2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

KC: Shaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 11/24/06, 02:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KC: Shaker Question

KC,
you are my last hope, i've done the research, got the wiring diagrams and everything but maybe you could solve the question before I attempt this project.
I have the shaker 500 & yesterday at the salvage yard I found a shaker sub & amps. Forget the radio the guy who was driving wrapped it up pretty good @ 80mph.. passenger seat was destoryed.
Anyways, someone at my local dealership called someone in audio.. don't know if it was ford directly or someone onsite, but after reviewing the diagrams, the only thingi could find was that the shaker 1000 is the sub & amps + the shaker 500. Will I be able to tap into the rear speak wires and use the connector from the orginal car and splice it over and plug & play?
I know i won't have hardly any control over the subs & amps in the rear but, i if i could get them working that would be a start.

The guy in audio said that it wasn't possible to upgrade... b/c the stereos are different. the only thing i found different was the shaker option?
So first off i want to know if they are just being lazy and not wanting to put up with me or what? And later on wiould it be possible to buy the shaker 1000 stereo and swap them out and the shaker control work?

The guy installing my stereo is an eletrican and after reviewing the diagrams he has come to believe getting the connector and splcing in to the rear speak wire will activate the subs & amps.

Although the guy at ford recommened me to someone at a local audio store and he said it wouldn't work i would have to get a whole new wiring harness b/c it was different frequency.

So if you could shine any light on any of this that would be great..

Thanks
Travis Coleman

- Inreference to thread : http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=56704
Old 11/24/06, 11:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

ok now i am really aggervated... kinda forgot i was a TMS member, umm.. after looking at the audio manual it says that the plug for the rear sub is part of "somenumber' but after looking at the rear parcel speakers it is the same number so what would be the problme with splicing it? I think who ever it was lied!
Old 11/27/06, 12:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

doesn't anyone have information on this??
Old 11/30/06, 09:40 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
I have Done Research on this in the Past. It is Not an Easy Deal. To do it Correctly you would need the Main Wiring Harness out of a Shaker 1000 Car as well as the head unit and of Course all Related components. Can it be Rigged Possably. awhile back one of Fords Radio Suppliers Called me after Ford Had Contacted Him to see if the Retrofit was possible. Seems a Now Defunct Dealer had misordered a couple of Shelbys with the 500 System and wanted to put in the 1000. So Even Ford does not have all the answers on this. You might find a real good Radio Shop to Rig it for you. I always have my 1000 on so there is no reason to shut it off or on really. I wish I had a better answer for you. Anything Can be Be Done but at what Cost or Effort.

Good Luck!

KC
Old 11/30/06, 10:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

see the effort i have and the cost wise, only thing i'm lacking is the head unit... I have been looking at the wiring diagrams and we'll hoping for the best. Once the project is complete i'll make an audio file along with the level recordings to see how it is hitting an so forth.
My father is an electrian an also an ex-toyota employee. He fixed the robots that broke down so i'm hoping we will be able to figure this out..
I'll post the status and if we get it to work properly without the sub control i'll create a pdf if TMS would like on on the steps & procedures?

Thanks for the luck,
I will be needing it