2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The latest BS from my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/04, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer just called me to give me new "info"

First off, he told me he's been calling around for two days trying the figure out whats wrong. He's called Ford, other dealers, etc. The only info he's gathered is that some cars have more problems than others (no specific problems are known) and that some are taking longer to fix than others.

Then he went on to tell me that the problems were in all automatics trannys, no manual trannys. I started to get annoyed, so I asked him why he knew that but didn't know the specific problem. So then I started to get ticked. He told me that NO autos had been shipped from the plant, and he didn't know when mine would come. I went off. I told him I was sitting in a black GT auto just 3 days ago at another dealership and that he had no clue what he was talking about. I told him I didn't appreciate him trying to make it look like he knew what he was doing by telling me lies. I told him the whole situation was ridiculous, and to emphasize my point, I hung up on him. Maybe he'll call back later.

Someones gotta know something more than I do. I'm not even the $%&#ing car delaer and I know more than him. Its absolutley pathetic. A total waste of my time and energy. I'm really turned off by all this, and too bad, no one wants to listen from Ford, because its simple, they don't care.

What a poor excuse of a company.
Old 11/4/04, 01:45 PM

go to your dealer where you are buying it from, speak to the manager and say you want to cancel your order right now. They'll soon run round for you and get it sorted!!
Old 11/4/04, 01:46 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing I have learned since ordering back in May is, don't listen to a thing the dealer says to you. He/she has no idea what they are talking about. Did you put a downpayment on the car? If not then stop complaining and go somewhere else. I highly doubt the attitude you took with the dealer would make him want to call you back.
Old 11/4/04, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I do have a downpayment on it, mainly because they called me at the end of September and said it was coming that week, and I had to start my payments.

This is what they can expect from me now. No more Mr. nice guy. Its their job. Find my car, get it here, and leave me alone for good.
Old 11/4/04, 01:54 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Dude-
ITS A CAR.

The Sky isn't falling, I assure you! And everyone knows the average car salesman knows less than we do.
Old 11/4/04, 01:57 PM
Bullitt Member

This ISNT the average salesman.

I'm dealing with the Fleet manager, Sales Manager, GM, AND owner on this, because we've been customers there for so long. They deal directly with us.

And if they don't get the ball rolling, if I don't have my car by Monday, I'm telling them to give me my mopney back and I'll go order it from another dealer for the spring.

Maybe that'll give them some incentive to make some calls and make it happen.
Old 11/4/04, 01:58 PM
Banned

WOW..........try another dealer my friend. Good Luck!!

Moderated Post

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/1/23 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11/4/04, 02:00 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Your dealer does sound like an ahole.

I would get my $ back, go get one off another lot and then go do donuts in his dealership lot.
Old 11/4/04, 02:09 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

The no auto line sounds similar to the no stick line I got from a local dealer here in Cali. I was sitting in his Silver GT Auto, and the idiot looked at me and said, "Oh, you want a stick? They arent making GT sticks, maybe next year." I about peed my pants I laughed so hard. I am glad my dealer is smarter than to try those lines with me.

In fact, my dealer called me this morning. All he could tell me was, "I am just calling because our system has been updated, and there is no change on your status. If you get any more info, let me know." He is aware that I am getting better info than he is, he is being very upfront about everything. He shares my frustration with the allocation circus, and is still telling me that if I find my car on another lot, he is happy to try and get me XPlan. He doesnt think it will happen... but he will try, LOL We already tried to get another dealer to do a car swap with them and my dealer got laughed at. The other dealer is getting a minimum of 5k over MSRP for thier 05s.

I am frustrated, but, I cant blame any of this on the dealer, from what I have been seeing they are the best ones out there. Believe me, I have talked to every dealer within 30 miles of me. I am going to go up to 100 mile radius this weekend, and see what I can come up with.
Old 11/4/04, 02:54 PM
GT Member

Angry

[QUOTE]And if they don't get the ball rolling, if I don't have my car by Monday, I'm telling them to give me my mopney back and I'll go order it from another dealer for the spring.[QUOTE]

Sorry about all the trouble your going through to get your car but if I were you I wouldn't wait till Monday. They wont have it by Monday.
Old 11/4/04, 04:39 PM
GT Member

Hello from a fellow sufferer! I've told the story of my car on other threads so I won't repeat it here except to say my GT is still not here, after having been made in early September! Today we found out the car is still at Flat Rock, and it is awaiting "repairs"! Not very comforting is it? My dealer through all this has been above board, and always super to work with. We've done business with each other" for over 25 years. At this point, he seems more frustrated than me! This wait has given me time to come up with some new Ford slogans. Like "First Out Randomly delivered", or how about....in reverse as...."Driver Returns On Foot". OR "Found On Rear Dock". Finally, "First On Recall Day".
Old 11/4/04, 04:46 PM
Queen Of Nascar

This wait has given me time to come up with some new Ford slogans. Like "First Out Randomly delivered", or how about....in reverse as...."Driver Returns On Foot". OR "Found On Rear Dock". Finally, "First On Recall Day".

I know you have got to be very aggravated by now.
Old 11/4/04, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

More and more of these "Frustration" threads are popping up.......And since I have my car, you might think I've forgotten the " Pain and Agony".....I haven't. One of the problems I believe with all the BS is , most people no longer order cars, so dealers have little experience handling it when the Q's come up. They may be used to telling folks just about anything to get them moving on. Compounding it , there are few times when a product likes this comes out , followed by Enthusiasts like us who hang on every word! I don't believe that you are likely to get any "Hard" info from most dealers...They just don't know. We have a few "Quality" dealer people here who when they speak I for one Listen up B) . One thing I CAN tell you, When your car comes in, it will be worth all the hassles believe me. Just keep some perspective, there are years of good times down the road with these cars.
Old 11/4/04, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

DJ- Do you know your official status from the status sheet or just what your salesman tells you?
Old 11/4/04, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DJ07@November 4, 2004, 1:52 PM
I do have a downpayment on it, mainly because they called me at the end of September and said it was coming that week, and I had to start my payments.

This is what they can expect from me now. No more Mr. nice guy. Its their job. Find my car, get it here, and leave me alone for good.
You shouldn't be required to start making payments until 30 days after you sign off on delivery of a vehicle you are purchasing. Which usually requires a test drive and a walk around.

Kind of hard to do either if it's still in Flatrock.

Get you money back and go to another dealer.
Old 11/4/04, 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

I share and still feel your pain dude! But , why would you start payments before taking delivery?

Chest pain (I have heart disease) is nagging away at me from the last week of BS from the first dealers G-S-M. Even though we lucked out with good deal on a new GT from another dealer, (They will be my dealer of choice now.) its rainning out so I can even go drive the one we have to ease my pain. I hate the low pressure of storms, they add to my chest pain.
Old 11/4/04, 07:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DJ07@November 4, 2004, 3:42 PM
My dealer just called me to give me new "info"

First off, he told me he's been calling around for two days trying the figure out whats wrong. He's called Ford, other dealers, etc. The only info he's gathered is that some cars have more problems than others (no specific problems are known) and that some are taking longer to fix than others.

Then he went on to tell me that the problems were in all automatics trannys, no manual trannys. I started to get annoyed, so I asked him why he knew that but didn't know the specific problem. So then I started to get ticked. He told me that NO autos had been shipped from the plant, and he didn't know when mine would come. I went off. I told him I was sitting in a black GT auto just 3 days ago at another dealership and that he had no clue what he was talking about. I told him I didn't appreciate him trying to make it look like he knew what he was doing by telling me lies. I told him the whole situation was ridiculous, and to emphasize my point, I hung up on him. Maybe he'll call back later.

Someones gotta know something more than I do. I'm not even the $%&#ing car delaer and I know more than him. Its absolutley pathetic. A total waste of my time and energy. I'm really turned off by all this, and too bad, no one wants to listen from Ford, because its simple, they don't care.

What a poor excuse of a company.
dont forget the dealer has THOUSANDS of vehicles to worry about, you are only spending all your time on one, thats not even there yet.
Old 11/4/04, 07:59 PM
V6 Member

I feel for all of you but I dont have a car until my 05 v6 man comes in(after a stripped rear end in my 85 ranger) and I will be waiting at least 3 mos. This is supposed to make all of yall feel better. For now I am walking and riding with friends. aplan $18,350 v6 coupe
Old 11/4/04, 08:11 PM

Sorry but they don't have to worry about thousands of cars all they really have to worry about is probably closer to like 10-15 cars plus what used cars they get but they don't need to know as much about those as they do about their own cars.
The Mustang, Five Hundred, Freestyle. Taurses, Rangers, F series, E series, Focus, Explorers, Crown Vics, Expeditions. and Excursions are about the only cars I can think of that they need to know much about and they DO sell those cars so in my mind they should know alittle about them and expessially on something like a new mustang that is coming out that there is alot of hype about.
What Dealer are you going to? I work at Interstate Ford in Ohio and saw that you live in Ohio. I'm kind of upset with my dealer becuase they say they aren't shipping Mustangs with 5-spd manuals until March to May next year and that I can't use my D plan until at least the first of the year.
Old 11/4/04, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Syrus_Rane@November 4, 2004, 8:14 PM
Sorry but they don't have to worry about thousands of cars all they really have to worry about is probably closer to like 10-15 cars plus what used cars they get but they don't need to know as much about those as they do about their own cars.
The Mustang, Five Hundred, Freestyle. Taurses, Rangers, F series, E series, Focus, Explorers, Crown Vics, Expeditions. and Excursions are about the only cars I can think of that they need to know much about and they DO sell those cars so in my mind they should know alittle about them and expessially on something like a new mustang that is coming out that there is alot of hype about.
What Dealer are you going to? I work at Interstate Ford in Ohio and saw that you live in Ohio. I'm kind of upset with my dealer becuase they say they aren't shipping Mustangs with 5-spd manuals until March to May next year and that I can't use my D plan until at least the first of the year.
psst...

Kevin's a dealer.

Quick Reply: The latest BS from my dealer