2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Interior help, PLEASE READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/10, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior help, PLEASE READ!!

Hey all, i am brand new to this forum and i need alittle help. I have a dark blue 2009 mustang v6 with extra mods implied. however, i am very satisfied with my exterior and my performance. As far as the interior goes i have a touch screen pioneer nav system and complete audio is aftermarket. Now to where i need help.

My interior is gray.. and i mean gray gray gray gray gray. My doors are gray (except for black insert), my roof is gray, my carpet is gray, my lower dash is gray and my seats are grey. I do not have ambient lighting or my color, and i want to jazz it up ALOT with professional lighting or colored inserts or something. But the inside of my car is sooo boring. Please help me!
As far as interior lighting goes, i would love to buy the ambient lighting product for it, but if i get it, i want the lighted ring in the cupholder, not the hole witht the LED.

Please write back asap. Thank you!
Old 6/30/10, 01:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get black seats used, then resale yours, or have yours recovered in blue. Lots of people have painted various interior parts to match the exterior, or buy prefabbed stuff to trim the dash, doors, console etc... Look through other threads, here and on other forums, to get ideas. Mine is all black but has the aluminum trim so I know how you feel. Just hasn't been a priority yet.
Old 6/30/10, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ETNOATS
Get black seats used, then resale yours, or have yours recovered in blue. Lots of people have painted various interior parts to match the exterior, or buy prefabbed stuff to trim the dash, doors, console etc... Look through other threads, here and on other forums, to get ideas. Mine is all black but has the aluminum trim so I know how you feel. Just hasn't been a priority yet.
I just got some new 2010 black leather seats on ebay through Lance Cunningham Ford parts for $295. They are sold out now but they may offer more in the future.
Old 6/30/10, 09:07 AM

i was really wanting to go all out in black in my car, but if i did that, i could easily and professionally paint the vynll (sp?), but then i would have to deal with changing out my grey carpet, grey back carpet (behind backseat where speakers are), grey headliner, and grey sunvisers...
Old 6/30/10, 09:07 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerSBrown
Hey all, i am brand new to this forum and i need alittle help. I have a dark blue 2009 mustang v6 with extra mods implied. however, i am very satisfied with my exterior and my performance. As far as the interior goes i have a touch screen pioneer nav system and complete audio is aftermarket. Now to where i need help.

My interior is gray.. and i mean gray gray gray gray gray. My doors are gray (except for black insert), my roof is gray, my carpet is gray, my lower dash is gray and my seats are grey. I do not have ambient lighting or my color, and i want to jazz it up ALOT with professional lighting or colored inserts or something. But the inside of my car is sooo boring. Please help me!
As far as interior lighting goes, i would love to buy the ambient lighting product for it, but if i get it, i want the lighted ring in the cupholder, not the hole witht the LED.

Please write back asap. Thank you!
Tyler you might want to scroll through some of my old Topics on upgrading using OEM Parts.

https://themustangsource.com/f700/

Regards,

KC
Old 6/30/10, 10:05 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Start with the seats. Get some black covers and that will make a huge difference. You can also pick up some black floor mats to help and after that see how you feel about all black.
Old 7/2/10, 04:29 PM
GT Member

Some interior billitt parts will spruce it up--I put in a radio know & a/c ***** & the door lock pins that stick up through the door panels, looks sharp & doesn't cost an arm & a leg.
Old 7/15/10, 10:19 AM

Try welting...

You can also try welting. Here's a link on what exactly it looks like:

https://themustangsource.com/f692/ge...446550/index2/

but it's a very inexpensive mod and it's very easy to do. Some people take it a little too far for my tastes, but add some around the door for instance and it brings some of the outside color to the inside. Good luck...
Old 7/15/10, 04:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 what KC said. Also, you can spice up the interior with items from MGW, SHR, GMD, etc...

Last edited by SteelTownStang; 7/15/10 at 04:56 PM.