hello..
just wanted to share. Here are my mods in the different stages:

*spring/struts/20" wheels

*shelby front fascia, shelby hood, GT/CS rear, shelby spoiler

bolt on performance mods in 2008.
Old 1/13/07, 06:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds good, but I'd first go with 1) CAI w/tuner, 2) exhaust, and then 3) wheels in that order... IMO.
Old 1/13/07, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 that is the way i went, mufflers, some small appearence mods, CAI w/ tuner and i like my fanblades wish they made them wider though
Old 1/13/07, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

thanks steeltown and reddragon.

im going for the exterior mods first...

next year...i'll hit the performance mods when i start to feel that the car is slow
Old 1/13/07, 11:14 PM
GT Member

Yeah, at first I wanted nothing but "appearance" mods first. But since I got a vert, I had to go with the Roll Bar and Exhaust first. Then I hit up the little appearance mods like shorty antenna, tint, blackout panel, Grille, etc. Then when I got my Intake...well.....I loved it. So now if you look at my sig, those are the parts that are bout to go on and possible the Kooks LT/Xpipe Set up. Sp I drifted away from appearance for now and am hitting up the performance side of things.....you should do the same....you'll love it!!!!!!!!
Old 1/13/07, 11:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
+1 that is the way i went, mufflers, some small appearence mods, CAI w/ tuner and i like my fanblades wish they made them wider though
Why don’t you just have your fan blades widened if you like them? This place www.weldcraftwheels.com/ does a great job.

Earl
Old 1/14/07, 07:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LAK3RS
Yeah, at first I wanted nothing but "appearance" mods first. But since I got a vert, I had to go with the Roll Bar and Exhaust first. Then I hit up the little appearance mods like shorty antenna, tint, blackout panel, Grille, etc. Then when I got my Intake...well.....I loved it. So now if you look at my sig, those are the parts that are bout to go on and possible the Kooks LT/Xpipe Set up. Sp I drifted away from appearance for now and am hitting up the performance side of things.....you should do the same....you'll love it!!!!!!!!
Yeah... Mods are addicting. My only advice to Yao, or anyone, is: 1) Do your research, and 2) Get exactly what you want. I've already changed my CAI(GMS to JLTII) and exhaust(Flowmaster to FRPP/Stingers) AND I've only had the car since August... It can get rather expensive...
Old 1/14/07, 07:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LAK3RS
Yeah... Mods are addicting. My only advice to Yao, or anyone, is: 1) Do your research, and 2) Get exactly what you want. I've already changed my CAI(GMS to JLTII) and exhaust(Flowmaster to FRPP/Stingers) AND I've only had the car since August... It can get rather expensive...
Old 1/14/07, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

thanks for the advice

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Hi steeltownstang,
thanks for the good advice. i hope the mods i do i will be happy with and dont change my mind a year from now when i see new rims come out or something.

and yes! this can get expensive and addictive.

thanks again my friend!
Old 1/14/07, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would love to have a CAI/tune, but am concerned about warranty issues. I know this has been dealt with elsewhere, but what are your experiences with dealerships and your mods. I have the RKSport CA dream hood, and it just begs for a CAI. Suggestions?
Old 1/14/07, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by backafter20
I would love to have a CAI/tune, but am concerned about warranty issues. I know this has been dealt with elsewhere, but what are your experiences with dealerships and your mods. I have the RKSport CA dream hood, and it just begs for a CAI. Suggestions?
What ever you do, you can always undo. I have a cai and tune, but if i ever needed work done at a dealer, Im returning the car back to stock.
Old 1/14/07, 10:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 69_gt500
What ever you do, you can always undo. I have a cai and tune, but if i ever needed work done at a dealer, Im returning the car back to stock.
+1... If you want a CAI/w tune, GET IT! You wont be disappointed