2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Thursday ... Time to get those orders Pulled

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/05, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Since its been a long time coming and no one has opened up the topic yet, Who else out there's still waiting and hoping to get pulled tonight? The wait is over for me, the fleet manager called this morning and said I had been serialized. YES!!!!!

:w00t:

I am cautiously optimistic considering some of the stories I have heard and the fact I have not heard it directly from the ERL. Lets hope she concurs with my fleet manager or else the fleet manager will have some explaining to do.

ERL Confirmed this morning. It is serialized :dance:
Old 4/21/05, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Icedevil@April 21, 2005, 1:08 PM
Since its been a long time coming and no one has opened up the topic yet, Who else out there's still waiting and hoping to get pulled tonight? The wait is over for me, the fleet manager called this morning and said I had been serialized. YES!!!!!

I am cautiously optimistic considering some of the stories I have heard and the fact I have not heard it directly from the ERL. Lets hope she concurs with my fleet manager or else the fleet manager will have some explaining to do.
My dealer emailed me today saying his ford rep told him my order would be "coming in" in early May. Seems a little unbelievable to me, since I am still not serialized according to ERL, and my understanding is it takes ~ 3 weeks from serialization to build date, then another 3 or so weeks for delivery (and there is only a week of April left), but my thoughts are the same - hopefully the ERL will confirm by tomorrow morning and I'll be in the final stages of the wait.

I ordered 3/7.
Old 4/21/05, 12:14 PM
GT Member

ordered 12/29/04......stuck in "sub to plant" mode for 3 weeks now.
Got a VIN but that's about all.....
Old 4/21/05, 01:01 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on, big money, big money, no whammies and. . . . . . .STOP!
Old 4/21/05, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@April 21, 2005, 1:04 PM
Old 4/21/05, 01:19 PM

Fingers are crossed, but I'm not hopeful. I'm being very patient. I work for an Auto Center and occasionally have to go the My dealership to pick up oem ford parts from the parts department. Was there monday, Stopped by the sales managers desk. I said hey whats goin on. He immediately says it wasn't pulled this week. And looks nervous. I said, oh I know. I keep track of it. And he smiles. Says, wish it went this well with the others. From what he tells me people who have been waiting less then me are starting to kick and scream. So I said, don't worry, don't brush me off, but don't worry. I'm not going to scream. And don't **** me over and everything will be ok. He's said, u can call once a week and check up. I said, naa. I got that under control. I turn to leave, and said I'll see you next on May 16th if there is no movement. he smiled and said, you do know your stuff don't you?
Old 4/21/05, 03:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Brewdogg@April 21, 2005, 2:22 PM
Fingers are crossed, but I'm not hopeful. I'm being very patient. I work for an Auto Center and occasionally have to go the My dealership to pick up oem ford parts from the parts department. Was there monday, Stopped by the sales managers desk. I said hey whats goin on. He immediately says it wasn't pulled this week. And looks nervous. I said, oh I know. I keep track of it. And he smiles. Says, wish it went this well with the others. From what he tells me people who have been waiting less then me are starting to kick and scream. So I said, don't worry, don't brush me off, but don't worry. I'm not going to scream. And don't **** me over and everything will be ok. He's said, u can call once a week and check up. I said, naa. I got that under control. I turn to leave, and said I'll see you next on May 16th if there is no movement. he smiled and said, you do know your stuff don't you?
I can't think now. What's May 16th?
Old 4/21/05, 04:59 PM

06 order bank opens.
Old 4/21/05, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Still waiting - but not as long as some of you. Dealer says me and a vert are the only two left to get pulled, but may not happen as a 05! Did say that at this point you can't order a 05 anymore - but i'm "ahead of the game" for a 06.

We'll see what happens - Come on ERL !!!!
Old 4/21/05, 07:05 PM
V6 Member

was told im either getting pulled this week or next week

will day 92 be my day of pullage?

*hopes*
Old 4/21/05, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

As of 4/20 - C&U. Maybe next week.
Old 4/21/05, 10:06 PM
V6 Member

I have been visiting my dealer every 3 weeks. The order in front of mine has a vin, so I should be next. Will it happen this week? Next week, or the first Thurday of May?

So the May 16th thing... is that for real. Should I just cancel and order an 06?
I really love the Titainum!

I cant take it any more!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh.
They are so pretty. So powerful..... somebody slap me.

Back to the wait....
Old 4/21/05, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ILikeBond+April 21, 2005, 1:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ILikeBond @ April 21, 2005, 1:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Icedevil@April 21, 2005, 1:08 PM

My dealer emailed me today saying his ford rep told him my order would be "coming in" in early May. Seems a little unbelievable to me, since I am still not serialized according to ERL, and my understanding is it takes ~ 3 weeks from serialization to build date, then another 3 or so weeks for delivery (and there is only a week of April left), but my thoughts are the same - hopefully the ERL will confirm by tomorrow morning and I'll be in the final stages of the wait.

I ordered 3/7.
[/b][/quote]

Holy !@#$%^& - ERL confirms it - serialized as of 4/21!! :dance:
Old 4/21/05, 10:19 PM

As of 4/21/05 I have been serialized waiting for build date and eta !!!!!!
Old 4/21/05, 11:54 PM
GT Member

You all stink I had high hopes for this week. :bang:
Old 4/22/05, 12:18 AM
FR500 Member

[quote=chrisma,April 21, 2005, 11:17 AM]
ordered 12/29/04......stuck in "sub to plant" mode for 3 weeks now.
Got a VIN but that's about all.....

Look at the bright side, getting a serial number is much, much better than the alternative!
Old 4/22/05, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Just got the "clean and unscheduled as of 4/20" song and dance from the ERL. Patience is a virtue I'm having a difficult time with lately.
Old 4/22/05, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got the dreaded as of 04/20/2005 C/U, not serialized. 11 weeks and counting.
Old 4/22/05, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by j404@April 21, 2005, 10:09 PM
I have been visiting my dealer every 3 weeks. The order in front of mine has a vin, so I should be next. Will it happen this week? Next week, or the first Thurday of May?

So the May 16th thing... is that for real. Should I just cancel and order an 06?
I really love the Titainum!

I cant take it any more!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh.
They are so pretty. So powerful..... somebody slap me.

Back to the wait....
According to our News Bulletin from last week, '05 orders will be taken into the middle of June with a build out date of 8/3. '06 orders do not have a Job#1 date until 8/5. Hope this helps.
Old 4/22/05, 09:52 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Xader Vartec@April 21, 2005, 2:04 PM
Free Spin.

Car ahead of me got pulled. But I haven't been pulled yet. Priority 10. Funny thing is I didn't order this mustang. This is a car that the DEALER had on order when I called. It had all the options I wanted so I told him I would buy it.

Some interesting facts from him. He said he had also heard of dealers marking up 4k-5k over MSRP for them right now. He said that he wants to find out but he just can't get the info from Ford. He said that he and all other dealers are pretty upset with Ford over the whole ordeal. He said that he had NEVER seen anything like this in his life (his dealership was started by his dad) and that Ford had really messed the whole thing up.

His fleet manager has SUPPOSEDLY told him that Ford is scrambling to figure out how to get all "sold" orders made.

I think it is interesting that dealers are getting mad at Ford.

Quick Reply: It's Thursday ... Time to get those orders Pulled