2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

looking for some installation instructions

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/16, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
looking for some installation instructions

I am looking to replace the inner and outer beltline weather strip on my 2007, I have tore up Goggle but can not find anything. Any help in leading me to a web site or if you have replaced yours would be most welcome.
Old 4/23/16, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I haven't done it on our car but other cars. They are usually held in place with clips and either a couple of staples or screws. If you take your new weatherstripping you can see where the attachment points are. If they have the staples you need to just pry them off with a screwdriver. You can buy a tool for the clips but a small screwdriver can undo them. Just be careful if you bend them make sure they are straight before reattaching the new weather strip or it will not sit properly.
Old 4/23/16, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
You may have to remove the door panel to remove the window stop to get the window down low enough for access.
Old 4/25/16, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

ok, thanks for the help
Old 5/1/16, 03:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Door Strip removal and replacement

I have replaced mine, the inner ones were the hard plastic and destroyed my window tint. I got new inner felt ones from Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake for $67.45 shipped - a bargain.

Blahhhhh I attached a picture and it's Godzilla size, sorry!

To remove the strip, all you do is remove the inner door panel. There are 8mm bolts around the perimeter of the door card, behind the door pull, and in the grab handle. Remove them, and the door card comes off. Taking the beltline molding is very simple: just pull it up and out now that the door card is out of the way. Installation is the reverse. I'm surprised I didn't take more pictures!

If you have more questions, let me know!
Old 5/2/16, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc

Door Strip removal and replacement

I have replaced mine, the inner ones were the hard plastic and destroyed my window tint. I got new inner felt ones from Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake for $67.45 shipped - a bargain.

Blahhhhh I attached a picture and it's Godzilla size, sorry!

To remove the strip, all you do is remove the inner door panel. There are 8mm bolts around the perimeter of the door card, behind the door pull, and in the grab handle. Remove them, and the door card comes off. Taking the beltline molding is very simple: just pull it up and out now that the door card is out of the way. Installation is the reverse. I'm surprised I didn't take more pictures!

If you have more questions, let me know!
much thanks, i didnt figure it should be to difficult just didnt want to screw something up.