2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

More confusion on Premier Trim from kbb.com

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/06 | 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

More confusion on Premier Trim from kbb.com

kbb.com has '07 options and prices listed so I went in to price my car and to see if their description of options would shed any light on exactly what the seats in the premier trim package would look like.

Here's how it's described on KBB:

(N/A Base Deluxe or Shelby GT500) (N/A w/California Special Pkg-54C or Pony Pkg-54P) (Req's Upgrade Pkg-18G, Seats-K & Radio-912 or 918) (Req's Black w/Parchment-C, Dove-D, Red-R or Chamois-4 Accents Interior Color) Includes Charcoal Leather Instrument Panel, Carpeting & Center Console Cover; Black Leather Surfaced Seat Trim w/Color Accents; Matching Color Accents on Door Trim Panel Inserts & Floor Mats; Aluminum Pedals & Bright Shift **** (Manual Trans) or Satin Aluminum Shifter (Auto Trans).

The things I noticed immediately:

1. Charcoal LEATHER instrument panel (nice!)
2. If I read it correctly, it looks like the console cover is also leather??
3. And what does "Black leather surfaced seat trim w/color accents" mean? To me it says "colored inserts" like we've seen in the Shelby pics, but that's not consistent with what Brad posted with the Chamois premier trim pic. I also didn't see anything in there about the bright shift boot trim ring that was in the Chamois pic.
4. Is the "Bright Shift ****" is any different than that which has been in the 05/06 cars?

Now for the strange part....I tried to configure a car like I have on order, i.e. Torch Red with Dk Charcoal premier trim, and KBB's options wouldn't let me do it. If you read the pasted desc above, Dk Charcoal isn't listed as an available color, but it is listed in the order guide and I have the Vehicle Order Confirmation from my dealer showing dark charcoal.
Old 6/10/06 | 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

I think that is an older description, that is not what is described in the order guide. Here's what the order guide says:

"incl. wrapped & stitched IP brow and center console lid, upgraded door arm rests (w/ stitching), and aluminum pedal covers."

I doubt any of the parts are leather since even the leather seats are mostly vinyl (except for the seating surfaces). I had thought all along that the seats were going to be black with red inserts, but after seeing the order guide description and that pic of the chamois interior I'm convinced that Ford changed their minds and are now making the seats all one color. I guess I'll know for sure in about 6 weeks I'm hoping the stitching is color matched, that would be very cool
Old 6/10/06 | 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I'm hoping the stitching is color matched, that would be very cool
I would be so completely happy if you're right. Torch Red/Dark Charcoal with red stitching would be so great! But I highly doubt it'll be that way.
Old 6/11/06 | 04:30 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I doubt any of the parts are leather since even the leather seats are mostly vinyl...
They should be leather, since it is the same package that is in the Shelby, being trickled down into the GT...and the Shelby "wrapping" is definitely leather. I also recall Brad telling us many months ago that Ford was planning to make the leather dash package seen on the early Shelby concept available on future GTs.
Old 6/11/06 | 05:11 PM
V6 Member

Not to sound real stupid but what exactly is the "IP brow"? Is it part of the dash?
Old 6/11/06 | 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

It's the dash pad.
Old 6/13/06 | 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
I would be so completely happy if you're right. Torch Red/Dark Charcoal with red stitching would be so great! But I highly doubt it'll be that way.
It would be cool! The thing that makes me think it --might-- be the case is the wording in the order guide. As mentioned above it says "incl. wrapped & stitched IP brow and center console lid, upgraded door arm rests (w/ stitching), and aluminum pedal covers.", then it also says "Available in 5 interior colors". What's interesting about this is that all dash pads and console covers are black. There are only 3 colors of armrests- graphite, black and parchment. All the "insert" options (black/ parchment, black/ dove, black/ red, black/ chamois) are reported to have black armrests like the current ICAP. So, what part of the option could be available in 5 colors? The stitching is all I can think of. This may be reaching, but it would be great to see something like that. And it's not without precedent in the class, the GTO and Charger Daytona models both have color coordinated stitching. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Old 6/13/06 | 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll have to source a few of those parts like the console cover and possibly the dash if they look good enough. That'd be a nice upgrade.
Old 6/13/06 | 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Bob99b5

4. Is the "Bright Shift ****" is any different than that which has been in the 05/06 cars?
Hey Bob, There was a picture of a 2007 Convertible with the new Chamois interior posted a few weeks back, In that picture there is a picture of both the bright shift bezel, AND the new bright shift ****. From the picture I posted below, it doesn't appear to be the same. It actually looks to be all brushed aluminum or chromed aluminum. I kinda like it, but will save a true opinion until I see a close-up picture. Hooe this helps.
Attached Images  
Old 6/14/06 | 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

The darker IUP is supposed to be released at job 2 of the 2007 production, if I remember correctly from previous posts. I'm waiting on its availabiltiy before considering an order. Hopefully it can be ordered without the premium package, since I'm thinking about cloth.