2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Interior Upgrade Package Question

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/06, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Upgrade Package Question

I am new to this site and I just ordered my 07 GT Mustang Performance White with Black/Parchment IUP. I ordered just about every upgrade possible except the shaker 1000 and the sport appearance package. Are the seats in the IUP the 2 tone leather? Does anyone have any pics of this package? I love the site!!!
Old 6/27/06, 01:58 PM

Hello, I'm new to the site too. I also just ordered a 2007 GT. The IUP does not have two-tone seats by itself. I believe you have to get the premier trim package for the two tone.

Also typing in all caps is the equivelant of yelling. Just FYI.

Is this your first Mustang? If so you picked a great platform to get started with. Enjoy, and start saving money. The aftermarket for these cars is endless.
Old 6/27/06, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Not sure what you mean by "black/parchment IUP". The IUP's differ only in the option of either a "light" satin aluminum or a "dark" carbon fiber look. At this time it appears that the only way to get two tone seats is to order the California Special option in either "black with parchment" or "black with dove". The IUP does not change the seats.
Old 6/27/06, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the help. I got the premier trim with black/parchment interior, not the IUP like I said before. also, does anyone know where to get 10 inch racing stripes like the GT500 has? I am also having trouble finding stripes for the 07 with the new hood scoop. Any advice? Thanks!!
Old 6/27/06, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Looking forward to pictures of your car. To date, the only production premium trim photos posted are in dark charcoal. I believe that your premium trim will look like this attachment. This is what appears to be the premium trim in chamois. Substitute parchment on the seats and door inserts and there you have it. I would seriously consider the dark IUP option as shown in the attachment. I am biased about the dark IUP, but believe it is a must in any car with parchment.
Attached Images  
Old 6/27/06, 08:48 PM

I have now seen two V6 Premiums with the Premier Trim package. One was parchment the other was dove. In both cases, the seats, dash pad, the door inserts and carpeting were black. The door panels, quarter trim panels, lower dash, and headliner were all in the contrasting color. I believe the console is black in all cases. There are not two tone seats in the Premier trim package, apparently those are reserved for the GT/CS and the GT500.
The package does look great. Can't wait for mine to come in!
Old 6/28/06, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

Here's what VistaMike is describing:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...8&postcount=23

This is VERY different than the chamois picture that has been circulating (the one incomingRPG posted). I don't know what to think at this point. It's possible that depending on which color you choose the entire interior scheme is different.
Old 6/28/06, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I think that what we are seeing is that the premier trim color shemes differ in the V6 and GT's. So far, this is consistent with all photos and statements that identify whether it is a V6 or a GT. I believe it is model (V6 or GT) specific and not color specific.
Old 6/28/06, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Those look like pic's of a GT, they have the perferated seats.
Old 6/28/06, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FRITZ
Those look like pic's of a GT, they have the perferated seats.
I see what you are saying, but my response to that is that I think that you get the perforated seats in a V6 Premium when you order the premier trim. I am not 100% on this, but this is what logic (mine, and it is questionable) tells me.
Old 6/28/06, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

They (Ford) sure are making it tuff for you guy's that are ordering '07s.
Old 6/28/06, 02:09 PM

Thanks for all of your help everyone. My dealer told me that the sport apperance package had the lood of the chamios posted above and that the Premier package had the color inserts in the black leather seats. I have only seen that on the CS, but either way I will be happy with my new car.
Old 6/28/06, 02:33 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the GT/CS and the GT500 are the only ways to get the two-tone seats.
Old 6/28/06, 03:57 PM

I believe the Premier Trim is the chamois as most have concluded....the dove(light graphite)/black seats is most likely the Sport Appearence....To quote the 2007 Index of Key Features under Premier Trim:Chamois, Red, Dark Charcoal,Dove or Parchment sport bucket leather trimmed front and rear seats with matching color front door trim inserts and floor mats.

Under Sport Appearence Packege: "Black Interior components to contrast Graphite or parchment interiors"
Old 6/28/06, 04:17 PM

Smile first post...

I too am new. I ordered my stang on 06/12/06 and selected the PTP as an option. I chose the Black/Dove combination. While I'm still not positive about the inserts of the seats, at least there is a two tone trim effect on the seats ("Black Leather Surfaced Seat Trim w/Color Accents"). Hopefully someone can post the pictures before they pull my order so I can be sure I get what I want.
Old 6/28/06, 06:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wawhitney
I believe the Premier Trim is the chamois as most have concluded....the dove(light graphite)/black seats is most likely the Sport Appearence....To quote the 2007 Index of Key Features under Premier Trim:Chamois, Red, Dark Charcoal,Dove or Parchment sport bucket leather trimmed front and rear seats with matching color front door trim inserts and floor mats.

Under Sport Appearence Packege: "Black Interior components to contrast Graphite or parchment interiors"
OF COURSE!!!! Now that you say that, I do believe that is exactly right!! To expand on that a little, the description on page 1 of the '07 order guide reads:

o Sport Appearance Package w/Color Accent (18M) – includes the 2006 Interior Sport Appearance Package plus Black interior components (seats, carpet, mats, and front door panel inserts), Cloth or leather seats providing contrast in Graphite & Parchment Interiors and aluminum pedal covers

o Premier Trim w/Color Accent Pkg (68B) – includes wrapped & stitched IP brow and center console lid,
upgraded door armrests (w/stitching) and aluminum pedal covers. Available in Chamois, Red, and Black
leather seats with door trim inserts on 5 interior color combinations

Now it makes sense, the pictures I posted are the Sport Appearance Package and the picture incomingRPG posted is the PTP. Nice sleuth work, I do believe you nailed it!
Old 6/28/06, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

Also, looking through the order guide I do not see the SAP listed on the color chart, only the PTP. Based on the SAP description, I'm thinking it's only available in graphite & parchment. It's basically the standard graphite or parchment interior except with black seats, carpet and mats. That would make sense as this is the same as the C/S interior, the only difference being the C/S has two-tone seats.
Old 6/28/06, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't know Tres, I'll stick with my logic that it is model specific and not color specific. The pictures you posted have the "wrapped and stitched IP brow" in that Alloy Grey Premium V6. I won't rely on "my dealer told me" or "the 2007 index of Key Features" either, both are notorious for being WRONG.

Took another look at Topnotch's photos, that interior is of the Alloy V6 (the black GT is in the passenger mirror, and that SuperDuty with DRW's is in the passenger rear window) and it shows both the "wrapped and stitched IP brow" and the "new shifter **** and bezel ring". That spells "Premier Trim"
Old 6/28/06, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Tres and wawhitney, just to be clear, I am not disagreeing with what you have posted and concluded regarding the Premier Trim and the Sport Appearance Package.

But I still believe that when refering to ONLY THE GT Premier Trim, regardless of color choice (chamois, red, black, dove (essentially graphite) or parchment, the seats and door inserts are the color choice.

I think the Premier Trim in a V6 is different and I know this runs contrary to what Ford has published, but how else do you explain those photo's of the Alloy V6? Unless you can order the Premier Trim with the Sport Appearance Package?
Old 6/28/06, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
The pictures you posted have the "wrapped and stitched IP brow" in that Alloy Grey Premium V6.
Take a look at it again and see what you think, I'm now convinced I was mistaken when I said it had the stitched brow and console. I think it's just "jagginess" due to the low resolution of the photo.

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
it shows both the "wrapped and stitched IP brow" and the "new shifter **** and bezel ring". That spells "Premier Trim"
Actually the shifter **** and bezel ring are listed as part of both packages. Also there's no indication in the order guide that the packages (or color combos within the packages) are specific to the V6 or GT. But hey, we're all just throwing ideas out there and I certainly don't claim to be better at reading a crystal ball than anyone else It sure would be great if Ford would just tell us what the dang packages are! You'd think they could break this info BEFORE we all started ordering '07's!

Quick Reply: Interior Upgrade Package Question