2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

June 17th Scheduling?

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/04, 10:39 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the first allocation of cars which will begin scheduling June 17 for September 7th job 1 production. These cars should be at our dealership in the beginning of October.
I have an order on file with my local Ford dealership. I have received my DORA form, so I know it's there. I was wondering, what do I need to do to ensure I get my car ASAP after Job 1 begins? Should I be telling the dealership to "do something" come June 17th? I don't want to drop the ball here..so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 6/8/04, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

They have a firm order.....and are almost certain to follow thru. Just check in with them next week to let them know you are on the ball. I am in the same boat B)
Old 6/8/04, 12:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by bullittman@June 8, 2004, 12:05 PM
They have a firm order.....and are almost certain to follow thru. Just check in with them next week to let them know you are on the ball. I am in the same boat B)
What will happen on the 17th? Will ford send them an invoice, PO#, or something of the sort? Will Ford know then I guess what date my vehicle will be built/finished? I am asking is.....what is the significance of this "scheduling"?
Old 6/8/04, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Check the "Scoop" up at sticky by Kevin...That gives the rundown on dates.
Old 6/8/04, 01:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford should be contacting dealers shortly with their allowed allotments, and then your dealer can "buy" the order from Ford. It should go through Just keep up with them.
Old 6/8/04, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mat0045+June 8, 2004, 2:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mat0045 @ June 8, 2004, 2:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bullittman@June 8, 2004, 12:05 PM
What will happen on the 17th? Will ford send them an invoice, PO#, or something of the sort? Will Ford know then I guess what date my vehicle will be built/finished? I am asking is.....what is the significance of this "scheduling"? [/b][/quote]
Scheduling is a term that means Ford actually pulls an order from the order bank and says "we will build this car on this exact day. Until a car is scheduled, it is just a ghost in the wind. B)
June 17th is the first day Ford will schedule 05 Mustangs.
Old 6/9/04, 07:41 AM
V6 Member

Scheduling is a term that means Ford actually pulls an order from the order bank and says "we will build this car on this exact day. Until a car is scheduled, it is just a ghost in the wind.
Ok, so on June 17th what should I ask my salesperson? Should they have some sort of 'proof' that the car has been scheduled? Is it in my best interest to speak with my salesperson or the ordering manager about this? Thanks for the help!
Old 6/9/04, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mat0045@June 9, 2004, 9:44 AM
Scheduling is a term that means Ford actually pulls an order from the order bank and says "we will build this car on this exact day. Until a car is scheduled, it is just a ghost in the wind.
Ok, so on June 17th what should I ask my salesperson? Should they have some sort of 'proof' that the car has been scheduled? Is it in my best interest to speak with my salesperson or the ordering manager about this? Thanks for the help!
You should ask them when your car will be scheduled and, when it is, to call you with the full vin # and schedule date.
Old 6/17/04, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Is today the day for scheduling ? Wondering if anyone was successful.
Old 6/17/04, 08:41 PM
Cobra Member

Today is the day. Salespeople are closed for right now, so I'll have to call tomorrow.

Kevin or BEK, have you heard anything today?
Old 6/17/04, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes, right now Ford is pulling the first 05 Mustangs from dealer order banks and will assign exact production days by Monday. Our first car will be scheduled next Thursday.

Psst,,, Our first car is available for sale.
Old 6/18/04, 12:48 AM

So Kevin, heres my deal. My salesman told me today that they were allotted two GT's and the first was to go to the dealer and the second was mine. The first was ordered on the 17th and mine on the 18th. He said he would fax me a copy of my DORA on Monday the 21st. I've really been on him about ensuring that mine is in the system with Ford and he assured me that it was to be. Am I forgetting to ask any "Magic Questions" or does it seem to be all good?
Old 6/18/04, 04:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks BEK355 !!! Sounds like you have a sure thing waiting for a lucky Mustang enthusiast.
Old 6/18/04, 05:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BEK355@June 17, 2004, 9:01 PM
Yes, right now Ford is pulling the first 05 Mustangs from dealer order banks and will assign exact production days by Monday. Our first car will be scheduled next Thursday.

Psst,,, Our first car is available for sale.
thanks for the info. hopefully i'll be hearing from them on monday or so if mine was succussfully pulled. hopefully they'll have projected delivery dates soon.
Old 6/18/04, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Scratch@June 18, 2004, 2:51 AM
So Kevin, heres my deal. My salesman told me today that they were allotted two GT's and the first was to go to the dealer and the second was mine. The first was ordered on the 17th and mine on the 18th. He said he would fax me a copy of my DORA on Monday the 21st. I've really been on him about ensuring that mine is in the system with Ford and he assured me that it was to be. Am I forgetting to ask any "Magic Questions" or does it seem to be all good?
If I may answer, it sounds like your all set. You may want to ask them what weeks their allocations are set to schedule and which of those weeks yours will be pulled into actual production. When the car is actually scheduled for production, they can give you an approximate build day and your full VIN #. When you get your VIN#, that's your car , you are going to be a proud owner.
Old 6/18/04, 11:53 AM
GT Member

I just received the following email from my salesman:

"Your Order was Submitted to plant. We can check next week to see if it is assigned a build date. So as of now your mustang is the first of our orders and at this time the only mustang order that Ford has submited to the plant for build".

I don't know how likely it is that mine is the first order submitted to the plant, but it sounds like a step forward in the process nonetheless.
Old 6/19/04, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

BEK, I have a Ford type question for you. I already have the DORA paperwork. With regard to scheduling the car to be built, is this something that I have to pester the dealer to do, or is it a business process that they would automatically do as part of the order/purchase ? Just kind of wondering how this works.

Thanks so much in advance.
Old 6/19/04, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Joe L@June 18, 2004, 1:56 PM
I just received the following email from my salesman:

"Your Order was Submitted to plant. We can check next week to see if it is assigned a build date. So as of now your mustang is the first of our orders and at this time the only mustang order that Ford has submited to the plant for build".

I don't know how likely it is that mine is the first order submitted to the plant, but it sounds like a step forward in the process nonetheless.
They mean the first and only order from their dealership, so far.
Old 6/19/04, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by os121@June 19, 2004, 12:08 PM
BEK, I have a Ford type question for you. I already have the DORA paperwork. With regard to scheduling the car to be built, is this something that I have to pester the dealer to do, or is it a business process that they would automatically do as part of the order/purchase ? Just kind of wondering how this works.

Thanks so much in advance.
I don't know about pester B) , but yes, you should stay in contact. It is not an automatic process. Your dealer needs to prioritize your order to get Ford to pull it for production. You may want to ask how many they have allocated and where on their list your order is. If they have been allocated enough cars to cover your order in this first allocation, they should be able to SHOW you which week your car will be pulled into the production process.

Wow, I just realized I pretty much answered this same question a few posts up. I think I'll use this:
I must like being a know-it-all. :worship:
Old 6/19/04, 07:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you BEK355, and sorry for asking you something you already answered above. I have contacted the salesman a couple of times about the scheduling, but don't have any news yet. I also asked how many they were allocated, but he did not know about that, nor how many other orders they have for the '05. He did tell me that I am one of the first. In some way I was hoping that it was someone's job at the dealer to follow my order and get the car scheduled for production, and that this was a routine thing for them. I certainly thank you for the help and guidance that you have provided, it is very nice of you to share your knowledge with us -

Hmm... wondering if I need to try and speak to someone else at the dealership ?

Quick Reply: June 17th Scheduling?