2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Med Parchment w/IUP

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/04, 12:08 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had ordered a Mineral Grey with Dark Charcoal interior but recently changed the interior to the Medium Parchment with IUP. I figured that since the Mineral has a bit of bronze to it that an interior with a more tan/brown color tone would look better??? Anybody have pictures of this interior with the IUP? I can't find anything with IUP and parchment. Thanks for any help.
Old 8/20/04, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

From the sticky thread titled EXCLUSIVE: DAN & GALAXIE INTERVIEW HAU THAI TANG

By the way, look at the color combo in my sig (grin).
Old 8/20/04, 12:13 PM
GT Member

Perfect! Thank you very much. That's the ticket.
Old 8/20/04, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

There is also this one from the Oakville event courtesy of Dan and Galaxie. I also have ordered a medium parchment interior with IUP to go with a redfire exterior.

Old 8/20/04, 12:21 PM
Cobra Member

congrats on the car
Old 8/20/04, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

Change it to the red interior. It looks sooooooooo sharp
Old 8/20/04, 12:46 PM
V6 Member

Amy speaks the truth...the red interior is fantastic.
Old 8/20/04, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've seen a redfire exterior with the red interior twice in person already. IMO the red interior would look good with a black, silver, grey, or white exterior. Combined with a red exterior its red overkill for me, but to each his or her own. B)

Edit: I'm not sure if you guys were referring to the mineral grey mentioned above or the redfire I mentioned. Nevermind, you were referring to the mineral grey above.
Old 8/20/04, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Amy V6@August 20, 2004, 12:47 PM
Change it to the red interior. It looks sooooooooo sharp
I had a red interior on my '66 2+2, and the new one is very reminiscent of the old 2+2 interior.

That being said, the new red upgrade is a bit over the top for me. I like it, but I prefer a more subtle interior.
Old 8/21/04, 11:01 PM
GT Member

yeah that red with the dark charchol is great. especially with the redfire
Old 8/22/04, 12:13 AM
Cobra Member

What do you guys think about the Legend Lime/Medium Parchment combo? I'm flirting with the idea of buying a Legend Lime GT later this year, but can't decide on the interior. I've always loved tan interiors, but for those who have seen it, is it too contrasting with the aluminum dash?
Old 8/22/04, 12:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

I do think the parchment and aluminum "clash" with each other a bit. My godmother owns an Eddie Bauer Ford Explorer and I love the tan, but with Legend Lime and tan, you'll regret your choice in a year... I say dark charcoal.

My white mustang has light gray fabric and my dad's Volvo C70 coupe has black leather. Guess which shows dirt and stuff? (hint: gray)

Overall, the charcoal leather looks great against lime green AND it hides all dirt well, but you still have to clean yearly
Old 8/22/04, 12:53 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks.

And, pardon my ignorance, but is it true that darker interiors get THAT much hotter than lighter interiors? Take into account the window tint.
Old 8/22/04, 09:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 22, 2004, 12:56 AM
Thanks.

And, pardon my ignorance, but is it true that darker interiors get THAT much hotter than lighter interiors? Take into account the window tint.
mmmmmmmm...

i dunno. i think leather gets freaking hot not matter what color it is if it's been out in the sun. certain colors do get hotter than others like white vs. black, but i don't know exactly how it will work with interiors and upholstry.

Old 8/22/04, 09:13 AM
Cobra Member

im getting black cause it looks good with every extior color
Old 8/22/04, 11:26 AM

For those who had seen it in person, is the Dark Charcoal really just black, or does it have some gray to it?
Old 8/22/04, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nope, the dark charcoal really is black, but a "lighter" tint of black (so unlike the deep glossy black of the paintjob on the exterior, the black leather is matte, so look at a piece of charcoal to see the exact match, strange as it sounds).

Dr Iven -- In hot weather, all leather colors CAN and will burn you if in direct sunlight. I already bought a sun shade for the front window to hamper this, but tinting your windows (except front, hence sun shade) is a great idea that will help. The leather will last a LOT longer too when you protect it, obviously.

No matter what, leather will make you more hot since it retains energy a bit more than the fabric [seats]. On REALLY hot days, you'll find your lower back sticking to the seat, but this is only valid on those V6 leather seats... I'm sure it'll happen much less on the ventilated GT sport buckets.
Old 8/22/04, 12:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 22, 2004, 12:56 AM
Thanks.

I think if you have a good window tint and put one of those screens in the front window when parked outdoors you should be fine. We have black leather in my wife's car and it's been ok so far.
Old 8/22/04, 03:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by CA Stang@August 20, 2004, 2:55 PM
I've seen a redfire exterior with the red interior twice in person already. IMO the red interior would look good with a black, silver, grey, or white exterior. Combined with a red exterior its red overkill for me, but to each his or her own. B)

Edit: I'm not sure if you guys were referring to the mineral grey mentioned above or the redfire I mentioned. Nevermind, you were referring to the mineral grey above.
CA, I've seen all the pics but haven't seen the redfire in person, nor the Torch Red. I like Torch better than redfire on the current car but am wondering how it looks on the new model? Does it look too purpley in low light?

I'd love your impressions. BTW, how does the red on red look?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 8/22/04, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Dan+August 22, 2004, 9:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ August 22, 2004, 9:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-CA Stang@August 20, 2004, 2:55 PM

CA, I've seen all the pics but haven't seen the redfire in person, nor the Torch Red. I like Torch better than redfire on the current car but am wondering how it looks on the new model? Does it look too purpley in low light?

I'd love your impressions. BTW, how does the red on red look?

Thanks,
Dan[/b][/quote]
Dan, I think redfire looks great on the '05. I've seen it under bright artificial lighting and under natural light (during the late afternoon, dusk and at night). At dusk, or "low light", redfire on the '05 had a combination look of deep red and burgandy. I think if you like the '04 in torch red better than redfire, you'll probably feel the same way about the '05, although I haven't seen torch red in person.

I've never been a big fan of traditional red cars. I usually lean towards the deeper reds and burgandys. I've liked redfire ever since it was introduced when I saw it at the 2003 L.A. auto show on a '03 GT.

As for the red on red, I'm not a big fan of it. IMO the red interior would look great with a white, silver (grey), or black exterior. I typically like interior colors to contrast with exterior colors, and I've always been a big fan of tan interiors with dark exteriors like true blue, black, and dark red. I know a lot of people like the red on red, and I'm not criticizing it, its just not for me.

Quick Reply: Med Parchment w/IUP