2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

It's Currently in Production, or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/05, 06:57 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, see sig for all the details. I called the Robot Lady and was told 'scheduled to be built week of Feb 28.' So I call Ford Customer Service and ask for an ETA. He tells me the ETA is Mar 21 and it's currently in production! I'm thinking this is great, then he goes on to tell me about how it's got to go through a final inspection... blah, blah... before it leaves the plant. Then he said 'The good news is it's scheduled to be built next week!' :scratch: I thought it was in production... :scratch: And he says yes it's entered production and is going down the assembly line... and it's scheduled to be built next week. (Again :scratch: ) Is the build week the week it's completed? By the way, I've never been told that I've been Locked or Bucked... and yes I get daily updates. Anyone have an explination? Thanks. B)
Old 2/25/05, 07:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes mine is in the same situation as yours its body is being constructed my actually build date is next tuesday , your all good a we both will be driving it very soon . its been a long wait
Old 2/25/05, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
O.C.D.
I have a feeling we are sort-of in the same boat. Remeber mine was also bumped up a week? I'm thinking we both got slid into the very end of this week because we were right at the cut-off. Even though yours got put back to the week of the 28th, it will probably be one of the first ones built next week. In fact, I'm pretty sure mine was only "started" today and should be finished Monday. So my ACTUAL build date will be next week.

Of course, all this is just speculation based on common sense and we all know how much of that is floating around at Ford.

tigger199
How do you know your exact build date is Tuesday? I didn't think there was anyway to find that out.
Old 2/25/05, 09:00 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@February 25, 2005, 10:32 PM
[

Of course, all this is just speculation based on common sense and we all know how much of that is floating around at Ford.

I was kind of thinking the same thing about being built. I just wish there was some way to get a concrete answer. Instead, we rely our dealers who don't know anything (scratch that, you ordered from Karpro), we rely on the Ford Customer Service people who are little help, or we can call the Robot Lady with a hearing problem. I wish there system was as good as FedEx's or UPS's, etc for tracking your $27000 automobile. Oh well, sorry for the rant... it'll be here soon.
Old 2/25/05, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
No appologies needed. I had to quit reading the "I'm still C/U" threads because it got me pissed off at Ford all over again. It'll be a LONG time before I can forgive Ford for the way they're handling all this... or not handling it, rather.

I'd LOVE to know how tigger199 already knows his build date.

Also, as for the dealers not knowing much, as much as I HATE most of them, a lot of it is Ford's fault. They're not keeping the dealers as informed as they should.