2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

INTERIOR Colors - (Prem trim package - 68B)

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/06, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeing as ford isn't specific enough on the interior colors, we're left to our own invetigation.. For now anyway.

I'm placing my 2007 order tomorrow. The sales manager is a good friend of mine. I got him to check up on the Interior Colors. Specifically if they are two-tone or not.
He spoke with the product manager of Ford Canada and it has been confirmed that the seats will infact be two-tone if you choose the Prem Upgrade Trim Package.

However there is still debate on where or not he was referring to only the CS package or the actual GT Trim packages. People do get things confused. But i was assured he was referring to the GT package.

As it stands.
The CS packages is 100% two-tone, as it is specifically stated in the order guide.
"Black/Camel or Black/Dove interior environments -heated leather seats with GT Leather Nudo,Aberdeen inserts"

The GT Prem Trim Upgrade
Confirmed as two-tone by Product Manager of Canada. That's only if he wasn't confused and refering to the CS package.

If anyone can shed some more light one this. Or better get some Pics of the interior that would be awesome.

There is a website outlined in the 2007 Features Guide that should list these options. Problem is we need
someone from the US with access to get into it and check for us.

So if anyone has access please enlighten us!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

I'll post more info as it becomes available.
Old 4/18/06, 02:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CS two tone seats, GT not two tone, The sport appearance pkge 18M now With Color accent-, steering, and shift **** and aluminum pedal covers - no 18G iup , is available in Parchment and Graphite.
The Premier trim with color accent 68B is now available in 5 colors not just red.
You can get black interior components ..door panels that blend with shaker speakers and black carpet, and black dash with 5 color choices of seat colors and door panel inserts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Five seat insert colors? this should be interesting, i wonder what the colors are?
Old 4/18/06, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FRITZ @ April 18, 2006, 5:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Five seat insert colors? this should be interesting, i wonder what the colors are?
[/b][/quote]
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=46474&hl=
Old 4/18/06, 06:19 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't mind the black carpet, in fact I'm going to get black floor mats for the '07, but I really like the parchment colored door panel with the black leather insert. Same for the bottom of the dash and the console, I like the parchment better than the black/charcoal. Just wish I could get my all-parchment interior with the souft-touch stitched dash cover and console lid. But I guess that's what the parts counter is for. Or our friendly TMS parts people. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

I hope we can get confirmation one way or the other. Pics would be fantastic. I'm going to be ordering very soon, and don't want to jack around with my order too much
Old 4/18/06, 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005GTDELUXE @ April 18, 2006, 2:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
CS two tone seats, GT not two tone, The sport appearance pkge 18M now With Color accent-, steering, and shift **** and aluminum pedal covers - no 18G iup , is available in Parchment and Graphite.
The Premier trim with color accent 68B is now available in 5 colors not just red.
You can get black interior components ..door panels that blend with shaker speakers and black carpet, and black dash with 5 color choices of seat colors and door panel inserts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Make more sense for Ford. Reuse inventory.
Two-Tone takes longer to make. And there is limited availability for the CS.

I'm still getting more info on this. I'll get my sales buddy to check with more sources at Ford.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WarBird69 @ April 18, 2006, 7:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I hope we can get confirmation one way or the other. Pics would be fantastic. I'm going to be ordering very soon, and don't want to jack around with my order too much
[/b][/quote]

Same here. I'm ordering tomorrow and guranteed their only allocation for a 5spd GT from Job1 June build.
If i change my order after it initially gets pulled then i'll be waiting till september to get my ride.

Ford should really be more straight forward and have more info available ahead of time for pre-orders. Specially for the Stang with its popularity.

But i'm sure we'll know the interior truth soon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 09:41 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CannonBaller @ April 18, 2006, 10:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Make more sense for Ford. Reuse inventory.
Two-Tone takes longer to make. And there is limited availability for the CS.

I'm still getting more info on this. I'll get my sales buddy to check with more sources at Ford.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Same here. I'm ordering tomorrow and guranteed their only allocation for a 5spd GT from Job1 June build.
If i change my order after it initially gets pulled then i'll be waiting till september to get my ride.

Ford should really be more straight forward and have more info available ahead of time for pre-orders. Specially for the Stang with its popularity.

But i'm sure we'll know the interior truth soon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Nick,
Looking forward to what you find out. Not seeing the Premier Interior has been preventing me from ordering. I think there is still some confusion out there as well. Will the interior be the same as GT500 with the only change being the seats and door panel inserts similar to the red seat option? That's the best I've figured out but think Ford should be letting us know this. Not sure why it hasn't been made public..
Old 4/19/06, 07:00 AM
Cobra Member

I'm thinkin' they're gonna look very similar to the '03 - '04 Cobra seats... leather with suede insets..
Old 4/23/06, 04:40 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CannonBaller @ April 18, 2006, 4:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Seeing as ford isn't specific enough on the interior colors, we're left to our own invetigation.. For now anyway.

I'm placing my 2007 order tomorrow. The sales manager is a good friend of mine. I got him to check up on the Interior Colors. Specifically if they are two-tone or not.
He spoke with the product manager of Ford Canada and it has been confirmed that the seats will infact be two-tone if you choose the Prem Upgrade Trim Package.

However there is still debate on where or not he was referring to only the CS package or the actual GT Trim packages. People do get things confused. But i was assured he was referring to the GT package.

As it stands.
The CS packages is 100% two-tone, as it is specifically stated in the order guide.
"Black/Camel or Black/Dove interior environments -heated leather seats with GT Leather Nudo,Aberdeen inserts"

The GT Prem Trim Upgrade
Confirmed as two-tone by Product Manager of Canada. That's only if he wasn't confused and refering to the CS package.

If anyone can shed some more light one this. Or better get some Pics of the interior that would be awesome.

There is a website outlined in the 2007 Features Guide that should list these options. Problem is we need
someone from the US with access to get into it and check for us.

So if anyone has access please enlighten us!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

I'll post more info as it becomes available.
[/b][/quote]

Some info worth noting. Was in NY to see the show on Saturday and made notice that the Hertz car had the Premier interior. What I could see was the the dash was stitched as they said, as well as the center console lid and arm rests. The seats were charcoal so no change there. The stitching complimented the leather seat stitching so it looked nice. Still no idea whether the seats will be all one color or just the seating surfaces like the GT500. The GT500 on display, however, had none of the stitching work on dash, center console lid, or door arm rests and the only difference was the red seating surfaces and the door inserts.
Old 4/23/06, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(davam1 @ April 23, 2006, 4:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Some info worth noting. Was in NY to see the show on Saturday and made notice that the Hertz car had the Premier interior. What I could see was the the dash was stitched as they said, as well as the center console lid and arm rests. The seats were charcoal so no change there. The stitching complimented the leather seat stitching so it looked nice. Still no idea whether the seats will be all one color or just the seating surfaces like the GT500. The GT500 on display, however, had none of the stitching work on dash, center console lid, or door arm rests and the only difference was the red seating surfaces and the door inserts.
[/b][/quote]

Dave, was the stitching black in color, or was it a contrast like the Ford Fusion. The black seats in the fusion have light gray stitching that looks fantastic. I'm hoping that my Torch Red/Charcoal with Premier Trim will be red contrasting stiching (!!!), but I really doubt that it will be that way.
Old 4/23/06, 08:36 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob99b5 @ April 23, 2006, 8:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dave, was the stitching black in color, or was it a contrast like the Ford Fusion. The black seats in the fusion have light gray stitching that looks fantastic. I'm hoping that my Torch Red/Charcoal with Premier Trim will be red contrasting stiching (!!!), but I really doubt that it will be that way.
[/b][/quote]

I don't recall it to be but am not 100% certain. I think I would have picked that up though as I've been curious about what it would be like for some time now. Seems to me now the GT500 show car from last years NY auto show had red stitching. I did pick up that the GT500 on display this year was nothing special in the interior albeit the red on the seating surfaces and in the door panels. No stitching at all. Interesting..
Old 4/24/06, 10:23 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob99b5 @ April 23, 2006, 8:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Nick,
There's a good pic of the eyebrow stitching in the "My trip to NY auto thread".
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=47633
Old 4/24/06, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Just want to give you an update.

i placed my 2007 order last week and i had my friend call the product manager again.

We asked him specifically about last years(2006) ICAP and how it compared to 2007, just so there was no confusion.
Well this guy hasn't actually seen it first hand either, so he had to call his contacts in the USA.
And he's still sticking to the two-tone seat story.

But now that it has gone through a 3rd person. I'm not 100% sure that nothing got mixed up coming down the grapevine.
I would have no problem with this if it wasnt' for the fact the the CS special comes with two-tone, and the order guide specifies that, but the GT order portion does not. (just says "seating surfaces")

We once again looked over the Premium Trim codes codes.
Last years ICAP was code KR. and for 2007 the code for Black/Red Accent is also KR.
In addition the description of ICAP was almost word for word with the Premium Trim description.

So everything seems to be leaning more towards one color seats, instead of two-tone.

But until we see some pics....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 07:02 PM
Bullitt Member

So...
looky here what Ford has on their website. These are definetly not 2006 interiors. So it is most likely the 2007 interiors shown and someone screwed up and posted them early.

Anyway...i managed to grab screen shots and chop them.
If you want to see them on Ford's Site. Just go to the Build and Price section.
http://www.forddirect.com
Old 4/27/06, 07:09 PM
Cobra Member

I don't know... I'm thinkin' that might be glare making it look lighter in the center sections.... but did you see the pics that Kevin posted of the GT/CS seats? This is what I was thinkin' ... like the Cobra seats I posted above.
Old 4/27/06, 08:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THATS HOW THE UPGRADED V6/GT INTERIORS WILL LOOK...

THE BLACK W/GRAY OR PARCHMENT INSERTS WILL BE ON THE GT/CS
Old 4/27/06, 09:26 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CannonBaller @ April 27, 2006, 9:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So...
looky here what Ford has on their website. These are definetly not 2006 interiors. So it is most likely the 2007 interiors shown and someone screwed up and posted them early.

[/b][/quote]

Nick,
What do you think? You could always opt for the all charcoal interior and have the 2-tone after market? I had suspected the seats to be all one color but the oder guide of course wasn't specific. Don't know if your order can be changed.
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CannonBaller @ April 27, 2006, 9:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So...

[/b][/quote]

Nick,
What do you think? You could always opt for the all charcoal interior and have the 2-tone after market? I had suspected the seats to be all one color but the oder guide of course wasn't specific. Don't know if your order can be changed.
GT Member

So...

[/b][/quote]

Nick,

Quick Reply: INTERIOR Colors - (Prem trim package - 68B)