Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letter From Region Rep

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/05, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I sent an email to my dealer. It basically said that we wanted answers why people in Dallas and the coast could order in Jan/Feb and get a build date before us. If we needed to we wanted to talk to a zone/region rep. And if we didn't get a build date this month we were going to cancel the order for an 05 and probably never buy a Ford again.

This is the reponse:

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Because I did not have the information that you would like, I contacted my St. Louis Zone manager. Here is the information that he gave me:

Many of the points your customer brought up our valid and accurate however let me explain the current mustang GT situation here in the Kansas City Region. Since the launch of the 05 mustang, the average commodity percentage for a mustang GT during a 4 week production cycle has been set at about 30% mustang GT. The Kansas City Region which consists of about 300 Ford Dealers is typically allocated 200 mustangs for each production cycle. Because Regions like Texas or Florida are historically larger mustang markets, their dealers understandably earn more mustang production for their dealerships. So if you do the math, the KC Region typically gets allocated 60 mustang GTs per 4 week production cycle, so about 15 GT orders are scheduled a week for the KC Region Ford Dealers. With all this information, it still does not take in account how much specific mustang allocation Beuckman Ford earns at the 30% GT commodity build. KC Region dealers earn mustang allocation based on their 2004 mustang sales, so a store who sold 200 mustangs in 2004 v. a store that sold 100 mustangs in 2004 will earn more mustangs out of the 200 unit regional allocation for each production period. Clear as mud? In simpler terms, a store of your size earns about 4 mustangs each production period resulting in about 1 GT mustang allocation per month for scheduling.

I spoke with my GM, and he believes that your Mustang will be scheduled this week. He believes that you are in good shape, and there is no reason why your Mustang will not be built. The GT that was before yours has been already been pulled.

Hopefully the last part is true and we will get a build date. However, even if we get a build date, it still looks like May until we get the car. That will be about 5-6 months from order.

Atleast there is hope!!!!!!! B)

Hope this helps!
Old 3/7/05, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got a call from the one of the higher ups for the KC region. Promised me that my car would be built In April. We'll see. Please let me know if you get pulled Skymaster as I see you ordered 6 days ahead of me.
Old 3/7/05, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

I did the same thing. The regional managers were supposed to have a meeting about this about 3 weeks ago. As soon as I heard back from my GM, that week my car got pulled. The Washington region is in the same boat. They said the same thing about the alocation numbers, and we have about 600 on order for our region. Do the math, big backlog....... Hope things go well for ya!!!
Old 3/7/05, 06:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jwede@March 7, 2005, 7:56 PM
I got a call from the one of the higher ups for the KC region. Promised me that my car would be built In April. We'll see. Please let me know if you get pulled Skymaster as I see you ordered 6 days ahead of me.

Will do! Hope it goes well for you this week as well! After all we are due. I think I have seen a total of 2 Mustangs on the road here in St. Louis. Both V6's. Crazy!

Hopefully Friday it will be time for us to:

Old 3/7/05, 07:04 PM
Banned

I am in St. Louis. Ordered my GT from Marshall Ford in October and got the car in January. Almost exactlly 3 months to the day.
I was just at the dealership today, and they only had 3 Mustangs and they were all V6 models. 2 silver and a redfire. None had the IUP package.

The 3 other Gt models they had( black, silver and red) each sold within 24 hours of arrival to the lot.

Good luck to all in St. Louis waiting for their GT's..........
Old 3/7/05, 07:06 PM
V6 Member

I for one hope that you get your orders pulled this week. Ordered in 2004 and still not pulled just blows my mind! I was fortunate enought to have been pulled this past week and talking with the GM at my dealership he said that coupe GT's were getting a backseat to the Vert orders, this said it would seem that 2004 coupe orders would get a special priority number :scratch: anyways good luck to all of us for speedy builds and deliveries!
Old 3/7/05, 07:22 PM
GT Member

There's hope for you, I ordered from Paul Cerame Ford back on 12/6/04. I got pulled the week of 2/24/05. Have a build week of 3/21/05. Who knows when it will actually get here to St. Louis. Will probably have a garage full of mods before the car gets here. Stripes are already waiting, about to buy wheels and tires, but maybe I should wait until the GT actually gets here.

Anyway, looks like things are starting to happen here in the midwest.
Old 3/7/05, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SonicBlue05GT@March 7, 2005, 8:25 PM
There's hope for you, I ordered from Paul Cerame Ford back on 12/6/04. I got pulled the week of 2/24/05. Have a build week of 3/21/05. Who knows when it will actually get here to St. Louis. Will probably have a garage full of mods before the car gets here. Stripes are already waiting, about to buy wheels and tires, but maybe I should wait until the GT actually gets here.

Anyway, looks like things are starting to happen here in the midwest.
Magnaflow cat-back currently waiting in my garage
Old 3/7/05, 07:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Skymaster0017@March 7, 2005, 7:49 PM
I sent an email to my dealer. It basically said that we wanted answers why people in Dallas and the coast could order in Jan/Feb and get a build date before us. If we needed to we wanted to talk to a zone/region rep. And if we didn't get a build date this month we were going to cancel the order for an 05 and probably never buy a Ford again.

This is the reponse:

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Because I did not have the information that you would like, I contacted my St. Louis Zone manager. Here is the information that he gave me:

Many of the points your customer brought up our valid and accurate however let me explain the current mustang GT situation here in the Kansas City Region. Since the launch of the 05 mustang, the average commodity percentage for a mustang GT during a 4 week production cycle has been set at about 30% mustang GT. The Kansas City Region which consists of about 300 Ford Dealers is typically allocated 200 mustangs for each production cycle. Because Regions like Texas or Florida are historically larger mustang markets, their dealers understandably earn more mustang production for their dealerships. So if you do the math, the KC Region typically gets allocated 60 mustang GTs per 4 week production cycle, so about 15 GT orders are scheduled a week for the KC Region Ford Dealers. With all this information, it still does not take in account how much specific mustang allocation Beuckman Ford earns at the 30% GT commodity build. KC Region dealers earn mustang allocation based on their 2004 mustang sales, so a store who sold 200 mustangs in 2004 v. a store that sold 100 mustangs in 2004 will earn more mustangs out of the 200 unit regional allocation for each production period. Clear as mud? In simpler terms, a store of your size earns about 4 mustangs each production period resulting in about 1 GT mustang allocation per month for scheduling.

I spoke with my GM, and he believes that your Mustang will be scheduled this week. He believes that you are in good shape, and there is no reason why your Mustang will not be built. The GT that was before yours has been already been pulled.

Hopefully the last part is true and we will get a build date. However, even if we get a build date, it still looks like May until we get the car. That will be about 5-6 months from order.

Atleast there is hope!!!!!!! B)

Hope this helps!

This is not what I wanted to hear! I ordered from Beukman on 1/22 and if people from November are still waiting, then I have no chance of my order going through. My dealer is Kevin, but my dad also knows Larry (the GM) pretty well. I guess I need to give them a call and get some info.
Old 3/7/05, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

Any idea how this factors in for GT verts? Is it really going to be harder to get an order filled for GT coupes than verts?
Old 3/7/05, 08:56 PM
Cobra R Member

This wait is the pits for sure.
Old 3/7/05, 09:46 PM
FR500 Member

ive seen more 2005 corvettes in the past few days than ive seen 2005 mustangs. i saw an 05 stang on sunday or monday. i saw a c6 tonight, last night and the night before on the road. ford really should be more prepared
Old 3/7/05, 09:53 PM
V6 Member

Smile

so what you're saying is, because i live in KC.... i'm never going to get my car!
the first dealer i went to was honest and said, "no chance, might as well order an 06". the 2nd dealer (from whom i ordered) said 10-14 weeks. it's only been 3 so far and this post just destroyed any remaining shred of hope i had of seeing my new baby this summer.

maybe i should just buy off the lot, or get a v6 vert and trade it in when my titanium 06 comes this time next year!
Old 3/7/05, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
I will probably be ordering my GT coupe from Lou Fusz this Friday and truthfully, no matter what I hear I will keep up my policy of total denial. I will order Friday and I expect my car to be here by the end of July. Thank you.
Old 3/7/05, 10:37 PM
GT Member

Hey Maverick,

What type of deal do you expect to get from Lou Fusz Ford.
Old 3/7/05, 11:01 PM

I talked to Pundmann, Beukman, and Sunset all in the last two days. Beukman and Sunset both told me I was looking at six months till delivery at which point it would most likely be an 06 model. Pundmann gave me the shortest wait time of four or five months. Sunset actually had two GT deluxe on the lot, one automatic and one five speed, both torch red. Beukman has two Saleens in stock right now, but I can't afford to buck up the $44k for one of them. I thought I had finally made my decision to go for the Mustang but a six month wait has me reconsidering, especially with the wheels literally about to fall off my Thunderbird.
Old 3/8/05, 06:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by GIZMOTOO@March 7, 2005, 11:40 PM
Hey Maverick,

What type of deal do you expect to get from Lou Fusz Ford.
A cousin of mine knows the GM so I will be able to use my x-plan pin I was able to obtain through my Supervisors brother-in-law.
Old 3/8/05, 06:44 AM
V6 Member

I've told this on the forum already - but my 1st order (Dec. 8th) didn't work. The small dealer I went with told me it's not happening and refunded my deposit. They just aren't gonna get enough allocation. I'm in WI. Us midwest Mustang buyers are getting a bad deal here

So I tried again last week with 'The Largest Volume Ford Dealer in the Midwest' in the Twin Cities. They are confident I'll get an 05 GT by summer. We'll see.

I told the guy to let me know either when it gets pulled for build or when I should give up on getting it. He was shocked that I didn't think it would be built- I said 'prove me wrong'

Brad
Old 3/8/05, 07:46 AM
Banned

PLEASE check out Marshall Ford 314-978-FORD.......ask for Mary or Lynn............women, YES, know their stuff.YES.........my experience was wonderful, honest, and great. Tell them Rene and Michele sent you cause they know I am on this web site all the time.....

It is worth check out anyway!! Right?

Good Luck

Oh, and the Show-Me Mustang Club Meeting is tomarrow ( Wednesday) at Malone's Bar & Grill by West Port at 7pm. Last month had over 50 members there. If the weather is nice, I will be there...........you St. Louisians ahould think about joining........they are super cool .

B)
Old 3/8/05, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by PonyGirl@March 8, 2005, 8:49 AM
PLEASE check out Marshall Ford 314-978-FORD.......ask for Mary or Lynn............women, YES, know their stuff.YES.........my experience was wonderful, honest, and great. Tell them Rene and Michele sent you cause they know I am on this web site all the time.....

It is worth check out anyway!! Right?

Good Luck

Oh, and the Show-Me Mustang Club Meeting is tomarrow ( Wednesday) at Malone's Bar & Grill by West Port at 7pm. Last month had over 50 members there. If the weather is nice, I will be there...........you St. Louisians ahould think about joining........they are super cool .

B)
If I end up with a Mustang I am definitely planning on joining you guys. I work with Chuck from your club, though he hasn't been in the office for a while. He has the Black 65 with the red stripes and I think he is/was the president of the club for a while.

Quick Reply: Letter From Region Rep