2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Just Spoke To My Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/05, 02:14 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I called my dealer to talk about the TSBs, and set up a time and date to get my car in...

He of course asked how my car is, and we chatted for a bit. The key things he had to say:

With all the orders they have currently, they are on track to be ordering 07's IN 30 DAYS! Thats just insane.

If youre looking for a GT on a lot, be prepared to pay markup, or you are not getting one. He has got people coming to order 06s at this point.

Its his opinion that 05 GTs are going to be worth some coin. Going by historical data on it, the first model year of the Mustang, a GT, early production shut down, IUPs, etc, he strongly feels that in about 10 years they will be worth a LOT more than 06s.

They have 6 V6s on the lot right now. All Coupes, and they ARE ACCEPTING XPLAN on the lot V6s. If you want a V6, I would talk to Daniel Hernandez at RSM Ford. Other Ford dealerships may have GTs on the lots, but I know for a fact they are marking up, and defintely are not accepting plans. RSM doesnt mark up, at all, but only plans are accepted on ordered GTs, and at this point you are ordering an 06, an 07 if you wait too long.

Thought I would let you all know....
Old 5/4/05, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 4, 2005, 2:17 PM
So, I called my dealer to talk about the TSBs, and set up a time and date to get my car in...

With all the orders they have currently, they are on track to be ordering 07's IN 30 DAYS! Thats just insane.

Do you mean 06s in 30 days?
Old 5/4/05, 02:20 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

No, Marc, I mean 07s. He said they have SO MANY orders in the bank they are already working on 06s, and if they continue in this vein, they will be doing orders for 07s. Orders as much as they can. Obviously, with no info on what the 07s are going to be like, they are going to use the 06 stats, and then convert them to 07 orders mid year 06.
Old 5/4/05, 02:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow...a car that actually appreciates in 10 years? That's a twist.
Old 5/4/05, 02:23 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

No guarantees on it of course, but thats his opinion...
Old 5/4/05, 02:26 PM
V6 Member

Hey JessicaRabbit,

RSM Ford? Is that Rancho Santa Margarita Ford? If it is, I use to live a few blocks from there. Just moved to NM last August. I went looking for an expedition back in Jan and they were just the biggest jerks!!!! I ended up getting an expedition at Tuttleclick instead. What a deal too. We got an EB for 32k! ANyways, just wanted to know. Thanks
Old 5/4/05, 02:26 PM
Cobra Member

I doubt that appreciate. Either way I don't care, I don't look at it like an investment. If it did for some reason go up I wouldn't be mad.
Old 5/4/05, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, that's crazy, 07 orders in 05. Glad to hear I 'may' have a collector's item on my hands soon (I hope, I hope!). Thanks for the good info Jessica!
Old 5/4/05, 02:30 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 4, 2005, 3:26 PM
No offense but I don't think that will happen. The biggest reason is that I personally don't believe that any modern cars can become classics the way classics have become classics. My main reasoning for this is the technology that is used in modern cars cannot stand the test of time that older cars can (i.e. eventually circuitry will go out and due to the cost to create facilities for this circuitry, eventually the circuitry will stop being made).

For this particular car they have made more 05 Mustang GTs than previous years. And yet this car will maintain value? That doesn't really add up.

The car may maintain value reasonably well. The car may be considered a great modern design (estetcily(sp)). I don't think the value of the car will increase.

But I'm not a car expert so I'm sure I could be wrong.

EDIT:

I also don't understand this 07 order thing. So.....since I haven't ordered an 06 from Ford, because I'm waiting to see if my 05 order will be filled, I'm out of luck for an 06? Ford's 06 orders are all filled up already? I didn't think they were even taking 06 orders yet.
Old 5/4/05, 02:32 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Santa Margarita Ford, yup.

Surprised to hear anyone had a bad time there. They have been FANTASTIC for us. We bought my 99GT at TuttleClick, and I had the WORST time with them. Not only did they try to mark up, but they wouldnt even talk plans. The salesman was sitting on the cars, and eating peanuts, spitting the shells on the ground..

Not really thinking they are going to APPRECIATE per se in 10 years, but I do believe they will DEPRECIATE slower. I think in 20 years we are going to have something very special, my opinion. I mentioned that maybe I should keep my car stock if that is the case, and he agreed.. then I thought better of it. Whether or not it ends up being a collectable, I didnt buy it for that.
Old 5/4/05, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Xader Vartec+May 4, 2005, 2:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xader Vartec @ May 4, 2005, 2:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JessicaRabbitt@May 4, 2005, 3:26 PM
No offense but I don't think that will happen. The biggest reason is that I personally don't believe that any modern cars can become classics the way classics have become classics. My main reasoning for this is the technology that is used in modern cars cannot stand the test of time that older cars can (i.e. eventually circuitry will go out and due to the cost to create facilities for this circuitry, eventually the circuitry will stop being made).

For this particular car they have made more 05 Mustang GTs than previous years. And yet this car will maintain value? That doesn't really add up.

The car may maintain value reasonably well. The car may be considered a great modern design (estetcily(sp)). I don't think the value of the car will increase.

EDIT:

I also don't understand this 07 order thing. So.....since I haven't ordered an 06 from Ford, because I'm waiting to see if my 05 order will be filled, I'm out of luck for an 06? Ford's 06 orders are all filled up already? I didn't think they were even taking 06 orders yet.
[/b][/quote]

No offense either, but I have to disagree with you about today's cars becoming classics. Let's face it, if there's money to be made, parts and products will be available. So while you may not be able to replace the exact 05 parts in 20 years, there will be parts that you will be able to use to restore 05s. People will always love cars, and I think that today's cars will be classics, just like cars have for the last 100 years.
Old 5/4/05, 02:39 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 4, 2005, 3:17 PM
Its his opinion that 05 GTs are going to be worth some coin. Going by historical data on it, the first model year of the Mustang, a GT, early production shut down, IUPs, etc, he strongly feels that in about 10 years they will be worth a LOT more than 06s.
So if the '06 turns out trouble free without the problems and the TSBs of '05s, it would still be worth less?

Without our passion for the Mustang, most of would be saying the '05s are a bunch of lemons. Next time you speak to him ask how much is a '94 worth to him as a trade in. Whatever his answer might be, the depreciation rate of the '94s should match the '05s.
Old 5/4/05, 02:46 PM
V6 Member

I think it just comes down to your salesperson. Our guy at Tuttleclick was the greatest. Always gave us the X-plan without even asking and always worked from BlueBook up on our trades. I bought my SVTF from him a few years ago and thought we'd try RSM on the Expedition. Bad luck I guess. Oh well it worked out better for us.

As far as the 07' thing, I have a feeling it's BS. If people knew that orders weren't coming in for a year, they'll go elsewhere. He's just schnoozing with you is all. Making you feel good about your purchase and that you'll come back because he has the inside scoop!!! IMO, of course!
Old 5/4/05, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Xader Vartec+May 4, 2005, 2:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xader Vartec @ May 4, 2005, 2:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JessicaRabbitt@May 4, 2005, 3:26 PM

EDIT:

[/b][/quote]

She is talking about the dealers order banks are filled. Meaning the dealer only has so many spots for allocation. Ford has not filled it's order banks yet on the 06's. You can still get a 06, but the way the 05 took off I would get my order in ASAP for a 06.
Old 5/4/05, 02:54 PM
Cobra Member

Our Ford rep just left and we got our build out number for the '05's. We will get a total of 8 more Mustangs for the model year. We currently have 6 retail orders in the bank and if we are lucky enough to get them all scheduled, we will have 2 more to go. We did ask for an additional 10 but he doubts we will get them. So if anyone wants to order a GT or a Vert at MSRP, I will be happy to order it and cross my fingers. Better not delay as I am sure these last two slots will be taken quickly.
Old 5/4/05, 03:00 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

George, dont know how much schnoozing a Fleet Manager does.. but, eh, whatever.

The orders that were placed in Nov are just now getting built. We know this is true, because there are several people here who are in that boat. They have three orders currently that were 05s, and they are converting them to 06s. People that are coming in to order are being told they are going to be 06s. He was saying that thier ALLOTMENT of 06s could be ordered very soon, and at this rate, will be converting 06 orders to 07 by June's end.

People arent going elsewhere, at least locally, simply because this is the only dealership not marking up, and accepting plans. They accept ALL plans, one customer is coming in at noon tomorrow ordering on A plan, knowing full well he is getting an 06. His comment is: "Oh well, you guys are the only ones accepting my plan"

Also, Daniel knows I get the scoop before he does. LOL
Old 5/4/05, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 4, 2005, 3:17 PM

He of course asked how my car is, and we chatted for a bit. The key things he had to say:

If youre looking for a GT on a lot, be prepared to pay markup, or you are not getting one. He has got people coming to order 06s at this point.

They have 6 V6s on the lot right now. All Coupes, and they ARE ACCEPTING XPLAN on the lot V6s. If you want a V6, I would talk to Daniel Hernandez at RSM Ford. Other Ford dealerships may have GTs on the lots, but I know for a fact they are marking up, and defintely are not accepting plans. RSM doesnt mark up, at all, but only plans are accepted on ordered GTs, and at this point you are ordering an 06, an 07 if you wait too long.

Thought I would let you all know....
he must be smoking crack! '05 & '06s will be "a dime a dozen" in months to come!
Old 5/4/05, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Your dealer's opinion about the cars appreciating sounds like part of his sales pitch. Frankly, I don't think that will happen due to the volume of Mustangs built. They're not exactly limited Ferraris, you know.

Check out the prices for a good first edition Mustang and you'll see what I mean. Adjust the price for inflation, factor in insurance and maintence costs over the years and you'll find that these cars are not investments.

They're meant to be driven, so go out and drive.
Old 5/4/05, 03:14 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I hope everyone can see that I never said APPRECIATED, and in fact clarified even further and said *I* think he meant in 10 years it will be worth more than the 06, not worth more than it is now.

I also wonder if anyone noticed me saying I wasnt going to worry about it, and I didnt buy it to be a collectable?

You guys crack me up. These are interesting tibits. Thats all.
Old 5/4/05, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

sorry JR,

I didn't mean to imply anything by that comment. It came across the wrong way though. Sorry. I meant that sometimes dealers/salesmen try to impress customers by what they feel they know. Mine does. However, in our cases, we usually know more than them because of places like these. Sorry again for that.

Quick Reply: Just Spoke To My Dealer