2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

let's see if we can get an accurate idea...

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/04, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since there seems to be a significant amount of multiple posts on '05 related issues // which seem to be concerning allot of owners & potential buyers I thought it would be interesting to conduct a poll on problems so that we can get a decent idea how severe the issues really are. I searched to see if this has already been attempted & didn't come across any previous posts. Forgive me if it's already been done. B)
Old 12/9/04, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mechanically no problems whatsoever. Paint wise it had a couple of bubbles, one of which was open and I hit it with touchup immediately. There was also a "smudge" on the gas cap lid. Interior was perfect. Smudge will be fixed by dealer in spring.
Old 12/9/04, 11:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
So far, So good.
Old 12/9/04, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Can I vote for more than one?....I have everyone....
Old 12/9/04, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by cdemot02@December 9, 2004, 12:17 PM
Can I vote for more than one?....I have everyone....
Sorry. Can only vote once. Keeps the numbers accurate. You should probably hit other & summarize the problems you're having.
Old 12/9/04, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

3 problems now. Squeaky brakes, easy fix. A bulge from the airbag cover on the dash, I expect it to be smooth. And I just found a slight imperfection in the paint, like a metal particle got caught under the paint causing it to stick up a little, on the rear deck lid. All are relatively minor, and in my opinion do not reflect negatively on the vehicle. It's still a great car.

Jason
Old 12/9/04, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

How do you lump paint imperfections (a generally cosmetic flaw) with structural problems (much more serious I would think)?
Old 12/9/04, 11:54 AM
GT Member

My passenger side airbag "off" light comes on even though there is a passenger in the car. Gonna have to take that in and have it fixed.
Old 12/9/04, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I can't seem to find the car and neither can my dealer.
Old 12/9/04, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tekman13@December 9, 2004, 12:53 PM
How do you lump paint imperfections (a generally cosmetic flaw) with structural problems (much more serious I would think)?
I agree -- I was thinking of all the possible categories & man the list was just endless. when thinking of structural.. I was more or less thinking of minor issues I have heard mentioned on the site. I can probably seperate the two -- hopefully it won't have a major impact on the results.
Old 12/9/04, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

My only problem is the slight whine I hear from the differencial that I hear a lot of people also noticing on their '05s. Not a big deal and doesnt effect performance but it can get a little annoying.
Old 12/9/04, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

unfortunately can't modify the poll.
Old 12/9/04, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by lucky lou@December 9, 2004, 11:57 AM
Since there seems to be a significant amount of multiple posts on '05 related issues // which seem to be concerning allot of owners & potential buyers I thought it would be interesting to conduct a poll on problems so that we can get a decent idea how severe the issues really are.
Lou, great poll idea , but you've neglected to list a couple of the most common issues that have been brought up on this forum. Namely, the 'Service Engine Soon' light (not necessarily an electrical problem) and the hesitation (could be either electrical or drivetrain). A bit more specifics in your poll would be great.

Only problem I've had is the engine light coming on. Otherwise, car is perfect B)
Old 12/9/04, 01:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

It would be a long poll if it covered everything. This will at least give people an idea of how many are having trouble, and if people post their issues, how bad the trouble is.

Jason
Old 12/9/04, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've had the same gear whine that others have mentioned, though it is more of an annoyance than anything.

I voted for "other", because I have two clicking and rattling sounds in my dash. One is within the guage cluster, and the other is somewhere behind the two middle A/C vents. Of course when I brought the car to the dealer to have them look into the problem, they were non-existant. So, next time the rattles express themselves, I'll stop by the dealer and take a service tech for a test drive, so he/she can hear them firsthand. Unwanted interior noises really bother me.

Those are the only problems. It is still a great car, and I'm having a great time with it.
Old 12/9/04, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ive had no real "Problems"...squeeky breaks is all...but thats nothing.
Old 12/9/04, 01:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2005TorchRedGT+December 9, 2004, 2:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2005TorchRedGT @ December 9, 2004, 2:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lucky lou@December 9, 2004, 11:57 AM
Since there seems to be a significant amount of multiple posts on '05 related issues // which seem to be concerning allot of owners & potential buyers I thought it would be interesting to conduct a poll on problems so that we can get a decent idea how severe the issues really are.
Lou, great poll idea , but you've neglected to list a couple of the most common issues that have been brought up on this forum. Namely, the 'Service Engine Soon' light (not necessarily an electrical problem) and the hesitation (could be either electrical or drivetrain). A bit more specifics in your poll would be great.

Only problem I've had is the engine light coming on. Otherwise, car is perfect B) [/b][/quote]
double 05 Red -- I knew it wouldn't have been perfect -- pretty stressed here at work when I though of the idea. I was hoping that the "other" category would cover what I missed. U know... I know not all of us read through all of the previous posts -- but I usually do. I figured at least this way if people explained their problem we could get a general idea of what the "other" problems consisted of and what the frequency level might be.
Old 12/9/04, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CA Stang@December 9, 2004, 2:30 PM
I've had the same gear whine that others have mentioned, though it is more of an annoyance than anything.

I voted for "other", because I have two clicking and rattling sounds in my dash. One is within the guage cluster, and the other is somewhere behind the two middle A/C vents. Of course when I brought the car to the dealer to have them look into the problem, they were non-existant. So, next time the rattles express themselves, I'll stop by the dealer and take a service tech for a test drive, so he/she can hear them firsthand. Unwanted interior noises really bother me.

Those are the only problems. It is still a great car, and I'm having a great time with it.
how loud is the rattling??? can you hear it w/ your radio on???
Old 12/9/04, 02:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by GTVroom@December 9, 2004, 12:57 PM
My passenger side airbag "off" light comes on even though there is a passenger in the car. Gonna have to take that in and have it fixed.
If the passenger is light weight (I believe under 75 lbs) then the "off" light will turn on.
Old 12/9/04, 02:49 PM
GT Member

If the passenger is light weight (I believe under 75 lbs) then the "off" light will turn on.
It turns off with me in it. Then it will go off, then come back on. It does that the entire time I'm in the seat.

Quick Reply: let's see if we can get an accurate idea...