2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Kevin, how bout some prices?

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/04, 07:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Kevin, you seem to always have the 411 on the '05. I know you're a dealer, how about some prices? Thanks.
Old 8/1/04, 07:10 AM
Banned

By the way, I don't know if this is accurate. Don't take this as fact but I found a base price at this link:
http://www.carsdirect.com/research/ford/mu...2005/gt_premium
Old 8/1/04, 09:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

i dunno if any of this information is available yet...and as far as i know, none of the major sources have done test drives or reviews yet.

Ford Mustang Review Snapshot

What reviewers liked most about the Ford Mustang:
"Performance is what the Mustang GT is all about." -- New Car Test Drive

"Braking performance is robust and fade-free." -- Car and Driver

What reviewers liked least about the Ford Mustang:
"Interior is cramped." -- Car and Driver

"shifter...is too far forward of the driver" -- Edmunds.com
may be a close estimite though. i'm sure this forum will be buzzing as soon as the pricing is official. unless i just missed something in the last few days.

*edit:

also...from what i've read from people here at TMS who have sat in the car, say its roomie like crazy. we've seen some pics of some pretty big guys in there with no problems. i'm actually glad the shiffter is up a little...i deffinatly don't want my arm hitting a console or other obstruction.

guess we'll just have to see though.

Old 8/1/04, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

also...from what i've read from people here at TMS who have sat in the car, say its roomie like crazy. we've seen some pics of some pretty big guys in there with no problems. i'm actually glad the shiffter is up a little...i deffinatly don't want my arm hitting a console or other obstruction.
The Mustang is cavernous when it comes to the front seat. I sat in it with the seat all the way back and I couldn't reach the peddles (I'm 5'6"). However with the front seats all the way back there is no way that anyone is sitting in the back seat. So if you want to bring more then 2 people I hope you're no taller then about 5'8" because they probably won't fit with the seats back very far. But the driver and passenger have tons of space up front

I disagree with Edmunds on the shifter... When I sat in the 05 it felt like is placed perfectly.
Old 8/1/04, 09:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Also, I think Brad posted on another tread about a method to determine price. But the idea was to build an '04 on Ford's website and then add anywhere form 5% to 10% onto that price. The GT loaded is around $30k and the v6 loaded is around $24k.

Those numbers sound pretty accurate too me.
Old 8/1/04, 11:00 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Official pricing will be released sometime this month.

I am sure kevin will be posting the goods within a few minutes of him getting it.
Old 8/1/04, 11:30 AM
V6 Member

Considering that I am only 5'3", I don't mind the shifter being far forward. The shifter in my 2000 Mustang GT has a problem with hitting the front cupholder. Meaning, if I want to bring home dinner and milkshakes for me AND my husband, I can't do it in my car because the front cup will get totally smushed when I put it into reverse, second, or fourth.

From the interior pictures of the '05, it doesn't seem like this will be a problem with my new car (at least I'm hoping, I haven't actually sat in one yet).
Old 8/1/04, 11:56 AM

I have a feeling those review quotes are about the current (SN-95) Mustang. I don't think car magazines have test drove the new 05 yet, and cramped interior and too-far-forward shifter certainly apply to the current model.
Old 8/1/04, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Gene Jockey@August 1, 2004, 12:59 PM
I have a feeling those review quotes are about the current (SN-95) Mustang. I don't think car magazines have test drove the new 05 yet, and cramped interior and too-far-forward shifter certainly apply to the current model.
lol yea they are from the old car. The brakes stunk on them though, dont know what C&D was talking about.
Old 8/1/04, 04:46 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by kevinb120+August 1, 2004, 5:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ August 1, 2004, 5:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gene Jockey@August 1, 2004, 12:59 PM
lol yea they are from the old car. The brakes stunk on them though, dont know what C&D was talking about. [/b][/quote]
Come on, PRICESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to find out if I have to go get a real job- since I can't make up my mind, I want two!
Old 8/1/04, 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

Heres to hoping they'll be out by next week...
Old 8/1/04, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@August 1, 2004, 4:49 PM
Come on, PRICESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to find out if I have to go get a real job- since I can't make up my mind, I want two!
Come on dude, Ford has said they'll be about +2% from current prices. So go to fordvehicles.com, build a current comparable (feature-wise) Mustang, and add 2%. There you go.

I guess you might be a grand or so off in either direction, but you shouldn't be sweating $1000 on a $25,000 purchase.
Old 8/2/04, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@August 1, 2004, 11:03 AM
Official pricing will be released sometime this month.

I am sure kevin will be posting the goods within a few minutes of him getting it.
We are like Pavlov's dog. I bet a lot of us will be checking the site numerous times waiting for the price sheet.

I know what it will basically cost, but having new info is great.
Old 8/3/04, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Considering that I am only 5'3", I don't mind the shifter being far forward. The shifter in my 2000 Mustang GT has a problem with hitting the front cupholder. Meaning, if I want to bring home dinner and milkshakes for me AND my husband, I can't do it in my car because the front cup will get totally smushed when I put it into reverse, second, or fourth.

From the interior pictures of the '05, it doesn't seem like this will be a problem with my new car (at least I'm hoping, I haven't actually sat in one yet).
If it helps, I'm 5'6" and sat in an 05 GT w/Manual Tranny and the stick was perfectly square in my hand when I was resting it on the center console.

You also needn't worry about the cupholders in the 05 and the shifter, as they sit in the console behind the shifter and slightly below the level of the rest of the console. B)
Old 8/3/04, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Longhorn-gal@August 1, 2004, 5:33 PM

I had a '99 GT, and that problem with the placement of the cupholder was annoying. I couldn't shift into 2nd, 4th, or reverse without the shifter smashing into the cup in the forward cupholder.

That problem was actually fixed for the '01 model year, when the Mustang received a center console update. My '02 leaves room between the shifter and forward cupholder.

I've sat in the '05, and you won't have that problem.
Old 8/3/04, 05:26 PM
V6 Member

Wonderful! Thanks for the good news, CA Stang and Stadifer.
Old 8/3/04, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the pricing has got to come out soon
Old 8/3/04, 07:15 PM

Drove an 04 GT premium 5-speed at the dealer yesterday. I noticed that there was very little room for my left foot to rest. I was almost resting on the clutch. What's the space in the 05 like when it comes to foot room?

Thanks
Old 8/7/04, 11:25 AM
GT Member

Crap 1 month out and still No prices..Hurry up Ford.
Old 8/8/04, 05:49 AM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Avalanche@August 7, 2004, 11:28 AM
Crap 1 month out and still No prices..Hurry up Ford.
Actually it's 2 months out. The '05 Stang "officially" goes on sale October 1. That's when Ford announces prices, although they will most likely give the dealers pricing info in September

Quick Reply: Kevin, how bout some prices?