2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

let's see if we can get an accurate idea...

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/04, 02:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I turn the wheel all the way to the left I sometimes hear a pop sound.

Funny thing is that it is not all the time. Took it to the dealer the other day and it would not do it for the guy even though it had done it 15 minutes earlier!

It is like your dog doing tricks for you but unable to perform in front of others.
Old 12/9/04, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GTVroom@December 9, 2004, 3:52 PM
If the passenger is light weight (I believe under 75 lbs) then the "off" light will turn on.
It turns off with me in it. Then it will go off, then come back on. It does that the entire time I'm in the seat.
that's pretty crazyy -- sounds like some sort of sensor malfunction :scratch: -- better have that looked at ASAP -- especially if someone often rides shotgun with you
Old 12/9/04, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

My 05 GT is without question the nicest car I have ever owned. It drives and handles like a dream. The interior is so comfortable, there is nothing that compares to being in the drivers seat. The MP3 player is incredible and pumps out some great tunes. The paint glistens and polishes like a mirror (no orange peel here). The wheels are to drool for. The dual SS exhaust pumps out engine notes like a mechanical symphony. My biggest problem ??? I wanna drive it all the time
Old 12/9/04, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by os121@December 9, 2004, 6:31 PM
My 05 GT is without question the nicest car I have ever owned. It drives and handles like a dream. The interior is so comfortable, there is nothing that compares to being in the drivers seat. The MP3 player is incredible and pumps out some great tunes. The paint glistens and polishes like a mirror (no orange peel here). The wheels are to drool for. The dual SS exhaust pumps out engine notes like a mechanical symphony. My biggest problem ??? I wanna drive it all the time
That is what all owners hope for. Glad yours is ok and you are enjoying it .
Old 12/9/04, 05:51 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by os121@December 9, 2004, 4:31 PM
What he said!
Old 12/9/04, 06:25 PM

Arrow

I've been having a pop sound coming from the engine compartment. I first noticed it when I would start the car and be idling. I think I figured out that it only happens when I have the AC on. (I'm in FL, it's still 80 degrees down here). I think it might be the AC clutch, because it seems to happen about every 2-3 minutes.
Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

Not sure if I should take it into the dealer or if it's normal.

Other than that the car is amazing.
Old 12/9/04, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by lucky lou+December 9, 2004, 9:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lucky lou @ December 9, 2004, 9:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CA Stang@December 9, 2004, 2:30 PM
I've had the same gear whine that others have mentioned, though it is more of an annoyance than anything.

I voted for "other", because I have two clicking and rattling sounds in my dash. One is within the guage cluster, and the other is somewhere behind the two middle A/C vents. Of course when I brought the car to the dealer to have them look into the problem, they were non-existant. So, next time the rattles express themselves, I'll stop by the dealer and take a service tech for a test drive, so he/she can hear them firsthand. Unwanted interior noises really bother me.

Those are the only problems. It is still a great car, and I'm having a great time with it.
how loud is the rattling??? can you hear it w/ your radio on??? [/b][/quote]
The clicking inside of the gauges is fairly loud, especially since it is right in front of me. I can drown in out if I turn the radio up a decent amount, but can still hear it if I listen closely.
Old 12/9/04, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Guys, in all cases if it's something that bothers you, take it in. It's your brand new car and the service department is there to assist you. They'll let you know if there's anything they can do to help. And we'll let you know if they're full of or not

Seriously, if you think you have a problem, get it looked at and let us know the answer. We're all here to help each other out.

Jason
Old 12/9/04, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I just crossed 4200 miles and have absolutley no complaints. My shaker 500 sounds great and plays CDs that my Acura would not, as well as all my MP3 CDs. No rattles, interior is tight as a drum. Avg about 23MPG w/lead foot. I am glad I can hear the transmission - that way I know it's still there. If they made the tranny in the U.S. it might be better. Something on the underside of the car "sings" occasionally during low speed turns. I don't care. The paint does not look like Chip Foose spent a year painting it, don't care about that either. Quite honestly, if the car were to self destruct in to 5000 pieces on the road, and I was not hurt - I would still love this car. I purchased the longest extended warranty ford offers, and I have no worries at all. So what if it did not start the 2nd day I owned it (see the pic I use as my avitar) this car is awesome. I am still as excited about the car today as I was the day I found the pictures of it on this site. If you have a problem with your car, I suggest you take it to your dealer so they can address the issue and escalate it to Ford if need be. Moving parts fail, stuff breaks and you know what happens.
edit: wow I cannot spell tonight
Old 12/9/04, 08:42 PM

well i am new here, i am 21 years old and had my car for close to two months now. i have taken the car about 5 times already because of some noises the car is making. the first noise is coming from the back, the funny thing about it is that it doesnt do the noise every time, and it only does when i am going to park or backing up. it makes a rattling noise, and the other noise is coming from the front, but this noise it does constantly. but the only time you here it is when you are like in a isolated area where there is not that much noise it makes like a tapping sound. i left my car for close to a week at the dealer, they said they fixed the rear end but never heard the noise from the front. they changed my rear axel clutch because they said that the ford motor company sent them a bulletin board stating that all 2005 models are coming with deffected rear axel. well they told me they fixed it , but it keeps making the noise, and now do you want to here the best part i have to drop off my car on monday because they crashed my front bumper so now they have to change it, and try to fix the car problems. seriously i do not want this car anymore, i feel like ordering a new one. sorry for the long post but i just needed to clear my chest.
Old 12/9/04, 08:43 PM

well i am new here, i am 21 years old and had my car for close to two months now. i have taken the car about 5 times already because of some noises the car is making. the first noise is coming from the back, the funny thing about it is that it doesnt do the noise every time, and it only does when i am going to park or backing up. it makes a rattling noise, and the other noise is coming from the front, but this noise it does constantly. but the only time you here it is when you are like in a isolated area where there is not that much noise it makes like a tapping sound. i left my car for close to a week at the dealer, they said they fixed the rear end but never heard the noise from the front. they changed my rear axel clutch because they said that the ford motor company sent them a bulletin board stating that all 2005 models are coming with deffected rear axel. well they told me they fixed it , but it keeps making the noise, and now do you want to here the best part i have to drop off my car on monday because they crashed my front bumper so now they have to change it, and try to fix the car problems. seriously i do not want this car anymore, i feel like ordering a new one. sorry for the long post but i just needed to clear my chest.
Old 12/9/04, 08:47 PM

sorry for double posting, i am new to this
Old 12/9/04, 09:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GTVroom@December 9, 2004, 12:57 PM
My passenger side airbag "off" light comes on even though there is a passenger in the car. Gonna have to take that in and have it fixed.
The airbag system detects the passengers weight and either turns the airbag system off or leaves it on completely dependant on weight. This is a safety feature and is normal operation. I'm not sure what the cutoff is, but I would imagine it's about 75lbs.
Old 12/10/04, 05:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ROBBYSCOBRA@December 9, 2004, 9:46 PM
...the ford motor company sent them a bulletin board stating that all 2005 models are coming with deffected rear axel. well they told me they fixed it , but it keeps making the noise, and now do you want to here the best part i have to drop off my car on monday because they crashed my front bumper so now they have to change it, and try to fix the car problems. seriously i do not want this car anymore...
So, all 2005 cars have defective rear axles straight off the bat?

Well done, Ford. :bang:

And the dealership mucked up this guy's car, too. Wow, there's care and attention to customer service for you!

Take a good look at this poll. Out of all the people that voted, the stats break down like this:

52.86% report no problems.

47.15% report problems.

That's ALMOST HALF the people here reporting problems!! Yeah, sure lots of people without problems probably aren't voting. But how many people out there (not members of this site) are having problems too?!

If this is truly representative of the quality of this car, Ford's in t-r-o-u-b-l-e. I hear the distant sound of a flatline ______________________
Old 12/10/04, 06:12 AM
Cobra Member

This isn't totally related, but I had my 96 TA in the shop for a minor repair and I was waiting on it. The repairs were taking too long, and I saw a bunch of guys in the service bay looking at my car. The porter had run my car into another car and damaged the bumper. The dealership said they would take it to their body shop. I told them no way. They ended up swapping the bumper off another black TA on the lot. It was their screw up, and I didn't want their stinky body shop painting on my new car.
Old 12/10/04, 06:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

C'mon guys, enough with the doom and gloom. Almost all of these problems are minor annoyances, not anything significant. The grass is always greener on the other side for some people. Just an FYI, a buddy at work said his wife, an engineer for Honda, had to fly to Idaho to inspect a car because of some problems they've been getting reports on for the new Odysee(sp?). All cars have problems, all of them. Other than the airbag problem and Shaker issue, I haven't read of anything not working or anything that may be dangerous. Stop overreacting and lets wait and see how Ford responds.

Jason
Old 12/10/04, 09:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Other:

So far, so good... I cracked the plastic tilt foward lever on the passenger side seat. No biggie, I'll see if I can get it replaced later -It is holding up for now. (My fault)
Shaker 1000 skips once in a while (on smooth roads). No sweat...

Brought it in for service for `1k oil change & weird rattle sound @ cold start-up; dealer had to replace to trans pan bolts. Fixed in an hour, no more rattle.

Nothing to loose sleep over.
Old 12/10/04, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Robert@December 10, 2004, 6:17 AM

So, all 2005 cars have defective rear axles straight off the bat?

Well done, Ford. :bang:

And the dealership mucked up this guy's car, too. Wow, there's care and attention to customer service for you!

Take a good look at this poll. Out of all the people that voted, the stats break down like this:

52.86% report no problems.

47.15% report problems.

That's ALMOST HALF the people here reporting problems!! Yeah, sure lots of people without problems probably aren't voting. But how many people out there (not members of this site) are having problems too?!

If this is truly representative of the quality of this car, Ford's in t-r-o-u-b-l-e. I hear the distant sound of a flatline ______________________
77 people voted in this poll so far. There are lot more people on this board than that.
About 12,000 '05s were sold in November and not all those people are on this board.

You're quoting percentages out this sample of 77 people. This is NOT representative of the population of 05s as whole. There is also no differentiation between severity of problems in the poll, so something like tire noise has the same weight as serious problem.

You can't say this poll has identify any trends. The sample size is TOO SMALL. That is unless your quick to jump to conclusions and comdemn Ford because you feel that a failure of the '05 proves imports are superior... :angry:
Old 12/10/04, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vermillion98@December 10, 2004, 11:38 AM

77 people voted in this poll so far. There are lot more people on this board than that.
About 12,000 '05s were sold in November and not all those people are on this board.

You're quoting percentages out this sample of 77 people. This is NOT representative of the population of 05s as whole. There is also no differentiation between severity of problems in the poll, so something like tire noise has the same weight as serious problem.

You can't say this poll has identify any trends. The sample size is TOO SMALL. That is unless your quick to jump to conclusions and comdemn Ford because you feel that a failure of the '05 proves imports are superior... :angry:
Thank you John! That's what I've been trying to say. This isn't a "We told you so" or "Ford has screwed up again" proving thread. It's here to let other owners know what problems we have experienced. Funny thing is, most of us owners that have problems aren't upset about them because for the most part, the problems are annoyances and not deal brakers. We still love our cars, at least I do

Jason
Old 12/10/04, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I voted other, but I'm not sure it's a problem yet.

I was sitting at a red light this afternoon. As I waited for the light to change, I felt the brake pedal move a little. Then it kept going until it went all the way to the floor. I let off, and the pedal was firm again.

I haven't had a chance to see if this repeats yet. Just happened a few minutes ago.

Has anyone else seen this?

Air in the brake line maybe??

Other than that, and an occasional CD skip in my Shaker 500, no complaints. Had it for about 1.5 weeks, got 500 miles on it as of today. Lovin it!

Quick Reply: let's see if we can get an accurate idea...