2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Lots of Used 05+ showing up on car lots now

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/06, 06:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my area, I have been seeing a lot of used 05+ models, verts and coupes. Have not seen a GT yet? Any thoughts as to why?

I have spoke to a few V-6 owners and they don't seem as happy as the GT owners are? Not trying to start a who's better post war, but was wondering what you all were seeing in your areas. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ February 11, 2006, 6:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
In my area, I have been seeing a lot of used 05+ models, verts and coupes. Have not seen a GT yet? Any thoughts as to why?

I have spoke to a few V-6 owners and they don't seem as happy as the GT owners are? Not trying to start a who's better post war, but was wondering what you all were seeing in your areas. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

This subject was addressed a few months ago...almost in the exact wording in your subject line.
Anyway, to answer your question regarding the number of 05+ V6 Mustangs (coupes and verts) showing up on dealer lots now...it's probably from car rental agencies. They buy a large number of cars and keep them for a year then sell them so they can buy more new cars for the fleet.
Old 2/11/06, 06:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ February 11, 2006, 8:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
In Connecticut here. .....Probably a bunch of beat on rental V6's for sale there. The demand for the GT is still great enough to result in a lack of inventory of used GT inventory here. Most of the V6 owners I have seen around here are very happy with the V6's. Here in CT there are hardly any used V6 models and no GT's on the dealers lots. There are a limited supply of new V'6's and only seen a couple new GT's on the lots.
Old 2/11/06, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

i have a v6, and i really feel bad for not getting a GT, my father just got a GT, and i couldnt because the 6k markup when i got mine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] the GT just seems so much more substantial, the interior is nicer, the wheels, i wanted a GT originally, and was expecting to be getting one, but i guess thats why i feel like i do. I still love my v6, i just feel that i should have waited, and saved up for a used one.
Old 2/11/06, 06:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Meh-
Lots of boring red used v6es here.

And I am still giddy as a school girl with mine.
Old 2/11/06, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm keeping my GT vert until either it or I die. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img] Not many of either here in my area. Lots of NEW V6 coupes and verts on the lots with a few GTs, but no GT verts.
Old 2/11/06, 08:35 PM
FR500 Member

u would have to pry the keys outta my hands before i gave up my gt...or offer me something alittle more like a new z06 or something
Old 2/11/06, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BaSsFreAk89 @ February 11, 2006, 8:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i have a v6, and i really feel bad for not getting a GT, my father just got a GT, and i couldnt because the 6k markup when i got mine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] the GT just seems so much more substantial, the interior is nicer, the wheels, i wanted a GT originally, and was expecting to be getting one, but i guess thats why i feel like i do. I still love my v6, i just feel that i should have waited, and saved up for a used one.
[/b][/quote]

This is actually the first time I heard this from a member. You really don't like yours? I love my V6. (It did take me a while to realize this however.) I too wanted a GT at first, but couldn't find one. (I bought mine at the end of 2005.) Far awhile I wanted to trade in, but that was a waste of money. (The temptation was high too because I found the EXACT GT I would have gotten!!!!!!) Bottom line is I'm happy with what I got and would rather use the extra money I saved in getting the V6 on a Viper. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] ( God Willing!)

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flag2.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Theres a used torch red GT in my town that has around 32,000 miles on it and they want 26K for it BS!!!
Old 2/11/06, 10:32 PM
GT Member

I still love my V6, but snow on a convertible top is just wrong.
Old 2/11/06, 11:01 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BaSsFreAk89 @ February 11, 2006, 8:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i have a v6, and i really feel bad for not getting a GT...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Don't feel bad. You'd end up paying $4,600 plus the 6K markup -- 4,600 is about what a comperably equipped GT costs over as compared to comp. equipped V6. 6K dealer 'adjustment' in 2005.. just not worth it. You did the smart thing and kept your money unspent.

the GT just seems so much more substantial, the interior is nicer...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I got the ICAP Red Leather. For the ICAP they use the EXACT SAME seats as the GT. A V6 with ICAP Red Leather has the EXACT SAME INTERIOR as a GT with Red Leather.Same Sport Buckets, etc.

the wheels,

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services/SC101...=99-xxxx-Cxxxx3

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Bran' Spankin' new takeoff GT wheels with the Pirelli P Zero Neros. $375. All day long. Set of 4. Order as many sets as you like. EZ short money fix. Heck, while your at it, order the GT front sway bar for $29.99, the GT front brake rotors WITH CALIPERS for $99.99, and get a decent rear swaybar for $200-$300 bucks and you will have the same basic suspension. The struts/shocks/springs on the V6 as compared to the GT are only different in load rating because the GT is a heavier car

i wanted a GT originally, and was expecting to be getting one, but i guess thats why i feel like i do. I still love my v6,

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Enjoy your car!

[/b][/quote]
Old 2/12/06, 06:27 AM
V6 Member

[attachmentid=45013]

In the Northeast not much on the lots of any kind. Do see some local dealers selling off V-6's with some pretty good miles on them. Assume that they are rental turnovers. Quite a few GT's on Ebay and Autotrader. Most I see listed there are tough to read. Alot of Pony owners went in alittle too deep and need to sell to get out of debt. Still GT's are much harder to find than the v-6's.I know one thing,you will never see my Pony on any lot while I am kicking...By the way glad I built a garage for my pony,we are getting dumped on with snow.. For you in the southern states that's the white stuff you see on the ground.
Old 2/12/06, 07:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BaSsFreAk89 @ February 11, 2006, 5:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i have a v6, and i really feel bad for not getting a GT[/b][/quote]
Me too. Until I fill the tank, pay my insurance, drive past a cop, or look at my title which I got the other day after I paid the car off. Knowing that if I had got the GT I'd still owe several thousand on it, I don't feel so bad.

Nevermind the fact that when I was car shopping last summer I think there was all of one GT in all of Silicon Valley, it was marked up $10K and had options I didn't want. If I had ordered one and waited several months like many other people did, I think I would have gone bonkers. I must have instant gratification. Even with the V6, when I saw it on ford.com's inventory thing and drove to the dealer only to discover "it's at the warehouse, it should be here sometime next week" I got very frustrated.
Old 2/12/06, 08:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

wow, what a deal on those tires. Any idea how much shipping is on that?
Old 2/12/06, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Ok, my bad, I should have done a search first...must have missed it.

Thanks for the replies
Old 2/12/06, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don't forget the if you see a Mustang with factory side moldings on the door, that's it's either a rental or a fleet car. Those usually have cloth seats and single CD players - like the "standard" level.
Old 2/12/06, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05blackV6 @ February 11, 2006, 8:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This is actually the first time I heard this from a member. You really don't like yours? I love my V6. (It did take me a while to realize this however.) I too wanted a GT at first, but couldn't find one. (I bought mine at the end of 2005.) Far awhile I wanted to trade in, but that was a waste of money. (The temptation was high too because I found the EXACT GT I would have gotten!!!!!!) Bottom line is I'm happy with what I got and would rather use the extra money I saved in getting the V6 on a Viper. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] ( God Willing!)

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flag2.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I still love mine, im just feeling regret, his car seems superior to mine, mainly because he got exactly what was my dream car, so i guess thats why i feel the way i do, i see the car i obsessed over for like 1 year, next to the car i have, my car doesnt feel as nice (mainly because how others have treated the car, like how my brother scratched my front facia, and denies it), i guess because when i got my v6 i was planning on getting GT take offs, and i was like, well this is all i need, i dont need power and such,and i still havent gotten them yet, but a few of my friends poke fun at my v6 alot and its getting really discouraging, im having trouble thinking that, with all the parts that i am saving up to make mine look like a GT, and wheels, im just a few short of what i could have gotten ya know? o well, the jealousy of my fathers car will pass soon, and ill get back to saving up for GT take offs and when i get those, i think ill feel much better. Dont get my wrong, i still love my car, it just feels different being next to my dads car
Old 2/12/06, 12:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(htwag @ February 12, 2006, 11:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't forget the if you see a Mustang with factory side moldings on the door, that's it's either a rental or a fleet car. Those usually have cloth seats and single CD players - like the "standard" level.
[/b][/quote]

Yea, I just had an ugly yellow twin show up here like that.
The moldings are quite Fugly.
Old 2/12/06, 12:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm extremely happy with my V6....I am just taking my time doing the mods that make me happy. I did finnaly go and test drive a V8 (auto) and it was very nice. "To each his own"

I will admit that I like the "Pony" Edition V6's better than my 2005.....but I can add any of those factory items as time/money permit!

Just my $0.02.....Joe
Old 2/12/06, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(htwag @ February 12, 2006, 11:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

From what I understand, Canadian Mustangs have the side moulding as well. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lots of Used 05+ showing up on car lots now