2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Let's pull Dustin over again for something stupid, Part IV: The Saga Continues

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/06, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ April 19, 2006, 9:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
...and you can't pump your own gas.
[/b][/quote]

Luckily that's not everywhere. here in pennsylvania you do it yourself, but jersey makes them do it for you.
Old 4/19/06, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mudshuvel319 @ April 19, 2006, 8:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Luckily that's not everywhere. here in pennsylvania you do it yourself, but jersey makes them do it for you.
[/b][/quote]

over here in civilization you can do it yourself too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

of course you cant go over 25mph until 2am on thursday and it takes me 45 min to drive 12 miles to work in the morning but that another annoying story
Old 4/19/06, 09:13 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In a real state you can pump your own gas

New Jersey and Oregon aren't real states
Old 4/19/06, 10:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ April 18, 2006, 7:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OMG I left out the best part
I felt better a half mile later on the highway when a young girl around 21 with giant milk cartons in a low cut shirt literally hung out the window @ 75 mph screaming NICE CAR.

She was with who I presume was her boyfriend otherwise I would have said NICE $@!S and gave her my number
[/b][/quote]

LMFAO that's awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Oh and you obviously live in a completely crime free area for him to pull you over for ridiculous crap like that. You're a menace to society! The audacity to be 1/2 a car legnth behind someone at a stop light. Sheesh. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ April 19, 2006, 11:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
In a real state you can pump your own gas

New Jersey and Oregon aren't real states
[/b][/quote]

LMFAO man you're killing me! I'm so glad the powers that be aren't in the room or they'd hear me completely losing it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

1 car length for ever 10 mph i think. But peeople are commiting real crimes in this country and he's hassling you over this? Pssh
Old 4/19/06, 10:51 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tw0scoops123 @ April 19, 2006, 12:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
1 car length for ever 10 mph i think. But peeople are commiting real crimes in this country and he's hassling you over this? Pssh
[/b][/quote]

No, It's 2 seconds behind the car in front of you. The faster one travels, the greater the distance required between the two vehicles. What a bunch of whining...........
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 10:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What I truly want to know is if he was behind Dustin...how could he accurately tell what distance Dustin had?
Old 4/19/06, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Redfire05GT @ April 19, 2006, 12:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No, It's 2 seconds behind the car in front of you. The faster one travels, the greater the distance required between the two vehicles. What a bunch of whining...........
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Connecticut law is very vague:

"Sec. 14-240. Vehicles to be driven reasonable distance apart. (a) No driver of a motor vehicle shall follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having regard for the speed of such vehicles, the traffic upon and the condition of the highway and weather conditions."

I do remember when I learned to drive that the rule of thumb was 1 car length for each 10 mph. Now the Connecticut Driver's Manual goes with the 2 second rule:

• Watch for when the rear of the vehicle ahead passes a sign, pole, or any other stationary point.
• Count the seconds it takes you to reach the same spot- “one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand.â€
• You are following too closely if you pass the mark before you finish counting.
• If so, drop back and then count again at another spot to check the new following distance.
• Repeat until you are following no closer than “two seconds.â€
Old 4/19/06, 12:56 PM
Cobra Member

Where I live if you follow the 2 second rule someone will cut in front of you and fill up the empty slot. I hope the cop wins the next pocket pool tournament.
Old 4/19/06, 02:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

While it ain't funny, guess you gotta laugh it off. Many a year ago when growing up in Chicago and dating a girl from the burbs, I usually got stopped either picking her up or dropping her off. Like out of the car and hands on the roof. Never did fiqure if it was me or my rust bucket 53 Merc that offended the Boys
Old 4/19/06, 04:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ April 19, 2006, 9:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Remind me to never move to the northeast.

Can't drive your car four feet without being pulled over and you can't pump your own gas.
[/b][/quote]

I've always pumped my own gas. Are you thinking of New Jersey?
What other states don't have self serve? I think I'd like to know so I can avoid them too.
Old 4/19/06, 04:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

And your tag reads what???? Something about eating dust??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Ahh, the Nashua, NH diaper-cops. Gotta love 'em. I love how they'll risk their lives standing there on the side of the road next to your car with traffic whizzing by, blinding the s**t out of the oncoming traffic with their blue lights, all because you did nothing wrong. Pure genious. Do I smell bacon?...

Getting pulled over for fog lights is even better. Are they even 1/4 as bright as their freakin blue lights?
Old 4/19/06, 10:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Come on Dustin. He was probably so shocked that you pulled over he forgot what he was stopping you for and had to make something up real quick. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/aktion028.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Off topic but in reply to filling up in NJ:
I hate filling up in NJ. Dealing with those retarded gas attendants. This one guy looked at my car, took my credit card and rolled his eyes. Prolly thought i was some spoiled rich kid with a nice car.

Felt like taking his turban and beating him with it.
Old 4/20/06, 03:57 PM
GT Member

Dustin your posts about driving around in your cop magnet are hysterical!

Every time someone posts about being pulled over the cop ALWAYS first asks "Do you know why I pulled your over?". Would someone really ever answer with anything other than "uh, no"?

I sure would love to say "because I look like I'd like you to harrass me?!".
Old 4/20/06, 06:00 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

The worst part about driving through NJ was having the "slow to fill" TSB-ridden gas tank and having to pull out my spanish pocket translator so I could explain to the gas attendant how to fill it correctly. I finally gave up and went to 3 gas stations after getting 2 gallons at each one. Just enough to get to NY.
Old 4/20/06, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wjones14 @ April 19, 2006, 12:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Connecticut law is very vague:

"Sec. 14-240. Vehicles to be driven reasonable distance apart. (a) No driver of a motor vehicle shall follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having regard for the speed of such vehicles, the traffic upon and the condition of the highway and weather conditions."

I do remember when I learned to drive that the rule of thumb was 1 car length for each 10 mph. Now the Connecticut Driver's Manual goes with the 2 second rule:

• Watch for when the rear of the vehicle ahead passes a sign, pole, or any other stationary point.
• Count the seconds it takes you to reach the same spot- “one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand.â€
• You are following too closely if you pass the mark before you finish counting.
• If so, drop back and then count again at another spot to check the new following distance.
• Repeat until you are following no closer than “two seconds.â€
[/b][/quote]

Repeat proceedure all the way home as car after car squeezes into the gap you have allowed.
Old 4/21/06, 09:08 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(klous @ April 20, 2006, 9:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Repeat proceedure all the way home as car after car squeezes into the gap you have allowed.
[/b][/quote]

lol .. This made me laugh.
Old 4/21/06, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

"have badge, will harass"

Quick Reply: Let's pull Dustin over again for something stupid, Part IV: The Saga Continues