2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

JBA going to install Steeda Triax

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/05, 04:49 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got off the phone with JBA to confirm that tomorrow morning they will be using my car during a photo shoot for 5.0 Mustang Magazine tech article on installing a Steeda Triax Shifter in the new 05 GT, in exchange I get hooked up with a discount on the shifter, its installed for free and will be in magazine (well at least the guts of it will be, dont know if they will take a shot of the whole thing or not). I'm amped this should be sweet. Let the mods begin.
Old 1/13/05, 04:53 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoa! Nice dood, nice!

How did you hook that up?.....
Old 1/13/05, 04:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Awesome. will you give me a ride tomorrow so I can hear the difference between stock and the tri-ax? thats my only concern...in my 00 V6...it was fairly loud!
Old 1/13/05, 05:04 PM

I have dealt with them a lot before and had hopes to have them use my car for R&D of headers and exhaust but I didnt get my car in time, they also used my friends Z28 in a Hot Rod Magazine and TV shoot a while back (now are modding his Z06 and his fathers C6), so anyway long story short, they gave me a call saying they needed a car and offered this up and I jumped at it. They say they will developing more products in the future (not sure as to what) but asked if they needed to if they could use my car for future stuff like that, they take care of me well there, you wouldnt believe the hook up on headers I am going to be getting from them.

And Rick yeah we'll take her for a spin. I hope they arent noisy. Was it a bad noise like it sounded broken or something?
Old 1/13/05, 05:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

no....like your sitting under the car while shifting. kind of loud and metalic. it should be fine though...I am guessing it was the installer that messed it up on my last car

(it was me. :-) )
Old 1/14/05, 06:15 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rrobello@January 13, 2005, 6:07 PM
I have dealt with them a lot before and had hopes to have them use my car for R&D of headers and exhaust but I didnt get my car in time, they also used my friends Z28 in a Hot Rod Magazine and TV shoot a while back (now are modding his Z06 and his fathers C6), so anyway long story short, they gave me a call saying they needed a car and offered this up and I jumped at it. They say they will developing more products in the future (not sure as to what) but asked if they needed to if they could use my car for future stuff like that, they take care of me well there, you wouldnt believe the hook up on headers I am going to be getting from them.

And Rick yeah we'll take her for a spin. I hope they arent noisy. Was it a bad noise like it sounded broken or something?
Sweet - lemme know how those headers are, man. My brother is eyeing those for his and his wife's Redfire GT...
Old 1/14/05, 07:10 AM
V6 Member

Just wanted to let you know that the Tri-Ax is awesome. I got it installed earlier this week and I love it. It is louder with a metallic cluncking sound when you shift but the sound is awesome. It is very precise it will be very hard to miss a gear with this shifter.
Old 1/14/05, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

Hopefully I get a chance to hear them at a California meet.
Old 1/14/05, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by Burke0011+January 14, 2005, 7:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Burke0011 @ January 14, 2005, 7:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rrobello@January 13, 2005, 6:07 PM

Sweet - lemme know how those headers are, man. My brother is eyeing those for his and his wife's Redfire GT... [/b][/quote]
Ill let you know as soon as I get them in, the Triax wasnt going to be the first mod but since it came up and they will be using it for the tech article, I moved things around a bit. But so you know, I have used their headers in the past (on Mustangs, Cameros, and Vettes) and they are great, and Steeda is using the headers in their cars so I am sure these will be great, but I will keep you posted.
Old 1/14/05, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

I was thinking Tri-ax would be my first mod but after seeing how the stock shifter works as compared to the 04's I don't think I'll go that route. Don't need the extra noise and the shifts aren't that much better