2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

More commodities issues

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/04, 02:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! Three Texas, Fort Worth guys on one topic! Seems like the Mustang is a real Texas car......
Old 11/18/04, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next up, out of paint!
Old 11/18/04, 03:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Falchion@November 18, 2004, 4:48 PM
Wow! Three Texas, Fort Worth guys on one topic! Seems like the Mustang is a real Texas car......
No doubt about that!

<-- See avatar.
Old 11/18/04, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by GTVroom@November 18, 2004, 3:14 PM
So anyone who doesn't get pulled this week will not be pulled until January?
Not quite that bad. This effects December production. Orders pulled this week were being scheduled for second week of December anyway. Chances are this will dealy getting pulled a few weeks and set your build date into January.

I'll keep you informed as I hear more.
Old 11/18/04, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Paul, thanks again. You should receive some kind of Customer Service Award from FMC for all of your help and concern!
Michael
Old 11/18/04, 04:36 PM
V6 Member

I second that Paul.....you have helped me keep my dealer/salesperson honest as I have been able to call them on a few things so far. Throwing the BS flag is easier when you are powered with knowledge, thanks.
Old 11/18/04, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

So that herd of suits running from the Ford Company Headquarters today was really all of the Beancounters on the Ford project that didn't even come within 7 ballparks of the actual sales numbers the 05 Mustang would recieve.
Old 11/18/04, 04:42 PM
GT Member

Hey, thanks for the info! I'm placing my order tonight and I was on the fence about getting a spoiler. This just made the decision for me, no reason to wait longer for something I didn't really care about anyway. Is there anything else in short supply right now? I know the IUP is a little hard to get, but I'm not giving that up.

Thanks,
-Mike
Old 11/18/04, 05:31 PM
V6 Member

I ordered 10/28 and was told to expect mid Feb delivery. Since I have spoiler delete maybe my GT will get here alot sooner.
Old 11/18/04, 06:59 PM
scs

off subject but hey...

Blake:

Your Texas flag is backwards....

unless you are looking at it from the backside...

flip the white and red...

http://www.united-states-flag.com/state-texas.html
Old 11/18/04, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Why?! How can they not make enough Spoilers?! they should be ready to put a spoiler on every mustang GT AND V6! You can't say that they were only expected a certain % of V6 buys to get the ESP In previous years practically all V6 cars had the ESP on them! This is just getting rediculous! The jelly bean counters really messed up with their numbers! So that vent being done does this mean that they will not be able to make Mustangs with the Spoilers in the month of December? I am already being put on hold for ordering IUP!, now this too!
Old 11/18/04, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

So what's the total tally on parts/option shortages?

Spoilers
IUP

Anything else?
Old 11/18/04, 07:35 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by HorsC@November 18, 2004, 9:13 PM
Why?! How can they not make enough Spoilers?! they should be ready to put a spoiler on every mustang GT AND V6! You can't say that they were only expected a certain % of V6 buys to get the ESP In previous years practically all V6 cars had the ESP on them! This is just getting rediculous! The jelly bean counters really messed up with their numbers! So that vent being done does this mean that they will not be able to make Mustangs with the Spoilers in the month of December? I am already being put on hold for ordering IUP!, now this too!
I will bet that one of their suppliers had an equipment failure or something.

Think about it, one of the machines breaks down and it may take a week or more to fix, especailly with some kind of huge breakdown where you might need to wait for a specific part to be made or machined.

With companies going to lean manufacturing, they try not to have much product in stock, so in the event of a huge problem like this, there are not a lot of "reserve" parts to provide a buffer. That's the nature of the game.

upstate: while it would probably help if the Canadain cars got a spoiler delete option to reduce the backlog, because the market is so small, I doubt it would make a significant impact, although it would make my day
Old 11/18/04, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

You know i told my mom about this and she gave me a very interesting perspective. She was like " oh they are just doing that because they are fixing to raise the prices" and i asked her how she knew that b'c shes not an avid reader like myself and she said "oh well i just expect it" And she said her take on it is they "produce" these shortages so that people will cancel there orders thinking they will just wait until the shortages are over...in the meantime the price increases will have taken affect and when people go to reorder their cars They will be spending more money on the car. I know that these shortages are from real shortages but it was just interesting to here my parents take on this, especially sinse they assumingly knew that prices were fixing to get increased.
Old 11/18/04, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I sure hope that doesn't include GT's w/ spoiler delete.
It wasn't THAT specific...

ยท All units with spoilers (GTs and V6s with the Exterior Sport Package) will be COS'ed out for tonight's scheduling.
Does this mean spoiler delete GT's MIGHT get pushed up?

Paul?

Jason
Old 11/18/04, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Ford should fulfill all orders as placed in queue. If they do not have the spoiler available at the time of assembly - build and ship without it. Then apologize to those few unfortunate owners and offer to install it at the dealership at the first (FREE) oil change or reduce the vehicle price by the 'spoiler add' option price.

Functionally, the spoiler on mine is great at cutting headlight glare from the clown too close to your tail in traffic.

Seriously, I'd like to know how it affects performance at high speed. Does anyone know of any data on the same car;clean versus spoiler?
Old 11/18/04, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

And the V6's get crapped on AGAIN!!
Old 11/18/04, 08:46 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by Mustang Ricky@November 18, 2004, 10:26 PM
Ford should fulfill all orders as placed in queue. If they do not have the spoiler available at the time of assembly - build and ship without it. Then apologize to those few unfortunate owners and offer to install it at the dealership at the first (FREE) oil change or reduce the vehicle price by the 'spoiler add' option price.
To do that would be a considerable cost to Ford.

Shipping painted spoilers to dealers all over North America, then having to pay techs labor to install them.

I doubt this hold will last long.
Old 11/18/04, 09:11 PM
GT Member

The supplier is often responsible to bear some portion of the cost, depending on the reason and what they have done to correct the issue.
Old 11/18/04, 09:12 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by StangNut@November 18, 2004, 7:18 PM
Does this mean spoiler delete GT's MIGHT get pushed up?
Man I hope so, just dropped off a deposit for my spoiler deleted GT about an hour ago.

Quick Reply: More commodities issues