a different story than what I have. I went to South Village Ford in July and ordered mine. I kept asking for a DORA or some other paperwork acknowleding my order. They said it hasn't come in yet but it should soon. I even asked the Sales Manager. Then in Oct I talked to the Sales Manager's boss. He finally informed me that he did not have any allocations for my order and he probably won't get any for another month. He did not offer to change one of his orders to match what I wanted. Heck he had 3 months to change his order.

I did not feel that was very truthful. I understand the salesmen don't always know what is going on with orders, but I figured the Sales Manager or his boss would be able to tell me something and not wait for 3 months before telling me the truth.

On a good note, I asked for my deposit back during that last phone conversation. It was ready by the time I stopped by.

I called Jim Bortz at Tom Clark Ford and that salesman adjusted his existing order to match what I wanted, then he gave me a PIN number to buy on X-plan (this was due to a unique situation). The car came in about three weeks after I first talked to him.
Old 12/30/04, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

Kluski,

Thats cool that every thing worked out for you. Maybe the reason John (from South Village Ford) was cool with me was cause he use to sell Suby's and I told him I'm going from a WRX to a Mustang GT - I explained my time frame and what I want to do and John has been nothing but upfront with me. A lot of info he gave me was right on with what I was hearing on this board.

I did stop in there a few weeks earlier and another salesman fed me a bunch of crap about the GT not being available until Jan. '05 and what-not - I just walked away. (GTs were already out at this time).

I wonder if your issue with South Village Ford AND the fact they haven't had many GTs roll through their showroom is because they are under new management??? - maybe the previous ownership and FordMoCo did not get along??? Who knows - I guess they're a hit or miss dealer - depends on who you work with. All I know is John has been cool with me and he'll get the first crack at my business - I owe him that for his honesty.

- A-Rex
Old 12/30/04, 08:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats good that it is working out for you.

I think with any place you go to, you could find someone to say something good and another to say something bad.

Actually they were nice when we talked. One guy even offered me a job. Even after I picked up the deposit refund, he said that offer still stands.
Old 12/30/04, 09:48 AM

A-Rex, if you don't mind driving a couple hours, Midtown Motors in Warren has 2 gt's in stock. Bob Borden quoted me approx. $800 under msrp for one of them.
Old 12/30/04, 10:09 AM

MEL HAMBELTON FORD here in Wichita KS are marking their's way up. Next to the actual sticker price was a little ink-jet-printout-sticker saying that they were adding $7,500 to the MSRP for "market adjustment rate"
that pushed the final price to a low, low $34,xxx...
Old 12/30/04, 10:36 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Fordracing200@December 29, 2004, 5:43 PM
Gt mustangs, limited production.
Limited productions GTs, Yah Right!
These things aren't machs or cobras or Cobra Rs or shelbys or saleens or roushs or steedas.
WOW, They are full of it.
Well technically they are limited, otherwise they would be unlimited.
Old 12/30/04, 12:39 PM
GT Member

I sat in a Black GT in the showroom of Shultz Ford in Pittsburgh. Through the course of talkin to the salesman I was told that McCracken Ford on McKnight Road was dealer-trading every dealer in the area for Mustang GT's, so they could have a monopoly over GT sales. Because of the monopoly, they control the price- allowing for the 3 thousand over MSRP to happen.