2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Military Car Sales

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/05, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm retired Military working for a contractor in the Middle East and ordered an '06 V6 Pony Package Mustang from Military Car Sales in June with a delivery date of mid October, which is about a week after I get back to the States. That works perfect! My question to all who have used them is were you happy with the service, did they deliver on time and how soon before delivery were you notified of the significant dates?

Order Submitted To Factory Date: 5/06/24
Scheduled Factory Production Week Of: 0/00/00
Current Factory Production Date: 0/00/00
Shipped From Factory Date: 0/00/00
Arrival At Final Stateside Destination Date: 0/00/00
Old 8/1/05, 10:46 AM
V6 Member

Well I kind of have mixed feelings about the new car sales. And it could be entirely dependent on who you deal with.

I went in knowing more than they did it seems about the ordering process, still don't have a DORA but I already have a VIN so I've been checking up on it through blueovalforums.com . Their online website still hasn't updated saying I have a scheduled production week, with almost a month passing that I have known about it.

But then again, it was really my only option to get a new stang over here. I'm getting it shipped over on my orders so that saves me several hundred dollars in transportation costs. And it isn't tax'd coming into the UK (which has 17.5% VAT so I'm very glad!)

They gave me a guaranteed delivery (to the port in Baltimore) date of sometime in October, my car is supposed to be produced the week of Aug 8 so they are ahead of schedule in that. I got priority 10 so was pretty happy about that.
Old 8/1/05, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered mine in Korea and so far the experiance has been alright. Sometimes I get the impression that the dealer doesn't know what he is doing and especially doesn't know anything about the new Mustang. I "educate" him whenever we have dealings.

My car is supposed to be ready at the end of November when I return home. All I'm waiting for is pricing for the 64W wheels which is shown when ordering but with no price. The 64E are showing for 245.00! That's a heck of a deal. Everyone on this forum has said that both the 64E&Ws are the same price. If I could just convince them. Once that is settled I'm ready to finalize the deal.

According to the contract if the car is not delivered by the set date then a refund or reimbursment is due the customer.

One issue I am concerned about is how is a dealer that I didn't buy the Mustang from going to be for customer service. Military car sales also guarantee that any disputes will be handled by their offices rather than you and a dealer...sort of a service plan of sorts. If the car is not exactly as you ordered it, it's not delivered on time, or you get orders elsewhere, you get your money back.

For the price...which is pretty good I'm going to give it a try. This will be my first dealings with military car sales. So far, so good.

Caleb, did military car sales provide you with your priority, production date, etc... I'm not sure how that all works through military sales. Obviously they have to provide a VIN to finance the vehilce.

Thanks in advance
Old 8/1/05, 11:19 AM

WOW, that was quick! I thought this was a small market and would take a while to get a reply. So your delivery date is about the same time as mine, ready for a hundred questions? When did you place your order? What's a DORA? How'd you find out your VIN and your priority? I talked to the folks here and e-mailed the folks in the regional office and they seemed like they couldn't be bothered to answer my questions... :shock:
Old 8/1/05, 11:32 AM

Hello Korea and England, Bahrain calling. It seems like the State side guys and gals get more info from their dealerships. I ordered the Pony Package because the the Bullit wheels and tires aftermarket cost almost as much as the whole package...
Old 8/1/05, 11:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Catch22@August 1, 2005, 6:42 PM
I'm retired Military working for a contractor in the Middle East and ordered an '06 V6 Pony Package Mustang from Military Car Sales in June with a delivery date of mid October, which is about a week after I get back to the States. That works perfect! My question to all who have used them is were you happy with the service, did they deliver on time and how soon before delivery were you notified of the significant dates?

Order Submitted To Factory Date: 5/06/24
Scheduled Factory Production Week Of: 0/00/00
Current Factory Production Date: 0/00/00
Shipped From Factory Date: 0/00/00
Arrival At Final Stateside Destination Date: 0/00/00
I put down my deposit on 4/25/05 and was promised a delivery date of October 24. last time I checked with them, it was scheduled to be built on 8/8 with a priority of 10. I got the same deal on the 64E wheels($245). Great thing about them is that once you lock in your purchase the price can only go down. for instance, they have an "estimated uplift" of $700-$800 for the new model year but if the difference is less, then you get it back. I got everything(alarm, IUP, wheel locking kit, shaker 500) with delivery on a premium gt for a little over 27,000. That will probably go down significantly considering what I am reading other people are paying for MSPR.

oh yeah...I also get to test drive the dealers yellow GT on sunday!!! (I am stationed in Germany!!!) Autobahn here I come!!! I guess were going to see exactly how fast she really is.
Old 8/1/05, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

I ordered in early May. I found out my VIN somewhat by accident. I went up to the dealer and was going to get an 05 from one of their lots around the world instead of the 06 (was having terrible issues with my current car and was getting anxious for my stang!), and he happened to look in the computer at my order and the VIN was in there with the scheduled production week.. Needless to say, I was very happy and just kept my order where it was.

I also had the ~$700 uplift on the car and am hoping it goes down because I know the MSRP didn't go up that far on the 06. I'm not betting on it though, because when I mentioned that it had only gone up a few hundred dollars or so they kind of brushed it off. Regardless, it is less than MSRP and once again I'm overseas so I don't have much choice.

My only major regret is that I have to wait for the car to ship over by boat! I'm going to be having nightmares about sea monsters devouring my car!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I saw the priority code on their computer, they didn't tell me but I'm sure you could probably ask them if you really want to know it.
Old 8/1/05, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Catch22@August 1, 2005, 7:22 PM
WOW, that was quick! I thought this was a small market and would take a while to get a reply. So your delivery date is about the same time as mine, ready for a hundred questions? When did you place your order? What's a DORA? How'd you find out your VIN and your priority? I talked to the folks here and e-mailed the folks in the regional office and they seemed like they couldn't be bothered to answer my questions... :shock:
I originally found my vin on the web @ www.encs.com. I know they recently changed their site around, so I dont know how it works anymore. My dealer here gave me a print out last weekend showing the priority and production date. I have had a great experience so far.
Old 8/1/05, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by calvin84@August 1, 2005, 11:44 AM
I put down my deposit on 4/25/05 and was promised a delivery date of October 24. last time I checked with them, it was scheduled to be built on 8/8 with a priority of 10. I got the same deal on the 64E wheels($245). Great thing about them is that once you lock in your purchase the price can only go down. for instance, they have an "estimated uplift" of $700-$800 for the new model year but if the difference is less, then you get it back. I got everything(alarm, IUP, wheel locking kit, shaker 500) with delivery on a premium gt for a little over 27,000. That will probably go down significantly considering what I am reading other people are paying for MSPR.

oh yeah...I also get to test drive the dealers yellow GT on sunday!!! (I am stationed in Germany!!!) Autobahn here I come!!! I guess were going to see exactly how fast she really is.
Hello Germany,
Did you get your delivery date and build week of the Military Sales website or elseware? I agree the pricing is reasonable, I just want to know where you got the info? As I recall there is a nice strech of Autobahn inbetween Trier and K-town that would be awsome to test drive the Mustang...
Old 8/1/05, 12:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Catch22@August 1, 2005, 8:02 PM
Hello Germany,
Did you get your delivery date and build week of the Military Sales website or elseware? I agree the pricing is reasonable, I just want to know where you got the info? As I recall there is a nice strech of Autobahn inbetween Trier and K-town that would be awsome to test drive the Mustang...
I originally got my deliverey date from the Military Sales dealership, I later saw it on the web though. I first got the vin# on their website also. Last weekend I went in to discuss how my parents could pick up the car for me when it arrived in Texas(God bless it) and as I was peeking at the computer screen I saw the vin, production date, estimated delivery date, and priority along with countless other info so I had him print it out for me. The salesman said that as it stands today, ford will hold onto the mustang until October unless I ask them to ship it early(of course I would rather have it in my paretns garage than on some Ford parking lot). Bottom line is that your salesman probably has more information than he is letting on.
Oh, and yes that is a fantastic strech of autobahn. I think I'm going to have to settle for A5 between Heidelberg and Frankfurt.
Old 8/1/05, 12:20 PM

Hey Calvin84,
As I recall, you can run your car on Nurburgring for a few euros. It's a former formula 1 track in west central Germany that was taken off the circuit because it was too dangerous, if my memory serves me correctly.

Attached is a pic of the GT that was the pace car for the Bahrain Formula 1, but I can't conferm that.
Old 8/1/05, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Catch22@August 1, 2005, 8:23 PM
Hey Calvin84,
As I recall, you can run your car on Nurburgring for a few euros. It's a former formula 1 track in west central Germany that was taken off the circuit because it was too dangerous, if my memory serves me correctly.

Attached is a pic of the GT that was the pace car for the Bahrain Formula 1, but I can't conferm that.
If only I thought I could get away with taking the demo GT on the track! Pretty much the idea behind this little test drive is to answer some of the questions about what the GT can really do, safely and without the risk of red&blue light in the mirrors . Hopefully I can get some of that out of my system before I take delivery on my own mustang . Hopefully it doesn't backfire and end up just teasing me .
Old 8/1/05, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by calvin84@August 1, 2005, 12:40 PM
If only I thought I could get away with taking the demo GT on the track! Pretty much the idea behind this little test drive is to answer some of the questions about what the GT can really do, safely and without the risk of red&blue light in the mirrors . Hopefully I can get some of that out of my system before I take delivery on my own mustang . Hopefully it doesn't backfire and end up just teasing me .
Sorry, tried several times and can't attach the photo...
Old 8/1/05, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered mine 4/15. The website stinks. but I did find out about my VIN before they changed it. was suppose to take delivery 10/29 now it is 9/8 with a production week of 8/8. I am stateside and got through just before I transferred. It is about 7k less than what the dealers around here are selling '05's. I have only contacted them through email. Because I was on a ship. so far I am happy. wish the website was better.
Old 8/1/05, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered October 2004. Scheduled delivery March 2005, delivered in January! Price at least $2,000 and probably $5,000 less than what I would have paid at the dealers around here. Plenty of contact and feedback from my sales rep, kept me up to date every step of the way. Dealership disappointed in that they are just a drop off and not getting any money off of me. Offered to buy it from me right then if I ordered one through them (No thanks! )

Great experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Kind of curious if they do SVT models (Can you say Cobra???)

- Eric
Old 8/1/05, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered mine in Dec 04 with a delivery date of 25 March 05. They pushed my delivery date back because of production delays but gave me an extra $500 rebate. The only way I got info from them was by calling but they were very helpful on the phone and always returned my calls with the info that I wanted. Ended up getting a build date of 11 April and took delivery around 1 May from a dealer in Austin. Didn't have any problems. This is my third vehicle through OMSC (86 Harley Wide Glide, 01 Mustang GT, and 05 Mustang GT). With the money I saved over buying from a US dealer I can't complain. Good luck with your order.
Old 8/1/05, 07:18 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about ENCS. I ordered my GT about this time last year, and was one of the first ones cruising in Germany. I only had one problem. I tracked my car step by step via the website, and my dealer was more then on the ball. He let me know via email or phone call when every my car moved.

Like I said only had one problem.. The car was put on the rail car to be shipped to the east coast in Oct last year, well the rail car it was on was selected for QC, so all the cars were pulled and this delayed my car by about 3 weeks. This delay pushed by car past the period where it would have been free for me to ship it so ENCS was forced to charge me for shipping on the vehicle, which was/is about 800 USD or so. Well the manager at my dealership offered to pay 1/2 of the fee, which I thought was more then nice of them, since it was a situation that was out of their control.

They get a big thumbs up from me!! BTW this was the second car my wife and I have bought from ENCS, and our service was outstanding on both accounts.

Jason
Old 8/1/05, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Catch22@August 1, 2005, 12:23 PM
Hey Calvin84,

Not exactly true. F1 still races there but not on the whole circuit because paving problems have made much of the track unsuitable for F1 cars. In fact, the Grand Prix of Europe was held there this year on May 29. Somebody on the Europe forum posted the cost a while back. I don't remember the price but it seemed like the bargain thrill of the lifetime.

There was a video on here not long ago of a guy (I think he was a professional driver) taking a very hot BMW around the 'Ring. Shot from the cockpit, it was awesome and I mean that word literally. It would be an incredible experience to do that with a Mustang.
Old 8/1/05, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Catch22@August 2, 2005, 3:02 AM
Hello Germany,
I used to be stationed at Spangdahlem AB close to Trier and used to drive to K town using just that stretch of Autobahn all the time. I tell my wife we could have made the trip in 35-40 minutes in a new Mustang. Germany is a great place for a fast car. Man, I miss it sometimes although the weather leaves something to be desired at times.
Old 8/2/05, 06:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered mine in Japan and had it shipped to Korea. My salesman in Japan was kind of weak, but the guys in Korea were great. Great support getting the car registered. I would order again based on my experience. I'm stationed at Yongsan. Besides, no one is going to mess with a Angry Irishman!

Quick Reply: Military Car Sales