2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Lot boy runs a muck

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend is driving me to pick up my car. I said to him, watch we'll get there and see someone doing something in my car they shouldn't. Sure enough as we are getting off the freeway. There's my car leaving the local gas station tire spinning, and screeking (did I spell right). Anyway I'm pissed, the more I thought about it the worse it got. I spoke to the fleet manager and told him what I saw. He had the "lot boy" say he was sorry but he did not mean it. I don't want him fired, that did'nt and will not hurt the car, however it mine to do that with. If wants to do it tell him to drop his own thirty grand and he can do it all he want.
Old 4/5/05, 09:29 PM
GT Member

I'd ask him for HIS keys and give his junker a workout! Probably couldn't break the tires loose on his junker, but I'd leave him a quart low on oil !

oh wait naners for you !
Congradulations - send pics soon !.

PS: You car is very close to mine - but yours is real !
Old 4/5/05, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by antdog@April 5, 2005, 10:28 PM
A friend is driving me to pick up my car. I said to him, watch we'll get there and see someone doing something in my car they shouldn't. Sure enough as we are getting off the freeway. There's my car leaving the local gas station tire spinning, and screeking (did I spell right). Anyway I'm pissed, the more I thought about it the worse it got. I spoke to the fleet manager and told him what I saw. He had the "lot boy" say he was sorry but he did not mean it. I don't want him fired, that did'nt and will not hurt the car, however it mine to do that with. If wants to do it tell him to drop his own thirty grand and he can do it all he want.
Makes you wonder what other idiots were doing stupid stuff before that guy too
Old 4/5/05, 09:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hold me back...that guy deserves a solid
Old 4/5/05, 09:47 PM

Smile

How incredibly irritating! :bang:

Sounds like you kept your temper amazingly well... certainly better than I would have.

Unfortunately we live in a screwed up world. A friend who was a bus boy several years ago in one of the city's most prestigious steak houses said that anytime a patron sent a steak back because they didn't like the way it was cooked, the tradition was that a steak was prepared to the customer's liking- and then everyone in the kitchen spit on it before sending it back! :shock:

Employees can be absolute donkey donuts and it sounds like the lot-jockey is a perfect case in point. (sigh)

Sorry you new baby got abused,

Steve
Old 4/5/05, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Horseowner@April 5, 2005, 9:50 PM
How incredibly irritating! :bang:

Sounds like you kept your temper amazingly well... certainly better than I would have.

Unfortunately we live in a screwed up world. A friend who was a bus boy several years ago in one of the city's most prestigious steak houses said that anytime a patron sent a steak back because they didn't like the way it was cooked, the tradition was that a steak was prepared to the customer's liking- and then everyone in the kitchen spit on it before sending it back! :shock:

Employees can be absolute donkey donuts and it sounds like the lot-jockey is a perfect case in point. (sigh)

Sorry you new baby got abused,

Steve
Thanks, it all good.
Old 4/5/05, 09:53 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good thing at my dealer there's a gas station right across the street
Old 4/6/05, 08:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
The station was across the street for me too. Even better, the saleman gave me a slip to fill up. So there was no lot boy to drive my car around. I got it wth 10 miles to empty.
Old 4/6/05, 08:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why was he even in your car? The sales guy at the dealership followed me to the closest gas station. I filled up the car and he payed for it. It wasn't even at my request, they just know that with a car like this the owner doesn't want joe shmoe driving around in it.
Old 4/6/05, 10:11 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

I hear that John... My sales guy was the fleet manager, and he took it off the truck, he stood there while they PDI'd it, and then he drove it to the south forty of the lot. Took the keys home with him cuz he knew I couldnt pick it up til the next day. When I got there, he walked me to the very back where it sat, I drove it to the front, had my test drive, filled it up, and sat in it til the paperwork was done. He and I were the only ones to get behind the wheel of her once she hit the lot.
Old 4/6/05, 10:24 AM
GT Member

I'm afraid I wouldn't have been as forgiving as you were. How old was the lot boy? I assume 18 and stupid. That should have been worth some "renegotiation." I applaud your class and restraint!
Old 4/6/05, 10:51 AM
FR500 Member

I'd be making my Ford dealer buy me a new set of tires. And if not, my lawyer would.
Old 4/6/05, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TwoBlackStangs@April 6, 2005, 11:27 AM
I'm afraid I wouldn't have been as forgiving as you were. How old was the lot boy? I assume 18 and stupid. That should have been worth some "renegotiation." I applaud your class and restraint!
Yeah, now the car is used, right? Doesn't the value drop like 20% immediately?
Old 4/6/05, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TwoBlackStangs@April 6, 2005, 11:27 AM
I happen to be 18 and resemble that remark. But I still seem to own one
Old 4/6/05, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

different year car, but a friend of mine dropped his new 04 Cobra at a dealer for minor fix of his console. The service center took the Cobra for a little spin around the block. They wrapped the Cobra around a street light and had to call the dealer to bring a truck and bring its pieces back..........
Old 4/6/05, 11:57 AM
GT Member

As usual, it sounds like "lot boy" got off with a "TIME OUT" type of punishment that is so common nowadays... "Now say your sorry Jimmy"

Ugh. Makes me sick.

Should have been fired immediately.

And I would have been much more angry than you, but I am probably older and more crotchety. lol
Old 4/6/05, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine had 1.9 miles on it when I first saw it before the PDI, and 9 miles on it when I got it. I trust my salesman was okay with the car when he filled it with gas, but I don't think I want to know what happened during the PDI. Whatever they did, the car seems to have survived it fine.
Old 4/6/05, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Congratulatons on your new baby!!
Now give us some pics please.

P.S. Drop kick that lot boy into the next county.
Old 4/6/05, 07:49 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Note to self: Take day off when car arrives
Old 4/6/05, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@April 6, 2005, 12:00 PM
As usual, it sounds like "lot boy" got off with a "TIME OUT" type of punishment that is so common nowadays... "Now say your sorry Jimmy"

Ugh. Makes me sick.

Should have been fired immediately.

And I would have been much more angry than you, but I am probably older and more crotchety. lol
Oh he's not getting off that easy. I called back this morning and spoke to the GM. It's not over yet. I hope he was as ticked as he sounded. Lot boy did a real bad job of cleaning my car. So the GM is going to drive personally to pick up my car, take it to the body shop and deal with some clear coat issues. He's bring a loaner with him. (I hope it a vert, just to check it out I wouldn't own one my preference. Perhaps I'll get some pay back with their car.) Anyway when lot boy is still working on your car, you should not be jumping down his throat. You can't watch him the whole time. And if he will drive my car like that what else would he do. :nono:

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Lot boy runs a muck