2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/14, 04:43 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Insurance Question

So someone hit my car while I was parked overnight. This was several months ago. I filed an insurance claim, and told them that I planned to fix it. But I had a lot going on at the time, so I told them that I didn't know when I would have time to get it fixed.

So forward to now...I still have the insurance money, and I'm ready to get it fixed. My question is can I contact them and still get a rental car paid for. Or will they find it suspicious or something that I still haven't gotten it fixed.

I don't have much experience dealing with insurance companies, so I'm not sure what to expect or if there's a time limit on claims. Thanks.
Old 1/10/14, 05:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Never heard of a time limit so I would call and ask them. Every company is different.
Old 1/10/14, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Aww sorry to hear that. I know the feeling. That happened to me years ago before I had a mustang. Never found out who did it. Denton is a bad area for car. My daughter goes to college there and her car has gotten dents and dings. She has a red Honda she named Sebastian. For the insurance, since so much time has passed you would need to contact them. I don't think it would be looked at as suspicious since you still have the money they sent you. My insurance does not give me the money. I get it fixed and the insurance pays the shop directly. I don't remember any time limits.
Old 1/11/14, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if there is no lien on car check goes to car owner
Old 1/12/14, 05:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I kept after a company for a repair i had to sign off on because I needed a car , not Ford at time,I find out after that an engine mount was broken so they just welded it . Ack Some time had passed and I believe out motor lic issuer here so too bad you only have 6 months to go back. So they may have some kind of legal stipulation to time. You would think you could dig it up on Google