2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Its In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/06, 10:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey sorry to be confusing. here is the deal.

Leatherique will be the only thing that will hit my seats once it comes in. The reason thats the only thing i will use is due to experience. My friend used it on his 2003 M3 and it looked brand new even after 40k miles.

but i started seeing wear creases in my leather on the day i picked my car up. So I really badly wanted to start putting something on there so that the seats wouldnt get worse. so i went and got a bottle of maguires leather care. that stuff looks pretty good, but the leatherique will be here wednsday.

any other questiosn feel free to post, or PM or email me. i believe my email is on my signature.
Old 7/28/06, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
hey sorry to be confusing. here is the deal.

Leatherique will be the only thing that will hit my seats once it comes in. The reason thats the only thing i will use is due to experience. My friend used it on his 2003 M3 and it looked brand new even after 40k miles.

but i started seeing wear creases in my leather on the day i picked my car up. So I really badly wanted to start putting something on there so that the seats wouldnt get worse. so i went and got a bottle of maguires leather care. that stuff looks pretty good, but the leatherique will be here wednsday.

any other questiosn feel free to post, or PM or email me. i believe my email is on my signature.
Does it give an Armorall-like shine? I can't stand shinny leather. Please tell me there is no sheen as I am looking for something like this as well.

Nice car by the way! Mine is identical with the only diference being silver instead of white. Dealer ETA 8/17!
Old 7/28/06, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by thecarguy
Does it give an Armorall-like shine? I can't stand shinny leather. Please tell me there is no sheen as I am looking for something like this as well.

Nice car by the way! Mine is identical with the only diference being silver instead of white. Dealer ETA 8/17!
You want to use 303...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ance&n=3375251
Old 7/28/06, 08:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Joe, its Jeff from PA. I didn't get a chance to see the pics until today. AWESOME SHOTS!!!! I love the dashpad, and the leather armrests. I actually just ordered the leather covered center console cover you have for my car. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the car. I'm working on the keys, and should have them for you next week. Any plans on coming out to some upcoming shows with us all? I think there is a Cruise night on the 1st Sunday of each month in Marlton, just off of 73. I was there last month, and except for the horrible lighting storm, it was a great show. Hit me up with some upcoming shows. I'm always game. Talk to you later.
Old 7/29/06, 09:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car looks fantastic. The shifter is awesome (for factory) The white and red are incredble.
Old 7/31/06, 06:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by thecarguy

its shiny when your using it. The directions say to apply to the leather to a good "greasy" shiny look, then to let it sit in the sun and heat up for an hour or a couple. then to go back and wipe clean with a terry towel. When the stuff is initially applied, it looks pretty shiny. But once you wipe it back off (the clotch might have a little leather dye color on the towel) it looks just like a deep colored leather. Looks great i really like the stuff.
Old 7/31/06, 06:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Joe, its Jeff from PA. I didn't get a chance to see the pics until today. AWESOME SHOTS!!!! I love the dashpad, and the leather armrests. I actually just ordered the leather covered center console cover you have for my car. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the car. I'm working on the keys, and should have them for you next week. Any plans on coming out to some upcoming shows with us all? I think there is a Cruise night on the 1st Sunday of each month in Marlton, just off of 73. I was there last month, and except for the horrible lighting storm, it was a great show. Hit me up with some upcoming shows. I'm always game. Talk to you later.
hey man, thanks for the update. Yeah i am still soo excited everytime i get to drive it. Let me know when there are shows coming up i can always stop out. This next couple weeks is going to be tough though because i am out of town going to the next two nextel cup races. (Brickyard 400, and Watkins Glen) but i will be around after that.
Old 7/31/06, 07:38 AM
Cobra Member

hey man, thanks for the update. Yeah i am still soo excited everytime i get to drive it. Let me know when there are shows coming up i can always stop out. This next couple weeks is going to be tough though because i am out of town going to the next two nextel cup races. (Brickyard 400, and Watkins Glen) but i will be around after that.
Joe, you're a Nascar fan and you haven't joined my fantasy league? For shame, brother. Git yer fanny over there and check me out. 8 years on the web...

http://www.pitpup.com

Old 7/31/06, 07:57 AM
Cobra R Member

wow thats really funny, i ran accross your league a few times and never joined. i def will now.

btw are we going to try to put together a little 07 welcoming gtg?
Old 7/31/06, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
Joe, you're a Nascar fan and you haven't joined my fantasy league? For shame, brother. Git yer fanny over there and check me out. 8 years on the web...

http://www.pitpup.com

You know you're a redneck when you do Fantasy Nascar.
Old 7/31/06, 09:07 AM
Cobra Member

wow thats really funny, i ran accross your league a few times and never joined. i def will now.

btw are we going to try to put together a little 07 welcoming gtg?
Yes, and I think we should get Alan (FLASH) involved. We could stick YOU in the middle and make a Creamsicle Sandwich.

P.S. I taught them Nascar fellers everything they know about burnouts...

Old 7/31/06, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
You know you're a redneck when you do Fantasy Nascar.
You know you make people happy when you send out a check for $1100 every six races...
Old 7/31/06, 09:22 AM
Cobra R Member

sounds great,

yeah maybe you could show me a couple things about burnouts, i havent yet spun the tires in mine
Old 7/31/06, 09:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

sounds great,

yeah maybe you could show me a couple things about burnouts, i havent yet spun the tires in mine
Is it just me, or is this unit harder to get to bark than the '94-95's were. I used to bark those pulling out of a parking space...
Old 7/31/06, 09:43 AM
Cobra R Member

i got a little bark pulling out of a stop sign once. I got an informative email from a friend that did a lot of work on the SLP software for our cars. I was asking him aobut a few things due to my hatred of the throttle lag thats really apparent in our cars. He said that our cars actually close the throttle body a bit even during a power shift. It knows when you are trying to shift hard and counter acts it. This was done to reduce warranty work on the trans and rear ends. This also causes the lengthened over run to return to idle.
Old 7/31/06, 09:53 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've noticed more throttle lag and the over-run a lot the last week, driving my '07. Don't remember it being this bad in the '05 before I re-programmed it. I'm waiting for the next trip to the dealership to put on the intake and re=program, plus I'm just a little worried the program for my '05 won't work well with the '07, but I think that's mostly just to justify not putting it on yet.