2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

installed HID's and rotopros rotors/pads

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/07 | 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im not saying anyone is right or wrong, only what I was informed of when I wanted to install my set. What makes Richard an expert or for the same matter, Brake Designs an expert. I just reassured myself by seeing how some high end luxury exotics, which come standard with brakes such as these, have their rotors positioned. As I mentioned the Porsche, my Moms AMG CLS, and a few other cars I keep noticing have them done this style. I think their R & D has a litlle more credibility, wouldn't you say? You can put them on either way, and nothing will happen and Im not trying to be a pain in the a$$ about it, because I, myself thought they were supposed to go the way you & Richard are saying but when Brake Designs said it should go the way I have it now, I became skeptical. Thats when I started observing cars that came with those style rotors from the factory. When I saw these big names runnunig their rotors in the direction noted by BDI, I decided to run mine that way as well.

BTW, your car looks great and I remember going through these forums and seeing your car w/ your rims and that is what made me want to get my Nitrous.
Old 11/12/07 | 04:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Im not saying anyone is right or wrong, only what I was informed of when I wanted to install my set. What makes Richard an expert or for the same matter, Brake Designs an expert. I just reassured myself by seeing how some high end luxury exotics, which come standard with brakes such as these, have their rotors positioned. As I mentioned the Porsche, my Moms AMG CLS, and a few other cars I keep noticing have them done this style. I think their R & D has a litlle more credibility, wouldn't you say? You can put them on either way, and nothing will happen and Im not trying to be a pain in the a$$ about it, because I, myself thought they were supposed to go the way you & Richard are saying but when Brake Designs said it should go the way I have it now, I became skeptical. Thats when I started observing cars that came with those style rotors from the factory. When I saw these big names runnunig their rotors in the direction noted by BDI, I decided to run mine that way as well.

BTW, your car looks great and I remember going through these forums and seeing your car w/ your rims and that is what made me want to get my Nitrous.
I am with you man I went through that same thought process when i got the Rotors from Richard and made repeated calls to him to make sure. I figure since he is the one selling this product he should know. I also called one of my auto parts suppliers and had them look into it and they confirmed his response. So i installed mine the way he said to.
Apparently the reason is the way the slot clean the rotors when they swipe across the surface When you have them with the top portion of the slot at the top portion of the rotor when they rotate they started at the bottom of the pad and go upward thus pushing things out the top .

Thanks for the compliments on the car.

Richard
Old 11/13/07 | 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Richard, I am still battling this crazy thought of which direction they should go, and while I was looking at the Sema pix, I came across this photo and it showed how the Shelby GT500KR brakes face. I dont know anymore!
Old 11/13/07 | 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK where is the deal on the HIDs???
Old 11/13/07 | 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

I am with you Joe. I also went to Rotorpros site and he has some pictures of customers cars. And some have the rotors one way and other have them the opposite way. Another reason i repeatedly called him to confirm. Honestly i am beginning to wonder if it really matters.

Richard
Old 11/14/07 | 09:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I thought going the opposite way of rotation would eat the pads quicker?