2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Light Graphite vs Dark Charcoal Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/06, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Light Graphite vs Dark Charcoal Interior?

How does Light Graphite compare with Dark Charcoal on the interior? I am planning to order a GT with cloth seats and I'm not sure which color to go with. Both should go well with Vista Blue, but Light Graphite seems too easy to get dirty (light gray carpets, light gray door panels, etc... ) while I think Dark Charcoal might get too hot in the summer?
Old 10/12/06, 09:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
How does Light Graphite compare with Dark Charcoal on the interior? I am planning to order a GT with cloth seats and I'm not sure which color to go with. Both should go well with Vista Blue, but Light Graphite seems too easy to get dirty (light gray carpets, light gray door panels, etc... ) while I think Dark Charcoal might get too hot in the summer?
I have a Vista Blue with Charcoal interior and I love it. We have 100+ degree summer days and it was never too hot to handle.
I do have the windows tinted and use a sunshade.
I also tossed this combination around, but IMO the gray is just too light and easily stained, so I chose Charcoal.
Old 10/12/06, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I went with charcoal interior with the dove (dove = light graphite) PTP. Charcoal seats and floor mats but light graphite dash & door panels. I like the contrast and that the floor carpet won't show the dirt.
Old 10/12/06, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I have a Vista Blue with Charcoal interior and I love it. We have 100+ degree summer days and it was never too hot to handle.
I do have the windows tinted and use a sunshade.
I also tossed this combination around, but IMO the gray is just too light and easily stained, so I chose Charcoal.
I agree with OKC Charcoal is the way to go Light colors are to much work to keep clean,besides that's why we have A/C
Old 10/12/06, 03:38 PM
V6 Member

My 2000 Mustang had a gray interior, so I thought this over considerably with my 2006. On the 2000, it was gray on gray on gray. On the 2006 gray interior, there were too many black accents - dash, radio, console, and door inserts. Looked mixed to me. The black interior looked more coordinated, and the bright IUP dash panel and bright vent trim rings really stood out - they were lost in the gray. So I went dark charcoal. Still love my choice.
Old 10/12/06, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the vista blue with the light graphite leather. Nice combo IMO. I threw in a set of black floor mats to add a bit of contrast to the rugs and keep everything clean.

Personally, I dont mind having a light colored interior, I like the two tone look. The gray isnt that hard to keep clean at all. Considering my mopar has a white interior, the light gray is a piece of cake in comparison.

I will admit that the aluminum trim looks slightly better on a dark charcoal car. But after seeing several charcoal interiors with vista blue. Then finally seeing a graphite/vista blue. There was no doubt in my mind at least that I wanted to find a graphite/vista combo with the options I wanted. Deciding on the color was easy compared to finding the car. It was like one of 2 within 100 miles of my house.
Old 10/12/06, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I have windveil blue with light graphite cloth and the charcoal IUP. Love it!
Old 10/12/06, 10:22 PM
GT Member

I got tungsten with lite graphite. I have the charcoal IUP panel. Excellent combo... I am outside cleaning my car every weekend here in the sunshine so dirt isn't too big of a problem inside my car.
Old 10/13/06, 01:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm lovin' my Dark Charcoal with Satin IUP. Very easy to keep looking sharp and the Satin accents are just enough to keep it from looking too dark, IMO.

I recall from another thread that metroplex is considering ordering without the IUP, though. I'm thinking that might be too much charcoal/black without anything to break it up except the chrome rings around the gauges and air vents . I might go graphite in that case, although it would be harder to keep clean.
Old 10/13/06, 02:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have black on black and it doesn't bother me.
Old 10/13/06, 04:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 10/13/06, 05:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Dark Charcoal will roast your *** in the summer.
BUT its not easily stained, and it looks good with yellow and tungsten.
Old 10/13/06, 05:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm leaning towards Vista Blue with Light Graphite.
Old 10/13/06, 06:05 AM
GT Member

you always see comments about how the charcoal will be too hot in the summer; i have it in my vert and in reality there is no difference with this and a lighter color - just a mythical perception in my opinioin; i am happy and have not been "burned, toasted or whatever"

Last edited by vicmeldrew; 3/7/08 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10/13/06, 06:16 AM
Cobra Member

I have an '06 with light graphite IUP.... if there is one thing that bothers me... it's the grey carpet. I wanted the grey seats and door panels... love the charcoal inserts on the doors.... but the carpet was a stupid idea. It didn't take me but a month to have a nice big stain from some G D hot tar from a parking lot. I'm going to eventually put black carpet in and re-skin the seats 2 tone.... I love the interior options on the '07.
Get the best of both worlds... I know you said cloth, but go with the 2 tone charcoal and dove leather... it looks really sharp IMO.

edit:
ok, just kidding.. you can get it with cloth too... here's Tony Alanso's car
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...4&d=1154837909
Old 10/13/06, 07:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Dark Charcoal will roast your *** in the summer.
BUT its not easily stained, and it looks good with yellow and tungsten.
What do you wear a **** Thong Bikini or what ?? I wear shorts year round and have never had my *** roasted with my dark charcoal leather.
Old 10/13/06, 07:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That 2 tone cloth setup looks great. What do I have to order to get it?

I'm not a fan of leather seats because it gets too hot in the summer and gets too cold in the winter. I don't even like leather seats in the office. I have to sit on a special ventilated cushion (basically a bunch of coil springs wrapped in a straw material).
Old 10/13/06, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I came from a black leather interior Maxima to Light Graphite in my 06 GT. I'm loving it! The dark leather was absolutely awful in the summer and seemed like it took forever to cool down.
Old 10/13/06, 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The black body radiation effect: darker objects tend to absorb and transmit radiation more readily. It's also one reason why black paint is a bad color choice for the exterior. My local Ford dealership even recommended against buying the black clearcoat paint.
Old 10/13/06, 01:08 PM
GT Member

AFC, I love your pedals...

Quick Reply: Light Graphite vs Dark Charcoal Interior?